The pessimism thread - That game didn’t go as planned

Einstein

Maybe we can keep all the pessimism in this thread? Eh, who am I kidding.

- I’m guessing we lose this game if Tua was playing.

- The defense gave up 3rd and 19, 2nd and 18, 1st and 15, 4th and 8 and probably others i’m forgetting. And that’s with them starting their THIRD string QB and BACKUP RB and BACKUP RT.

- We couldn’t get pressure for most of the game unless we blitzed. 4 rushers we’re not getting home.

- Allen had 3 turnovers, though I don’t think they were all his fault.

- Lots of people want to blame Dorsey but we scored 34 points despite 3 turnovers. Not sure what they’re complaining about.

Lastly, WE WON. Miami lost. Nothing else matters. Take your weird coach and go back to your swamp-ass humid city. LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

hell, we might have lost this game if Bridgewater was playing instead of Thompson.

On to the next round!

Somehow I don't think we'll be saying that next week.

The Bills have looked like this, more or less, for the 2nd half of the damned season.

I kept waiting for us to snap out of it, and it never did.

Still hope for next week though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

- The defense gave up 3rd and 19, 2nd and 18, 1st and 15, 4th and 8 and probably others i’m forgetting. And that’s with them starting their THIRD string QB and BACKUP RB and BACKUP RT.

- We couldn’t get pressure for most of the game unless we blitzed. 4 rushers we’re not getting home.

- Lots of people want to blame Dorsey but we scored 34 points despite 3 turnovers. Not sure what they’re complaining about.

Lastly, WE WON. Miami lost. Nothing else matters. Take your weird coach and go back to your swamp-ass humid city. LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

Because we were unbelievably predictable. Because we had about 6 drives that would've put this game in the ground.  Because we went 3 and out on how many drives, by wasting throws. Because we refused to run a screen or draw. Draw used to be the only run play we had, and you forget it against crazy cover 0's all day.

Did you watch or just check the score after?

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No, I don't think so...I think the Bills played arrogant football on offense too much of the game as if Miami couldn't stop it and they wanted to rest starters by the 4th quarter. They were trying to beat them 55-3 instead of just making sure they won.

Their arrogance almost cost them. I don't think they would have had the same gameplan if Tua played or have played so loosely goosey on offense.

It means ZERO going into next week. ZERO.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Defense allowed 3.9 yards per play, 4-16 on third down, forced 2 picks, allowed 2.1 YPC, had 4 sacks, allowed 18 completions on 45 attempts.

Sure, there were a few bad long plays. But the main story of the game was MUTLIPLE bone headed TO's and gaffes that gave Miami short fields and points.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

We’re finally good enough to not just be happy with just winning games we should have dominated. 

Yeah yeah, a win’s a win, but we’re not that team from 2017 where we all cried over backing into the playoffs. Reviews of games now must include the bad - and despite 34 points, this game was mainly bad. 

And as a reminder, their starting QB was Skylar ***** Thompson. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No, I don't think so...I think the Bills played arrogant football on offense too much of the game as if Miami couldn't stop it and they wanted to rest starters by the 4th quarter. They were trying to beat them 55-3 instead of just making sure they won.

Their arrogance almost cost them. I don't think they would have had the same gameplan if Tua played or have played so loosely goosey on offense.

You could be right, but im not so sure. We were running a lot of deep routes but I think that’s because Miami was playing man and they were running man beaters.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Defense allowed 3.9 yards per play, 4-16 on third down, forced 2 picks, allowed 2.1 YPC, had 4 sacks, allowed 18 completions on 45 attempts.

A lot of this is because Miami was dropping everything.

Add in 100 yards of drops, first downs, etc and those numbers change COMPLETELY. Not every team will be as generous.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LifeLongBillsFan said:

Just to many key player injuries 

Injuries had nothing to do with anything this game.  The Bills playing dumb, undisciplined football like they have done in every game since the bye did, with this being the worst of them.  Play calling, game management and player decision making / execution were all the worst of the season.  How your team isn’t ready to play in the playoffs is beyond me.  

Edited by TheWeatherMan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Add in 100 yards of drops, first downs, etc and those numbers change COMPLETELY. Not every team will be as generous.

But they didn't.  You're saying "if if if."  I'm talking about what happened on the field today.

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

the 4th and 8 was because of a Milano missed tackle.

Beasley bobble pick should have been a penalty 

you also had just misses on plays

shakir long throw and drop

Davis end of half couldn’t get both feet in 

Brown mistake on the pic

they easily could’ve put up over 50.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

They dropped 3 balls, relax. One was a big play the others would’ve gotten them 5-8 yards maybe 

It's a tough league. We were never going to waltz through the post-season. But if we can keep beating what's in front of us? Who knows?

Oh sorry - it's the pessimism thread .... so ... I don't see us as one of the best four teams in the NFL. We may have run our course this season - that's what my head says. But my heart?  Well, this team is nothing if not full of surprises, so I just won't be writing them off just yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

They dropped 3 balls, relax. One was a big play the others would’ve gotten them 5-8 yards maybe 

Uh, they dropped at least 5.

2 of them were 30+ yard passes. Another was a first down. Another was probably a first down with YAC. Another would have put them in the redzone.

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Uh, they dropped at least 5.

2 of them were 30+ yard passes. Another was a first down. Another was probably a first down with YAC. Another would have put them in the redzone.

Waddle had a 30+, who else? I can think of Hill and then the running back…when did the other drops happen? 

here's a chat

[32m] Remember Baltimore has a better defense than Miami. If they put up 17-20 points,

they can beat the Bills. Don’t get cocky.

[30m] Baltimore is gonna put up 17-20 points only if the Bills gift them like they gifted the

fish, the Bills defense is a bad match for Miami O, but a perfect match for the Baltimore O

[30m] You’re making my argument for Me

[29m] every meaningful game Bills & Ravens have played, Buffalo has ******* throttled them

that zone makes the QB (Lamar) beat them with throws outside the numbers which he cant

[29m] All the more reason not to get cocky. Lamar won’t play

[29m] whichever dummy is playing the role of lamar has the same limitation

[29m] I’m going to screenshot this and text it to you repeatedly if they end up playing and losing to ravens.

[29m] challenge accepted

Guys, Josh has Regressed!!! I know he had some drops, but one series explains it all. 1st and 10. Two bombs and a missed throw with game on line. Just not smart, panics when it comes down to it. So many missed throws, the third down to Shakir open over the middle. Over throws him. We are kidding ourselves to even put him anywhere near Mahomes of for that matter Burrow. Bengals smoke us next week!!  I didn’t know Daboll would mean that much. 

Edited by Baba Booey

We came out with our hair on fire, but I think the overrule on the third score (Knox drop) immediately followed by Bass kicking it OOB, just sort of took the air out of the balloon and opened up Pandora's Sloppy Ass Football Box like we've seen on a handful of occasions this season.  By the time we got reengaged and into the game again, the Fins had tied the game and really believed they could win and we were in hold on for dear life mode. 

I'm just relieved that we escaped and will get to play one more week.  Anything can happen from here on out, but I do agree with the OP that I'm very very concerned about the front four against Cincy or KC.  We will have to play very clean football on offense and win some shootouts the next two weeks if we want a SB.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.