Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Spoiler alert: The bills aren’t trading for him. 

4 hours ago, gordong said:

sorry man just being real...   hey I would love for it to happen but I just think that ship has sailed. 

Right now, I feel Beane's mindset is "on to the Draft". I imagine he had his conversation with Arizona and maybe Hopkins, realized that what they were willing to pay didn't match up with one or both of them wanted and that was that.

I think the only way it happens is if Arizona taps out and concedes to giving him away AND Hopkins is willing to rip up his contract and signs something team friendly because he wants to be here. Or they release him and signs something team friendly because he wants to be here.

I don't see either option as likely. Like I said, I think he's focusing on the Draft right now. If the board falls in a way he can get a WR he loves, I think he pulls the trigger. If it doesn't, I think he circles back to OBJ or trades.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

7 hours ago, mrags said:

100%. Burrow, Higgins, and Chase all on rookie deals. They will feel the shock soon. Burrow will be paid as the biggest contract in NFL history when his deal gets done. Chase may be looking for highest paid WR ever. And Higgins will make more than Diggs is currently making when his deal is done. There zero chance that Cinci can keep them all. 

Even bigger, Mike Brown is not rich by NFL owners standards. So using the whole cash to cap method for the Bengals just isn't possible. They're very similar to the Ralph Wilson era Bills. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of this all they have is Burrows. That said, just like Buffalo, having the elite QB will be enough of a threat. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think it's realistic that if our 1st round graded players are gone at 27, we could see something like this:  

2024 Conditional 3rd, 2nd if AFC Champ, 1st if SB

For

Hopkins

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think it's realistic that if our 1st round graded players are gone at 27, we could see something like this:  

For

Hopkins

I don’t mind that, but I wouldn’t give up a first next year for him in the deal, upto, but no more than a second.

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

Even bigger, Mike Brown is not rich by NFL owners standards. So using the whole cash to cap method for the Bengals just isn't possible. They're very similar to the Ralph Wilson era Bills. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of this all they have is Burrows. That said, just like Buffalo, having the elite QB will be enough of a threat. 

Ralph Wilson made Tons of Bills the highest paid In the league 

The 90s teams were called the million dollar bills he was spending so much 

his problem was he didn’t always sign the right guys … the dude made OJ the highest , Jimbo the highest, Bruce the highest … made Derrick Dockery the highest paid guard in the nfl 

decisions like the last hurt the team … but he spent 

• Thank you (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I don’t mind that, but I wouldn’t give up a first next year for him in the deal, upto, but no more than a second.

Absolutely. In no way do we give up a 1st plus for a 31 year old WR.

Not to mention, that's not how trade conditions work. They're met by individual performance, snap counts, and availability - not by team performance. 

In this scenario, Hopkins could blow out his knee Week 1, contribute nothing, and then we'd be on the hook for a 1st if they made the Super Bowl without him. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ralph Wilson made Tons of Bills the highest paid In the league 

The 90s teams were called the million dollar bills he was spending so much 

his problem was he didn’t always sign the right guys … the dude made OJ the highest , Jimbo the highest, Bruce the highest … made Derrick Dockery the highest paid guard in the nfl 

decisions like the last hurt the team … but he spent 

I didn't say Ralph didn't spend. He did sometimes and he didn't others. I said he was not a rich NFL owner. Also, like Brown, he became wealthy based on the team. Terry is in a much different position and I think anybody would agree that the way we spend now is just different. We are converting salary to bonus, paying huge sums in chunk money up front to free cap space. All luxuries very wealthy owners can employ, Brown and Ralph were never in that category.   

Edited by KzooMike
  • Agree 2

Sports Illustrated NFL Insider Albert Breer now thinks there’s a chance Hopkins will be cut by the Cardinals.

” potential suitors believe the Cardinals will wind up cutting their 30-year-old star receiver because his age and his contract make him hard to move.”

Breer also mentioned that one team has been given permission by the Cardinals to talk with Hopkins, but the identity of the team wasn’t revealed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/national-nfl-writer-outlines-needs-141330238.html

14 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

For

Hopkins

Arizona might not have any 1st round graded players left at 27 to want to trade up for either …

Edited by Aussie Joe

17 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Right now, I feel Beane's mindset is "on to the Draft". I imagine he had his conversation with Arizona and maybe Hopkins, realized that what they were willing to pay didn't match up with one or both of them wanted and that was that.

I think the only way it happens is if Arizona taps out and concedes to giving him away AND Hopkins is willing to rip up his contract and signs something team friendly because he wants to be here. Or they release him and signs something team friendly because he wants to be here.

I don't see either option as likely. Like I said, I think he's focusing on the Draft right now. If the board falls in a way he can get a WR he loves, I think he pulls the trigger. If it doesn't, I think he circles back to OBJ or trades.

I don't think Beane calls back. But come draft day, if the board doesn't fall our way, the Cardinals may call back and wanna play ball

18 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Contract an impediment to get a trade done says Cards GM. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/06/steve-keim-on-deandre-hopkins-the-problem-is-his-current-contract/

not sure he’s worth the trouble and especially the cost. 

That's from the Former Cardinals GM, not the current one. 

And it's obvious that his contract is a major hurdle. But the other thing that makes it a downright impossibility is the Cardinals asking price.

He says given the contract and his age, they're probably only going to get a 3rd day pick. Which is true. However, they are reportedly asking for a "Christian McCaffrey package". That's not going to happen.

56 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And it's obvious that his contract is a major hurdle. But the other thing that makes it a downright impossibility is the Cardinals asking price.

He says given the contract and his age, they're probably only going to get a 3rd day pick. Which is true. However, they are reportedly asking for a "Christian McCaffrey package". That's not going to happen.

This is what makes sense. If they want a Christian McCaffrey type package they would be expected to eat some or much of the salary. If they don’t want to eat the salary they likely get a day 3 pick out of the deal. 

fwiw they were talking about it on WGR the other day I think. Someone said the Cards previous Gm has contacted the league/Goodell with some issues with the owner and the HC this past season. Something about the Gm was suspended for 5 weeks and the owner made them all is burner phones to communicate while he was suspended. Said he still us the burner phone for evidence. 

not sure what cheating was going on or anything but it was an abuse of league rules to the suspension. So you might actually see the Cards be reprimanded in some form or another. Possibly loss of a draft pick somewhere. If that happens you could see the current Gm make a play to recoup any picks that were lost by making a trade. Maybe a 3rd round or something like that. Idk. Just passing on the info I heard. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, mrags said:

This is what makes sense. If they want a Christian McCaffrey type package they would be expected to eat some or much of the salary. If they don’t want to eat the salary they likely get a day 3 pick out of the deal. 

fwiw they were talking about it on WGR the other day I think. Someone said the Cards previous Gm has contacted the league/Goodell with some issues with the owner and the HC this past season. Something about the Gm was suspended for 5 weeks and the owner made them all is burner phones to communicate while he was suspended. Said he still us the burner phone for evidence. 

not sure what cheating was going on or anything but it was an abuse of league rules to the suspension. So you might actually see the Cards be reprimanded in some form or another. Possibly loss of a draft pick somewhere. If that happens you could see the current Gm make a play to recoup any picks that were lost by making a trade. Maybe a 3rd round or something like that. Idk. Just passing on the info I heard. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/05/steve-wilkss-lawsuit-against-cardinals-says-there-is-evidence-steve-keim-was-involved-during-his-so-called-suspension/amp/

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Give Cleveland some time.  They like offering stupid deals.

• Haha (+1) 3

22 hours ago, gobilz said:

Tiresome 

and yet ..... here we are :)   

Like the older but productive still DE pass rushers listed in another thread (and ty)
Nothing will likely occur till after the draft for these Veteran players that have previous big $ associated.

200 posts will come . I believe in Us  

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Remember when so many people believe the random “ErieCountyBills” account that said the Bills were trading for Hopkins 🤣🤣🤣

I tried telling you it was BS…some of you just want to be lied to

It ain’t over

50 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Remember when so many people believe the random “ErieCountyBills” account that said the Bills were trading for Hopkins 🤣🤣🤣

NO. He never said that.

He said we are interested / the leader / negotiating

Aaron Wilson (a legit NFL reporter) reported the same things a few days after “Erie County Bulls” originally did

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

NO. He never said that.

Aaron Wilson (a legit NFL reporter) reported the same things a few days after “Erie County Bulls” originally did

No one reported anything other than the Bills were one of the teams interested.

There is no such thing as an anonymous social media insider. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

It ain’t over

It’s over… when nothing happens I’ll be the guy to tell you “I told you so”

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

NO. He never said that.

He went further than Wilson did and fans like you treated ECBulls like he had legit information.  It was pure BS…we all knew it was…but fans were so desperate they allowed themselves to believe some random Twitter account. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-deandre-hopkins-trade-idea-rumors-draft-picks-greg-rousseau-arizona-cardinals

Bills receive:

- WR DeAndre Hopkins

- 2023 No. 3 overall pick

Cardinals receive:

- DE Greg Rousseau

- 2023 No. 27 overall pick

- 2023 No. 59 overall pick

- 2024 First-Round Pick

-2024 Second-Round Pick

No way I would want to do this, too many high draft picks.

• Vomit 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-deandre-hopkins-trade-idea-rumors-draft-picks-greg-rousseau-arizona-cardinals

Bills receive:

- WR DeAndre Hopkins

Cardinals receive:

- DE Greg Rousseau

- 2024 First-Round Pick

-2024 Second-Round Pick

Who exactly are the Bills drafting at #3? I’m guessing the only way this could make sense is if they then use that pick to get their #1 pick back in 2024?

14 hours ago, JohnNord said:

That guy blocked me for calling him out. Has he said anything recently? 

45 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

Bills receive:

- WR DeAndre Hopkins

Cardinals receive:

- DE Greg Rousseau

- 2024 First-Round Pick

-2024 Second-Round Pick

I might cancel my seasons if they did this. 

59 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

Bills receive:

- WR DeAndre Hopkins

Cardinals receive:

- DE Greg Rousseau

- 2024 First-Round Pick

-2024 Second-Round Pick

People think SI is the Sports Illustrated of old but that site is just a really bad fan blog like the Bleacher Report back in it's early years.   Putting the word "rumors" in the title implies that there is some chance that such a trade happens and there absolutely is not.

I saw an "article" the other day that suggested the Yankees might trade their valuable second baseman Gleyber Torres to the Dodgers for a washed up bum who can only play DH named JD Martinez that they picked up off the street this winter.     Meanwhile the Yankees already have 4 guys to who need days off at DH.   Utter stupidity.   When you start seeing articles about trading players that were just signed in free agency for peanuts to other teams..........that the other team could have just signed if they had any value to them..........you know that it's an idiot fan post.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, JohnNord said:

What got me is when Stevie Johnson was saying that "he was on his way"

18 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Its BS until it isnt BS.

Plenty of times people said "no way" for trades and free agent signings but this one theres just "no way" 😂

12 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Its BS until it isnt BS.

Plenty of times people said "no way" for trades and free agent signings but this one theres just "no way" 😂

…and plenty of times random users on Twitter pose as insiders or in the know about certain players.  In most cases it’s a fan trying guessing based off national reporters and trying to make themselves feel important.

If their guess actually happens then they take a victory lap.

If their guess doesn’t happen then “plans change”

What gets me is how easily some otherwise knowledgeable Bills fans in this forum have been duped by this random account. 

22 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

What got me is when Stevie Johnson was saying that "he was on his way"

It seems that Hopkins might have had his former player friends put that out there.  Pac Man Jones did a whole segment on Pat McAfee talking about teams he would could be traded to.  

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

That guy blocked me for calling him out. Has he said anything recently? 

Nothing… Like he’s always done, he simply re-phrases news already reported by other outlet and pretends it’s his own.  

I’m glad to hear that you gave him some crap because it’s astounding how many people actually thought he had some kind of info.  I completely believe those fans just want to be lied to:

Edited by JohnNord

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Nothing… Like he’s always done, he simply re-phrases news already reported by other outlet and pretends it’s his own.  

I’m glad to hear that you gave him some crap because it’s astounding how many people actually thought he had some kind of info.  I completely believe those fans just want to be lied to:

Wrong. He reported the Edwards signing before anyone. He also reported our interest in acquiring Hopkins before anyone. It’s either good guesses or he actually knows someone in the front office. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Wrong. He reported the Edwards signing before anyone. He also reported our interest in acquiring Hopkins before anyone. It’s either good guesses or he actually knows someone in the front office. 

😂 After it was reported by legit media that the Bills media were bringing him in for a tryout THREE earlier.  

There was also a report the Bills were looking at Jordan Phillips.  I could have easily guessed an announced his signing if I wanted to pretend to be an insider.  

It sounds like you want to be lied to.  That’s fine but just know he is full of *****

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

😂 After it was reported by legit media that the Bills media were bringing him in for a tryout THREE earlier.  

There was also a report the Bills were looking at Jordan Phillips.  I could have easily guessed an announced his signing if I wanted to pretend to be an insider.  

It sounds like you want to be lied to.  That’s fine but just know he is full of *****

I can’t prove whether or not the guy actually receives inside information. All I know is he hasn’t been wrong yet…and he has been ahead of publicly reported information