Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

What some rationale people have said 40 pages ago...

To think this started with: a song, orange juice, people following others on social media (who would ever think), and ALOT of information coming from random sources.

This will end with @Warriorspikes51 and @IronMaidenBills blaming Beane for not pulling the trigger on this...

meanwhile Beane is likely laughing at all the conjecture and will probably laugh it off at his next presser when asked about it.

Critical thinking skills are lacking, instesd we have wishful thinking for days on here

Add me to the angry mob with pitchforks if Beane doesn’t pull the trigger on this!!! (Not really, but that’s what I would say if I was irrational 😉)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Hopkins not being a bill would be a big letdown at this point. 

It would be criminal and Beane should be charged. Imagine not getting another 1B WR when they are available. We need this. If he can’t do it, we will find someone that can. 

9 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

What some rationale people have said 40 pages ago...

To think this started with: a song, orange juice, people following others on social media (who would ever think), and ALOT of information coming from random sources.

This will end with @Warriorspikes51 and @IronMaidenBills blaming Beane for not pulling the trigger on this...

meanwhile Beane is likely laughing at all the conjecture and will probably laugh it off at his next presser when asked about it.

Critical thinking skills are lacking, instesd we have wishful thinking for days on here

If Beane can’t pull this off, he should be fired on the spot. You are the GM, it is your job to make this team better and go after pieces that are needed to win. Period. Go get Hopkins or start looking for another job. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It would be criminal and Beane should be charged. Imagine not getting another 1B WR when they are available. We need this. If he can’t do it, we will find someone that can. 

If Beane can’t pull this off, he should be fired on the spot. You are the GM, it is your job to make this team better and go after pieces that are needed to win. Period. Go get Hopkins or start looking for another job. 

There is a player involved in the process.  You can't just say "Look, I'm a great GM so you're gonna join MY team and for THIS much money!".  Also, the salary cap is a thing.

If your post was sarcastic, then I apologize.  It does seem over the top.

• Agree 1

Just now, The Red King said:

There is a player involved in the process.  You can't just say "Look, I'm a great GM so you're gonna join MY team and for THIS much money!".  Also, the salary cap is a thing.

If your post was sarcastic, then I apologize.  It does seem over the top.

I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I just wanna say that this sounds hyperbolic but you're still more right than not. We've criminally under invested in an all time QB talent, because our coaching and front office philosophy is stuck in 1993. You have to lose assets now to atone for that error. This is the championship window. Even 2 years from now, no Diggs or Davis probably. Go win now 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Hopkins not being a bill would be a big letdown at this point. 

Majority of people were against it until they heard rumors Bills might be interested.  Shouldn’t get your hopes up over rumors.  How many times have we heard things like this about a player and nothing came of it.  Almost every year 

Edited by GolfandBills

32 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It just bothers me when fans get so worked up that they'll throw critical thinking out the window and will only listen to the things they want to hear and try and smear anything else simply because it's not what they want to hear.

Then what the hell good is the internet??!!  Pretty sure it was invented by Al Gore for that exact purpose. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

I doubt it.

I’ve already made the ultimatum a week ago. It’s Hopkins or else. His entire job this offseason should have been prioritizing another weapon for Josh. We are in an arms race with KC/Cinci. If Beane doesn’t realize that’s, then I don’t want him as our GM. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Exactly. Taking in all the info and thinking critically has been thrown by the wayside in favor of pure emotion of just wanting him here.

Don't try saying all could be true or we don't know what's true and what isn't. And don't dare try to imply the flight to Arizona could be for the Owner's Meeting this weekend in Arizona.

Ian Rapaport who is as full proof as you can get just said 3 days ago that talks were heating up and now "no one else is interested"? Come on man. A trade is gonna happen. It might not be to the Bills or Chiefs but that is complete nonsense 

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

ridiculous. You are way too invested in this idea (and that’s all it was/is, an idea.) Fire the guy on the spot, huh? Without knowing any of the demands or the course of the negotiations? Yeah sure. 

worst kind of Bills fan guy. Don’t mind saying it.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

To this day, a Terminator still makes my head turn.  I have a brand new set of staggered 18×9/18x10.5s AFS alloy replicas for when the day comes...

Nastiest sounding car imo. Should have bought one about 6 years ago. The prices have only risen since. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Ian Rapaport who is as full proof as you can get just said 3 days ago that talks were heating up and now "no one else is interested"? Come on man. A trade is gonna happen. It might not be to the Bills or Chiefs but that is complete nonsense 

He said we traded for Antonio Brown too.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’ve already made the ultimatum a week ago. It’s Hopkins or else. His entire job this offseason should have been prioritizing another weapon for Josh. We are in an arms race with KC/Cinci. If Beane doesn’t realize that’s, then I don’t want him as our GM. 

Lol. Now you’re under the delusion that you are in the position to put ultimatums to people who know more about the business of football than you could learn in 10 lifetimes. 

You’ve lost the script.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

ridiculous. You are way too invested in this idea (and that’s all it was/is, an idea.) Fire the guy on the spot, huh? Without knowing any of the demands or the course of the negotiations? Yeah sure. 

worst kind of Bills fan guy. Don’t mind saying it.

I guess you don’t want to win then, ok with just making the playoffs. Ok with getting spanked by KC or Cinci every year when it matters. Well I’m not ok with it and I’m not going to stand for it. Everyone here knows we need a better Oline and a better #2 WR for Allen. We are wasting him. It’s criminal negligence. I honestly feel bad for Allen that we have wasted so much capital on defense just to watch Allen squirm around and watch Diggs get doubled. 
Getting Hopkins proves to me that Beane gets it, and understands what is needed. Otherwise I will just lose total faith in management and that they don’t understand what is needed to win. 

• Eyeroll 1

Like I said a few pages back it seems like DHOP would like to come here. Beane being the lousy GM he is figured it’s not worth the asking price and promptly returned to getting ready for the draft.

Steve Tasker all but confirmed today this is all wishful thinking that’s good enough for me. 
Onto the draft. Where we know the first three players will be defense and we all know it. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Lol. Now you’re under the delusion that you are in the position to put ultimatums to people who know more about the business of football than you could learn in 10 lifetimes. 

You’ve lost the script.

Beanes track record proves otherwise. While I stand by my Breece Hall and Woolen looks better than what Beane has done. This message board could manage this team better as a whole. I’m not sure Beane has what it takes. Hopkins proves to me that he does and I’m willing to wait it out. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I guess you don’t want to win then, ok with just making the playoffs. Ok with getting spanked by KC or Cinci every year when it matters. Well I’m not ok with it and I’m not going to stand for it. Everyone here knows we need a better Oline and a better #2 WR for Allen. We are wasting him. It’s criminal negligence. I honestly feel bad for Allen that we have wasted so much capital on defense just to watch Allen squirm around and watch Diggs get doubled. 
Getting Hopkins proves to me that Beane gets it, and understands what is needed. Otherwise I will just lose total faith in management and that they don’t understand what is needed to win. 

I don’t usually agree with you (except about music), but this is true. There is an arms race in the AFC and the Bills need to get in that game or they have to wait for two years for the Bengals and Jets to fall back. But by that time Diggs and Von will be gone. The time to load up is now.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Like I said a few pages back it seems like DHOP would like to come here. Beane being the lousy GM he is figured it’s not worth the asking price and promptly returned to getting ready for the draft.

Steve Tasker all but confirmed today this is all wishful thinking that’s good enough for me. 
Onto the draft. Where we know the first three players will be defense and we all know it. 

When did Tasker say this? I want to read or listen to it so I can stop refreshing twitter every 5 minutes after days of this my fingers are bleeding and turning into lil nubs.

My best guess (if any of what we hear is true) is that the new AZ GM is potentially a bit over his head in asking for too much and will either come down or risk creating an environment where Hopkins has to force his way out. 

Re: Tasker today .. They also said it’s been ultra-quiet and that’s usually when stuff happens. 

Just now, dje85 said:

When did Tasker say this? I want to read or listen to it so I can stop refreshing twitter every 5 minutes after days of this my fingers are bleeding and turning into lil nubs.

Goto onebillslive on the WGR app from today he said quite frankly this is all made up online stuff and let it go 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don’t usually agree with you (except about music), but this is true. There is an arms race in the AFC and the Bills need to get in that game or they have to wait for two years for the Bengals and Jets to fall back. But by that time Diggs and Von will be gone. The time to load up is now.

Fella with a handle of IronMaidenBills most certainly has a different taste in music from me, and I think there's something a bit jejune in his hyperbolic rhetoric, but I also agree that Beane ought to feel urgency to make a significant move if there is one to reasonably be had (or even a little unreasonably . . . )

• Agree 1

Again, a player is not a suit.  It is not set at a fixed price and available to walk in and buy at any time.  If, say, Hopkins simply did not want to play in Buffalo for some reason, there is literally nothing Beane could do to get him here.  Should he be fired for that, should that happen?

Edited by The Red King
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Beanes track record proves otherwise. While I stand by my Breece Hall and Woolen looks better than what Beane has done. This message board could manage this team better as a whole. I’m not sure Beane has what it takes. Hopkins proves to me that he does and I’m willing to wait it out. 

Let me get this straight. 

You posted about liking Breece Hall and Tariq Woolen on a message board and that makes you infallible in comparison to a NFL executive of the year winner. 

The self-assured hubris you display is unparalleled. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Goto onebillslive on the WGR app from today he said quite frankly this is all made up online stuff and let it go 

Weird .. because when I had OBL on, they were certainly entertaining the apparently made up online stuff. 

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He must do this for the Motherland!!!!!

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Again, a player is not a suit.  It is not set at a fixed price and available to walk in and buy at any time.  If, say, Hopkins simply did not want to play in Buffalo for some reason, there is literally nothing Beane could do to get him here.  Should he be fired for that, should that happen?

Because of Hopkins suspension, his no trade cause is void

The longer this has gone on, the less likely I feel this is to happen.  Things were red hot a couple days ago and there really hasn't been much new since.  Sure, a couple of reporters have picked up on the things that were happening and have made comments, but in terms of new information, there hasn't been anything in quite a while now.

I'm not saying it's all a bunch of crap or that there isn't truth to the story, but I am thinking a few things happen, things got overblown, and it's just taken on a life of its own at this point.  My guess....the Bills have made an offer.  It's a decent one and the Cards haven't said no, but they haven't said yes either.  I think they are looking for more, but do respect the offer on the table.  From there, it's about making the money work.  I am sure the Bills offer includes the Cards retaining some salary which, in a perfect world for them, they wouldn't have to do.  So, while I think we're in on this whole thing, it might be a standing offer at this point and the Cards are going to want to drag it out as long as possible to see if they can get more.  Nothing may change until the week of the draft. 

It's frustrating for us fans because we just don't know what's going on.  We all know how big getting a player like this and slotting him in across from Diggs would be.  Our offense would immediately become much more dangerous.  It's an arms race in the AFC and we're not exactly winning it right now.  But you get a guy like Hopkins and you immediately back among the elite in terms of weapons.  I am actually encouraged that Beane and company seem to recognize this.  But if Hopkins ends up getting traded to someone else for very moderate compensation, especially if it is a team we're going to have to go through, it's not going to be a good look for Beane.  I get not wanting to mortgage the future.  I really do.  But this city just wants one.  Take your swings while you can.  You find a way to get that 1 Super Bowl, I promise you fans aren't going to rebel if we have to tear it down in a few years.  And being competitive year after year is fine and all, but none of us want to be the team that is good enough to be around near the end but never take those big swings once in a while to really go for it. 

I guess we'll see what happens.  I admit I was really excited.......more than I should have been over the last couple days.  But with nothing new coming out recently, my expectations have settled a bit.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The questions do become, why the inaction and is the cause the HC the GM or both...

As with everything there are the early adopters and the other end of the spectrum with 95% in the middle,  some here are junping to getting rid of everyone a bit early and others will jever be on board. The answer is somewhere in the middle. After the playoff game last year, this team does need to demonstrate that they aren't spinning the wheels and that they "get it". Another year of failed expectations heat from the fan base will increase an unfathomable magnitude. I do think most of the ire will be towards McD being not the right guy to get them over the hump and Beane's heat will be for not checking the HC's poor team construction philosophy to win in today's NFL, neither if these 2 individuals seem to be that naive. It's a year too early for this, but you definitely want to see some moves in the right direction. 

The truth is we are 3rd in the afc, we are unable to get past kc or cin in the post season as of now and the jets and even Miami should be competitive in the east. If the best way to get to the playoffs is to win the division, then they need to up the ante, other teams are catching up to us and we still can't get through the playoffs. The Superbowl again showed that a stout defense couldn't get it done against KC, you have to outscore them....

That's where the ire of many fans is...

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So we can assume that DHop wants to come here? But because nothing has happened yet, we automatically assume that Beane has walked away? What if the asking price is too high? What if he overpaid, would he be “lousy” then? 

When it comes down to it, none of us know DHop and none of us are on the calls between Beane and AZ. So we quite literally have no clue what is going on outside of random Twitter accounts  and a few experts saying we are the leader of the pack. 

4 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

When it comes down to it, none of us know DHop and none of us are on the calls between Beane and AZ. So we quite literally have no clue what is going on outside of random Twitter accounts  and a few experts saying we are the leader of the pack. 

Right. Problem around here is certain people feel like they do know these things, and if this deal can’t or won’t happen it’s because Beane’s a loser, or he’s incompetent, or lacks killer instinct, or any other number of baseless insults. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1