Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If the Bills land Hopkins, good luck trying to cover Diggs and Hopkins. If you guys land Hopkins, we are pretty much screwed. This signing has huge importance for this year. 

Trade*

21 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Assume you are the GM. Is the downside so significant that you switch targets and think about Jeudy or do you just stand pat and see what the draft offers?

Jeudy would be preferable IMO. The Bills would have a guy in the pipeline to take over for Diggs. Hopkins is older than Diggs and puts more immediate cap pressure on the team. He’s probably just a one or two year player here. Obviously that’s worth it if we could win it all, but Jeudy is a better long term play IMO. I expect that right now Beane is working multiple WR avenues and that Hopkins and Jeudy are two of them (maybe all of them at this point). If I were the GM I’d be working it that way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Let's put it this way, if this doesn't happen I think the Bills offense is going to look a lot worse than people might want to believe and you will have Diggs double teamed and then pleading to be traded (even though they can't due to cap hit). I'd argue that WR2 is sneaky biggest need on this team

Why? This is such a doomsday perspective.

We've already upgraded our OL.

James Cook  >>>> Devin Singletary

Plus Hines and Harris get mixed in the running game.

Our WR corps still has the same 2 guys at the top in Diggs and Davis.  Harty is probably an upgrade over McKenzie.  Shakir has a year under his belt.  And Sherfield can actually play on offense.

Plus we still have the draft.

And Dorsey has a year's worth of experience as an OC.

Your post makes zero sense.

12 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Let's put it this way, if this doesn't happen I think the Bills offense is going to look a lot worse than people might want to believe and you will have Diggs double teamed and then pleading to be traded (even though they can't due to cap hit). I'd argue that WR2 is sneaky biggest need on this team

They’ll be a top 5 scoring offense with or without Hopkins. They’ll be the #1 offense with Hopkins.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Jeudy would be preferable IMO. The Bills would have a guy in the pipeline to take over for Diggs. Hopkins is older than Diggs and puts more immediate cap pressure on the team. He’s probably just a one or two year player here. Obviously that’s worth it if we could win it all, but Jeudy is a better long term play IMO. I expect that right now Beane is working multiple WR avenues and that Hopkins and Jeudy are two of them (maybe all of them at this point). If I were the GM I’d be working it that way. 

That's reasonable. I think we should have made wr a priority last year. I wanted to trade up for Jameson Williams.

This years crop of draftable wrs appears less compelling than recent ones and I doubt one falls to 27. I think we need someone to step in and be a more dangerous wr2 than Davis, so I hope Beane gives us a better option.

At risk of crusading, I believe Dalton Kincaid is going to be an offensive threat. If he falls to 27, I think he's worth a shot there.