Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

ca GIF

Talbot 

He’s only parroting what Aaron Wilson (and the others) are saying.  He’s not talking about his inside info and ties to the league. He’s giving us info that is already out there and that we’ve seen.  No?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He’s only parroting what Aaron Wilson (and the others) are saying.  He’s not talking about his inside info and ties to the league. He’s giving us info that is already out there and that we’ve seen.  No?

So he's no more an NFL insider than my cat? I asked my cat, he said "Isn't it time for a snack?"

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

stupid to cherry pick one example when theres a million both ways. Julio's injury history was bananas, and the dude sought contact like no other

It was one example. But how many WR’s continue to be elite in their 30’s? 

Just now, HOUSE said:

It appears to many teams are involved, this usually means the winner will over pay.

I predict Beane drops out

Pac Man Jones listed five teams and the Ravens are reportedly out, ditto for the Pats (heavily rumored w/ Jeudy), which leaves the Bills and some teams I highly doubt Hopkins would negotiate $$$ in good faith with. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But Talbot doesn’t usually partake in misleading banter. I doubt he would amplify the rumor if there wasn’t fire. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Pac Man Jones listed five teams and the Ravens are reportedly out, ditto for the Pats (heavily rumored w/ Jeudy), which leaves the Bills and some teams I highly doubt Hopkins would negotiate $$$ in good faith with. 

I’m pretty confident about a Hopkins trade now. Think about it from Hopkins perspective. He is without a doubt excited at the prospect of playing with Josh Allen and Diggs, full knowing he will have one of the best arms throwing to him and plenty of 1 on 1 opportunities with Diggs commanding equal attention. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

If somehow the Bills could acquire Hopkins....I don't think the top 2 draft priorities are OL and DB.....would be MLB big hole there) and WR (still). Bills have signed 2 guards and supposedly re signed Quessenberry.

I posted that in January. But I still think the top need would be OL. We have a bunch of guys on short term deals, a great center who is about to retire soon, one tackle who hovers between amazing potential and probably doesn’t belong on an NFL roster and another tackle who we all love but is getting older and more expensive every year. 

I agree on DB not being a pressing need anymore but probably more of a day 2 or 3 situation now that Poyer and Jackson are back short term

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

But Talbot doesn’t usually partake in misleading banter. I doubt he would amplify the rumor if there wasn’t fire. 

I doubt he’s heard anything except what he’s read online.  If he’s heard something, he’d talk about it. 

He’s an excited Bills fan.  f5 f5 f5, just like you

• Agree 1

Having Diggs and Hopkins on the same team has me so pumped, that I’m already fantasizing offensive domination. Hopkins has never played besides an elite WR, he is so used to being doubled. I bet he is salivating at the chance to get a lot of 1 on 1 matchups with Allen being his QB just icing. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I doubt he’s heard anything except what he’s read online.  If he’s heard something, he’d talk about it. 

He might be a Bills fan like me, but the guys is definitely more connected being a scout. I’m sure he has way more information that I’m privy to, but anyways lets all just soak in the moment. If this happens, Diggs and Hopkins is going to be the best show in the NFL. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Having Diggs and Hopkins on the same team has me so pumped, that I’m already fantasizing offensive domination. Hopkins has never played besides an elite WR, he is so used to being doubled. I bet he is salivating at the chance to get a lot of 1 on 1 matchups with Allen being his QB just icing. 

I hope you are not disappointed 

19 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Come on already!  I need a good reason to start drinking!!!!!  Not that I'm not going to drink anyways 

I want to celebrate and drink… but in the meantime the anxiety is causing me to drink.  And if we get DHop, definitely gonna drink out of pure joy.  If we don’t get him, I’m gonna drink out of anger. So yeah, I’m drinking now, and will also be drinking later.  

I don’t have a problem. You have a problem. 

• Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Exactly. He does not break stories. He posts his little draft profiles, writes up little trade reaction blogs, and retweets up a storm. Damont commenting on someone else’s reporting adds nothing to the credibility of the rumors.

who broke the Hopkins trade to Arizona? I think it was Rapoport. I’ll wait for him.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He might be a Bills fan like me, but the guys is definitely more connected being a scout. I’m sure he has way more information that I’m privy to, but anyways lets all just soak in the moment. If this happens, Diggs and Hopkins is going to be the best show in the NFL. 

Also can’t underestimate having Gabe Davis as a #3. He should eat that up!

This better happen…

I think my top preference is still Jeudy.

DHop has the better body of work, obviously. But is much older and more expensive. Where Jeudy isnt even entering his prime yet. We'll be lucky to get 2 full years out of Hopkins, but Jeudy could be here for 4-6 more (with an extension).

I think in order of preference:

1. Jeudy

2. Hopkins

3. OBJ

• Agree 3