Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

He's already said he isn't expecting 20. And if Mecole Hardman only got 6.5, he's eventually going to have to settle for a lot less than he wants or simply not play. He's not getting a high price.

I don’t think he’s getting close to Hardman. Not at all. 
Was ball parking the $4.25m he got on the one year deal from LA. He will want more than Berrios’ $3.5m/1yr. Without hesitation. That to me is rather high. He’s relatively fresh off his knee injury and really just looked malcontent the majority of his last 2 years of football prior to his LA move… one where he was playing with his boys in Landry & Baker. 

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think my top preference is still Jeudy.

DHop has the better body of work, obviously. But is much older and more expensive. Where Jeudy isnt even entering his prime yet. We'll be lucky to get 2 full years out of Hopkins, but Jeudy could be here for 4-6 more (with an extension).

I think in order of preference:

1. Jeudy

2. Hopkins

3. OBJ

1. Jeudy - who I would trade a 2nd rounder

2. 1st round wr

3. 2nd round wr

Hopkins $$$ is a big no for me, and would be surprised if Beane is doing anything but due diligence

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

1. Jeudy - who I would trade a 2nd rounder

2. 1st round wr

3. 2nd round wr

Hopkins $$$ is a big no for me, and would be surprised if Beane is doing anything but due diligence

I think the Cardinals are willing to eat half his salary to get this done. That makes it easier and lowers the cap hit

11 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

This does remind me of...it had to be 10 or so years ago when the Bills were in on some wr from maybe the eagles. Everyone was going nuts and I don't recall that the dude was even that great. Do you (or anyone) recall who I may be referring to?  

his name.....was Zach Ertz

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, beebe said:

Beane can't let Hopkins go to the Chiefs. It's as simple as that. Even if it's an overpay, even if borrowing against the future, you can't let him get to KC.

That’s about where I’m at too. You can’t let him get to kc

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There was a lot of hype and speculation leading up to the signing. Maybe not as much as Hopkins, but enough to breakout the F5 talk and excitement. 

Not really … like I said .. a few hours ..

What are we up to on the this.. Day 4?

that’s a lot of hype for a few second clip of Buffalo Soldier and an “unnamed sources” story from Daniel Jeremiah that everyone else picked up on ..

Edited by Aussie Joe

25 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

This does remind me of...it had to be 10 or so years ago when the Bills were in on some wr from maybe the eagles. Everyone was going nuts and I don't recall that the dude was even that great. Do you (or anyone) recall who I may be referring to?  

Maclin 

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There was a lot of hype and speculation leading up to the signing. Maybe not as much as Hopkins, but enough to breakout the F5 talk and excitement. 

Not really

16 minutes ago, beebe said:

Beane can't let Hopkins go to the Chiefs. It's as simple as that. Even if it's an overpay, even if borrowing against the future, you can't let him get to KC.

Agree… but also can you imagine the numbers that Allen and this offense can put up with Diggs, Hopkins, Davis, Knox, Cook, Harris, and a better O-line than last season?!?!  

Would be our best offense since… ever. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1