Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Wouldn’t you just be able to have his deal restructured with Arizona before the trade? Or is there a reason that can’t happen?

AZ is paying the bonus money and not us

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not if they get Arizona to keep some of the money. Obviously that would increase the cost to the Bills.

Correct and that is where KC can get back in. There is no way KC can take the full contract, we barely can if we do the Tre and Dawkins restructures and then it is an immediate restructure and boom cap space is all back...

It comes down to do they want the higher pick or to not pay any money...

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not if they get Arizona to keep some of the money. Obviously that would increase the cost to the Bills.

It doesn't seem like Arizona wants to pay anything more than they have to, which is one of the hold ups. This trade is a salary dump to them. It's the only reason they want to do it.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

well then, we can still restructure Tre, Dion and Morse if I remember?  Could also extend DaQuan or Taron.  (Instead of trading Ed)

trading Ed makes it sooo much easier...

Also, there is no real urgency right now for this trade to happen right this second....which sucks

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

well then, we can still restructure Tre, Dion and Morse if I remember?  Could also extend DaQuan or Taron.  (Instead of trading Ed)

I think they're hesitant to restructure Tre. We could get out from under his contract after this season if he were to not return to form or regress and they may want to leave that option open.

But I'd agree to extending DaQuan and/or Ed to make things easier this year.

dhop has 2 years left on his deal but NONE of it is guaranteed. all his guaranteed money has been paid. his salary in 2023 is $19.45 and $14.915 in 2024.

Arizona is on the hook for a 2023 cap hit of $30.7 mil. if they cut him now his dead money is $22.6 for a savings of $8.1 or they could designate post june 1 and push some into 2024. if they keep him in 2023 his cap hit for 2024 is $26.2 with $11.3 in dead money.

dhop "had" a no trade clause. it was terminated with his PED suspension.

if traded, the new team is on the hook for $19.45 in 2023 and $14.915 in 2024 none of it guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

trading Ed makes it sooo much easier...

Also, there is no real urgency right now for this trade to happen right this second....which sucks

maybe so….but all it takes is a brief conversation between Beane and whoever else in our front office is involved to spark urgency and work a deal once they determine a path forward

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Dion restructure and Daquan extension saves almost 11 million. Dont restructure Morse, you want to restructure younger guys. Tre would be last resort for me. Hopefully the plan is sign Campbell on the cheap, and trade Oliver for a pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

maybe so….but all it takes is a brief conversation between Beane and whoever else in our front office is involved to spark urgency and work a deal once they determine a path forward

this is a good point he just talked about, but explained a bit better than the tweets out there. You have 2 teams, one who is willing ot make splashy moves and pain bonuses and looks for every avenue to improve their team and then you have a team with a first time GM having to trade their best offensive weapon, wants a good return to look string for a team that is rebuilding with a known CHEAP owner....

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

this is a good point he just talked about, but explained a bit better than the tweets out there. You have 2 teams, one who is willing ot make splashy moves and pain bonuses and looks for every avenue to improve their team and then you have a team with a first time GM having to trade their best offensive weapon, wants a good return to look string for a team that is rebuilding with a known CHEAP owner....

good thing the new GM has Beane to walk him through the proper process😆

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m sorry DHOP catches this  

What sucks even more is that Allen severely under threw the ball. Davis had multiple steps on Gardner until the ball was already coming down. If that ball is in front of Gabe not only is it likely a catch, it’s a TD. 

Josh really regressed in that this year imo. His rookie year he was under throwing guys. The last few years he got it under control until this year. He did it way too much for my liking. Maybe it was the arm injury, or maybe he took a step back, maybe it was Daboll was gone. Idk. But it was definitely a thing this year. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, mrags said:

What sucks even more is that Allen severely under threw the ball. Davis had multiple steps on Gardner until the ball was already coming down. If that ball is in front of Gabe not only is it likely a catch, it’s a TD. 

Josh really regressed in that this year imo. His rookie year he was under throwing guys. The last few years he got it under control until this year. He did it way too much for my liking. Maybe it was the arm injury, or maybe he took a step back, maybe it was Daboll was gone. Idk. But it was definitely a thing this year. 

underthrew? Man that was a 70 yard pass with a busted elbow

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

underthrew? Man that was a 70 yard pass with a busted elbow

Compared to where Davis was, it was underthrown. Davis had to slow down and let the ball come to him. If it’s in front of him it’s likely a catch and a TD. 

im not saying it wasn’t a deep throw. Of course it was. But it wasn’t where it needed to be. It was about 5 yards short 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Compared to where Davis was, it was underthrown. Davis had to slow down and let the ball come to him. If it’s in front of him it’s likely a catch and a TD. 

im not saying it wasn’t a deep throw. Of course it was. But it wasn’t where it needed to be. It was about 5 yards short 

The Office No GIF

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Maybe it was the arm injury?

Come on man

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

If only Allen threw it 90 yards instead of 70

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

Josh's UCL had a partial tear before that throw...

5 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

The Office No GIF

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Maybe it was the arm injury?

Come on man

4 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

1 minute ago, eme123 said:

If only Allen threw it 90 yards instead of 70

You can all say what you want. But Davis had to slow down and lost his separation on the route because the ball was not where it should have been. Yes, Josh is Superman. But that doesn’t mean he’s always perfect. It wasn’t perfect. The ball was underthrown. The fact that some of you want to use the arm injury as an excuse is proof that it was. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Apparently Josh is expected to have unlimited range. 

Never said that. You can keep putting words in my mouth though. 

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Josh's UCL had a partial tear before that throw...

And don’t deny that. That wasn’t the question. The comment originally was that DHop would have came down with it. I simply stated that if the throw was where it was supposed to be, it likely would have been a TD. Davis had multiple steps on Gardner. 

also, I’d the partial UCL tear was a worry, then maybe he should have taken a safer thrown underneath considering they only needed 21 yards on that play. Not 70. And he just had the arm injury happen a few plays before that apparently, so the excuse that throwing deeper was easier on his arm isn’t acceptable 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

You can all say what you want. But Davis had to slow down and lost his separation on the route because the ball was not where it should have been. Yes, Josh is Superman. But that doesn’t mean he’s always perfect. It wasn’t perfect. The ball was underthrown. The fact that some of you want to use the arm injury as an excuse is proof that it was. 

He threw the ball from almost his own 10 to the Jets 20 on the run. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

It’s the Standard now. Can’t be running left, throwing left under pressure by the way and under throwing Gabe 70 yards downfield..

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

And rolling to his left.

Maybe he shouldn’t have attempted the throw then if he couldn’t get it there. 

Just now, BillsFan2313 said:

He threw the ball from almost his own 10 to the Jets 20 on the run. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. 

Actually I’m not 

• Eyeroll 4

My god, anyone can see that Davis blew that play. He could have easily slowed up to make a catch at helmet level and been completely ran over, which would be an easy PI call. Instead, he hand checks him for several yards, which basically negates any PI and turns it into “hand fighting”. Then he doesn’t get his body under the ball or even get a hand on it when he could have easily had both hands on the ball. It was a terrible play on his part on a 70 yard throw from JA. This is who he is. Pretty good, but not good enough to make that catch and never will be. 

Edited by Zag20
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1