Don't look now, but Bills rounding into playoff shape.

ChicagoRic

The Allen/Diggs connection is back.  Elbow looks good

Dawson Knox has come on strong over the last several games.

Singletary and Cook have established a non-Josh running game.

The pass rush is generating pressure without Miller.

Milano and Emunds are playing lights out.

Hamlin is gonna be ok!!!  And the secondary is too.  Benford off IR and White with and INT.

Special teams? Hines just struck fear into the hearts of the opposition moving forward. 

Bring on Miami! 

Edited by ChicagoRic
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’d love to believe that but I don’t think so. Last year the bills crushed the pats in The final game. 
the bills this year are an enigma to me. They struggle on D with every team. The O looks pedestrian at times and then explodes. The games seem so close and yet the final score is 2 score wins. Hard to put my finger on it. The Bills last season had an overrated D but a super explosive O

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I just hope they're saving their best for the playoffs. Josh had a good game, but they still need to be better. I'll cut them alot of slack this week seeing everything that happened this week, but now it's go time. Can't have Davis dropping easy catches and singeltary fumbling and special teams touching the ball and giving the ball back to the opponent. Also, the secondary needs to tighten up 

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

It's the defense for me.  Can they stop the 3rd & 8, 10, 15.  Get off the field.  The red zone d is pretty solid but damn.  

Pats converted 2 forth downs today. 

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The one thing that is bothering me is I don’t know exactly what’s going to happen whenever we get into the red zone. We absolutely cannot turn the ball over there. It’s going to be the difference between winning and losing in these playoff games.

This. Last year they were money in the red zone. Even if the D was less than stellar the O could be counted on to score TDs on the red zone. This year when Josh drops back I hold my breath 

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I just hope they're saving their best for the playoffs. Josh had a good game, but they still need to be better. I'll cut them alot of slack this week seeing everything that happened this week, but now it's go time. Can't have Davis dropping easy catches and singeltary fumbling and special teams touching the ball and giving the ball back to the opponent. Also, the secondary needs to tighten up 

Agree- Davis is just not on point and it's getting old- he doesn't watch his feet and uses his body to much to catch the ball- I'm not sure he should be on the field as much-

The secondary hopefully gets better with Benford back but that's a lot to hope for a rookie just getting back- I'm hoping we get back to Early season form- on offense somehow and it almost won't matter 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Pats converted 2 forth downs today. 

This. Last year they were money in the red zone. Even if the D was less than stellar the O could be counted on to score TDs on the red zone. This year when Josh drops back I hold my breath 

We need to stop doing that and run the ball in the red zone

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Honestly, if we made a real concerted effort to get Cook 20 touches a game, I think our offense would be extremely balanced and effective. 

I know you all see it. He’s ripping off decent runs seemingly every play. And it looks like on the occasional play he is about to rip off a huge run. You can’t keep that on the sideline. We need him way more involved even if it’s to Motor’s expense

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4

12 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I’d love to believe that but I don’t think so. Last year the bills crushed the pats in The final game. 
the bills this year are an enigma to me. They struggle on D with every team. The O looks pedestrian at times and then explodes. The games seem so close and yet the final score is 2 score wins. Hard to put my finger on it. The Bills last season had an overrated D but a super explosive O

Think you are simply misremembering. I suggest you go look back at the games. The offense was much better and more consistent this year in general 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Actually, they beat the Jets in the final game.  In the penultimate game they beat Atlanta.  Two bad teams and the games were close but the Bills pulled away late to win by 17 and 14...much like you describe them doing this year.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Think you are simply misremembering. I suggest you go look back at the games. The offense was much better and more consistent this year in general 

Last year's offense was a bit more boom and bust. When it was great it was great when it wasn't it was ugly. This has been a bit more a steady as she goes offense. More consistent for sure. Not quite so sure I'd go better. Think last year's O when it was humming I'd give a slight edge. 

Honestly the biggest issue is the turnovers and drops. All year too many of both. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

20 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Hamlin is gonna be ok!!!  And the secondary is too.  Benford off IR and White with and INT.

Special teams? Hines just struck fear into the hearts of the opposition moving forward. 

Bring on Miami! 

And best part is...Josh can still tote the rock when needed. 

21 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Still have faith in team. Just need to do well and finish games consistent all sides for playoffs.

We started to see some of the “Playoff Bills” out there today.  

Those explosives should be more available for us moving forward when teams have to deal with us running Allen anytime. 

Defense, mixed bag .. but when you see Allen tear up during the postgame, it’s clear they were emotionally spent heading into this game.  

Just goes to show how much better they are than NE to beat a team fighting for their life, while being mentally drained. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoRic said:

Bring on Miami! 

When you can beat a solid Divisional opponent by 10+ and still have an "off" game, you know this is a Championship caliber team. They just find a way. And their 3 losses are by 8 points combined..

Pretty incredible 

• Like (+1) 2

I think the way that Bills fans are used to judging the team is no longer effective. 

"So and so needs to be better."

"This position group needs to improve!"

The truth is this team is extremely dynamic and teams game plan differently every game. 

Does the team rise to the occasion? Do they always find a way to win? Can the team handle adversity? 

Check, check, and check. THAT is how you can predict who will show up in the playoffs. 

And we will. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Offense hasn’t looked in sync since the bye. Wish we were a little more creative in scheming guys open. Seems like a lot of the big plays are due to Allen scrambling around and buying time for guys to get open.

This is the bigger worry to me, more than the secondary, the pass rush, the receivers (other than Diggs), etc. The offense just seems to lack creativity. Is this because our coordinator is new to this, or maybe just doesn't have a creative offensive mind? If the offense doesn't improve, and it hurts us in the playoffs, I wonder if there wouldn't be pressure to replace our OC.

7 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Offense hasn’t looked in sync since the bye. Wish we were a little more creative in scheming guys open. Seems like a lot of the big plays are due to Allen scrambling around and buying time for guys to get open.

Yes it seems like it's always Allen going off script because he doesn't find anyone in the initial concept.

Its not quite there yet.  Allen still has off passes.  Receivers dropping balls. Allen goes from no turnovers in the redzone to a bunch of them.  Other things that shoot ourselves in the foot.  Fumbles.  Etc.

Our defense has been pretty bad too.  They cant cover anyone and they arent getting a pass rush.  Gotta have at least one of those help the other.  If not for turnovers they wouldnt stop anyone.  Cant rely on just turnovers.  I thought it was going to be good today with the great first drive stop but then it was pretty crap from there.

I will say that I think this has been our best run game since Josh.  They are doing a pretty good job when they actually try to run the football.

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Last year's offense was a bit more boom and bust. When it was great it was great when it wasn't it was ugly. This has been a bit more a steady as she goes offense. More consistent for sure. Not quite so sure I'd go better. Think last year's O when it was humming I'd give a slight edge. 

Honestly the biggest issue is the turnovers and drops. All year too many of both. 

And covering receivers.  Between Hyde being out, Poyer hurt to some degree and White not back to old form, they are hurting there.  Now  add loss of Hamlin on top of that, made the Pats look like Air Coryell.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Hard to interpret today given what’s happened this week.  But Josh has not been as consistent as one would like for weeks now.  We need the good Josh in the playoff games.

Allen was fantastic today. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

What?

The Bills crushed the pats in the third to last game. Then allen threw 3 picks the next week, and they squeaked past Atlanta. Then they had only a 13-10 4th quarter lead against the Jets who went on to pick third overall. 

Then they scored 12 TDs in 16 playoff drives

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.