To get #1 seed, homefield and win the SB, it requires an 11 game winning streak

zow2

2 hours ago, arcane said:

But we are already more than halfway through it. 

As we sit here today, the Bills need a 5 game win streak. 

That's cake

Ha, i hear you... Just beat Cinci, then maybe a Chargers in the Divisional round and then KC/Cinci again...and top it off with knocking off Philly/SF.   Cake walk! 

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

Teams often check back in the week after an HC is fired. Has happened countless times in NFL history.

They quit on their coach. That coach is now gone. Now those players have to worry about having a job next year and putting good things on tape for the next coach or the next team.

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

Given the beatdown the Rams put on the Broncos I think it's safe to say the Broncos have "checked out" on the 2022 season. Even their defense didn't put up a fight. KC is not losing to the Broncos, and they aren't losing to the Carr-less Raiders either. I hope they do. I want to be wrong, but I doubt it. KC will blowout the Broncos this Sunday. Probably something like 38-14.

teams always get a lil juice after bringing in an interim coach, same as a needed qb change does. lets hope they play with their hair on fire. hackett was a huge problemmmmmmmmmmmm. lets hope their issues were more hackett, and we see a spark of old Russ Urkel Wilson

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

teams always get a lil juice after bringing in an interim coach, same as a needed qb change does. lets hope they play with their hair on fire. hackett was a huge problemmmmmmmmmmmm. lets hope their issues were more hackett, and we see a spark of old Russ Urkel Wilson

I hope you are right, but I don't see it. If you go off the media reports, then Wilson is disliked just as much as Hackett. KC knows what's at stake. They also remember Denver almost beat them the last time. I think we are looking at a blowout win for KC.

5 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes 6+5 still equals 11. . One way it wouldn't require an 11 win streak, beat the Bengals and KC loses to the Broncos. Now before you say that can't happen, the Broncos nearly came back from down 27-0 two weeks ago against KC. The defense picked off Mahomes 3 times in the game.

Plus it’s not uncommon for bad teams to play weirdly well the first game after firing their HC

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

Given the beatdown the Rams put on the Broncos I think it's safe to say the Broncos have "checked out" on the 2022 season. Even their defense didn't put up a fight. KC is not losing to the Broncos, and they aren't losing to the Carr-less Raiders either. I hope they do. I want to be wrong, but I doubt it. KC will blowout the Broncos this Sunday. Probably something like 38-14.

Sucks when KC plays teams that are cashing it in while Buffalo is playing teams that have a lot to lose. Yet KC will be held in such higher regard. KCs win over Seattle was called "brilliant" on nfl.com last week (yeah ok sure)

2 hours ago, transient said:

Hmmm... Are you suggesting I should hold off on starting my "how many games in a row can the Bills win" thread?

No, in fact make two of them! It would also be nice if you could be wrong about how many games they have actually won in a row. 

5 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes 6+5 still equals 11. . One way it wouldn't require an 11 win streak, beat the Bengals and KC loses to the Broncos. Now before you say that can't happen, the Broncos nearly came back from down 27-0 two weeks ago against KC. The defense picked off Mahomes 3 times in the game.

Yet somehow Mahomes is a favorite for MVP?  3 INTs in a game for Allen and we cut him post game. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

Are these guys up for that?  Dating back to the Browns game at Detroit, the Bills are on a 6 game heater.  Not saying they can't win 5 more in a row (2 regular season, 3 playoffs)  buts it's going to get a lot harder obviously.  

I think the Bills will win at Cincinnati but in the event they don't win,  I'm not putting a wrap on the season.  Buffalo is an excellent road team.

I think the same way for March madness.  But hey, someone has to do it, so why not us.  

I do know this, talent aside, we know the Chiefs, Bengals, and Bills all have the mindset to do it.  Bills really learned how to win those close games this year.  I think that is going to pay off 

• Like (+1) 1

Hot hand fallacy.

Every game is its own specific event. Streaks are meaningless, all things considered. Please don't read into this.

Surprised it took this long for somebody to mention such a concept. Sure, it takes a bit of luck/probability for everything to shake out that way, but it doesn't mean anything. A streak in the regular season has no bearing on the post season. Teams that will lose in the final week will be in the playoffs, and they require the same new streak as everyone other than the 1 seeds.

That said, obviously I hope the Bills pull this off and believe they are fully capable. Monday night will show us.

Edited by Dick_Cheney
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, zow2 said:

Are these guys up for that?  Dating back to the Browns game at Detroit, the Bills are on a 6 game heater.  Not saying they can't win 5 more in a row (2 regular season, 3 playoffs)  buts it's going to get a lot harder obviously.  

I think the Bills will win at Cincinnati but in the event they don't win,  I'm not putting a wrap on the season.  Buffalo is an excellent road team.

Nothing that happened yesterday matters today is what I would say.  "Streaks" are irrelevant, its a one game playoff every week come post season.  Doesn't matter if you won 10 in a row or 1 in a row entering the playoffs, regular season is over and is irrelevant.  Its not more difficult to win the SB coming off a win streak in the regular season...its still win or go home regardless.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nothing that happened yesterday matters today is what I would say.  "Streaks" are irrelevant, its a one game playoff every week come post season.  Doesn't matter if you won 10 in a row or 1 in a row entering the playoffs, regular season is over and is irrelevant.  Its not more difficult to win the SB coming off a win streak in the regular season...its still win or go home regardless.  

This is correct and really all that needs to be said.

No such thing as a streak as each game is its own as someone else stated.  To win Monday night, I’ll say something similar to the Fish and Bears games.  

A heavy dose and balance of Cook and Motor, increased throws to Knox, Diggs, well Diggs, and with any luck Gabe gets open as JA17 is spreading it all over the yard.  The D Line comes to play, Milano is well, Milano, and each week like the bionic man Tre gets more and more back to Tre.  Lots of rest for Poyer each week.  The dudes been in the same defense for 6 years.Here is the latest video on Tre.

Von is on the table now.  We can rebuild him.  Bigger, faster, stronger.

Cmon you guys didn’t play the six million dollar man as kids watching the reruns.

15 hours ago, zow2 said:

I'm not sure why anyone would put a wrap on the season if we don't win? We have something that no other team has and that's Josh Allen. 

Below is the season ending win streak of every Super Bowl Champion since 2010.

The Rams last year only won their 4 playoff games in a row, but did win 9 out of their last 10.

The Bucs in 2020 won their last 8 games.

The Chiefs in 2019 won their last 9 games.

The Pats in 2018 won their last 5 games.

The Eagles in 2017 only won their 3 playoff games in a row, but it appears they sat their starters in week 17. They did win 15 of their last 17 games(Playoffs included).

The Pats in 2016 won their last 10 games.

The Broncos on 2015 won their last 5 games, but Osweiler started their final 8 games due to Peyton's neck injury. They were 7-1 before Peyton went down.

The Pats in 2014(These freaking guys again lol) only won their 3 playoff games on a row. They sat their starters week 17 and lost to us 17-9(Yay!!)They did win 13 of their last 15(Playoffs included).

The Seahawks in 2013 won their last 4 games in a row and 12 of their last 14(Playoffs included)

The Ravens in 2012 won their 4 playoff games. They lost 4 of their last 5, so I'm not counting that they sat their starters in week 17.

The Giants in 2011 won their last 6 games.

The Packers in 2010 won their last 6 games. 

On average the last 12 champions ended their season on a 5.58 win streak. The longest streak was 10 games, the shortest was the minimum of 3 games. This, of course, counts the 2 or 3 teams that sat their starters the last week of the season and lost. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Below is the season ending win streak of every Super Bowl Champion since 2010.

The Rams last year only won their 4 playoff games in a row, but did win 9 out of their last 10.

The Bucs in 2020 won their last 8 games.

The Chiefs in 2019 won their last 9 games.

The Pats in 2018 won their last 5 games.

The Eagles in 2017 only won their 3 playoff games in a row, but it appears they sat their starters in week 17. They did win 15 of their last 17 games(Playoffs included).

The Pats in 2016 won their last 10 games.

The Broncos on 2015 won their last 5 games, but Osweiler started their final 8 games due to Peyton's neck injury. They were 7-1 before Peyton went down.

The Pats in 2014(These freaking guys again lol) only won their 3 playoff games on a row. They sat their starters week 17 and lost to us 17-9(Yay!!)They did win 13 of their last 15(Playoffs included).

The Seahawks in 2013 won their last 4 games in a row and 12 of their last 14(Playoffs included)

The Ravens in 2012 won their 4 playoff games. They lost 4 of their last 5, so I'm not counting that they sat their starters in week 17.

The Giants in 2011 won their last 6 games.

The Packers in 2010 won their last 6 games. 

On average the last 12 champions ended their season on a 5.58 win streak. The longest streak was 10 games, the shortest was the minimum of 3 games. This, of course, counts the 2 or 3 teams that sat their starters the last week of the season and lost. 

Nice

It's just not normal because, like you said, great teams are usually sitting starters in the final week or are not playing for anything/have less motivation. This year seems abnormally competitive in the AFC.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.