NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I thought Carter played in the first game.

You're correct, I don't know what I was thinking. He's presumably talking about Zonovan Knight who Jets fans have identified as a possible star in the making.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

You're correct, I don't know what I was thinking. He's presumably talking about Zonovan Knight who Jets fans have identified as a possible star in thr making.

Talking to two of my jets friends, Knight might as well be the second coming of Curtis Martin and just as good as Breece Hall

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You state feelings I have about many "news" programs these days.  I tune in and they're talking about Tom Brady's divorce or something instead of pressing world issues.

Here's the thing though: it must be remembered that like news programs today, all of these reporters are there to draw readership and listeners and clicks.

Just because you and I could not care less about McDermott's dog eating his donut and would like instead to know medical specifics of Jordan Phillips shoulder injury, the reporters and their editors/managers may have data showing that the majority of readers not only care about the dog and the donut, they want to know the breed of the dog, the flavor of the donut, and if the donut was chocolate did McD call the vet?

Same thing with Tom Brady's divorce.  If the watchers care about Tom Brady's divorce more than the state of the power grid in Ukraine, that's what we'll get.

Medical information is private.  If Dawkins chooses to disclose he's got a high ankle sprain, that's his biz.  But McDermott really shouldn't disclose Dion's medical information further than NFL injury reporting rules require, where "ankle" suffices.

As far as disclosing tactical info about the team, McDermott isn't there for that or to provide you with insight.  He's just "there so he doesn't get fined" so to speak.

Not sure why I should care about the Ukrainian power grid more than Brady’s divorce, Brady can move to the Ukraine and get divorced in the dark and I still don’t care.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Since we last played the Jets, we are 3-1 they are 1-2.

We have completed 64% of our passes they have completed 57%

We have rushed for 5.1 yards per carry, they are at 4.3 ypc

We have converted 51% of our third downs, they have converted 31%

Two of these games are against common opponents, Minny  and New England

This game is in Buffalo

We have Poyer, Tre, and Spencer Brown for this game, but lose Miller

Their one win is against the 3-10 Bears.

We have beaten the 5-7 Browns, 6-6 Pats, and 5-7 Lions [their only loss in the last 5 games]

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, balln said:

He was drafted in 3rd round and “made” a Super Bowl roster team. He should look like he belongs as a backup

he looked lost/ doesn’t belong in nfl  in 4th q of preseason games 

everyone had him as a major reach in 3rd

Exactly what does a back up look like like they’re not ready to play because that’s what he looks like and if you put him out on waivers, he would gets walked up by another team the same day

quit crying

53 minutes ago, eball said:

What are you talking about? They have regularly beaten the snot out of teams. 

Each time we get in the #1 seed position or close to it, we fail.  I am not talking about crushing a ***** Steelers team in week 3. I am talking beat a good team you should best when something meaningful is on the line and you are in first place. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Each time we get in the #1 seed position or close to it, we fail.  I am not talking about crushing a ***** Steelers team in week 3. I am talking beat a good team you should best when something meaningful is on the line and you are in first place. 

Why do we have to characterize wins, again? Beating the Steelers 38-7 shows up the same as beating Detroit on a last second field goal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Finding a way to get pressure on White (without Von) and keeping Allen clean are two huge keys to the Bills winning this game. It’ll be interesting to see how the coaches address those two facets. 

Agree, these 2 questions are probably going to be the key to every game left this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills should be able to get pressure on teams, even without Von, as the back seven gets healthy. 

Doesn’t matter who’s rushing the passer when the QB has quick slants with defensive backs playing ten yards off and jump balls down field available to them every snap. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Did you see the play he was injured on? Perhaps the most ungraceful shoulder injury ever. Then again, it’s hard to be graceful when that much mass is moving as fast as it can. 

Phillips has now pulled a hammy running meaninglessly running down the sidelines with Milano in week 2 and now hurt himself pointlessly belly flopping at Jones last week….

It reminds me of the uncoordinated overly dramatic fat kid that always seemed to be on every playground when I was 10 or 11 and always seemed to hurt themselves falling some awkward ass way during whatever game was being played. Flush red cheeks and crying as they limped away(even if they didn’t hurt a lower extremity). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just more Miami 2022 luck

Hope it goes as Purdy as last week 

I agree that Miami seems to be having good injury luck with their opponents lately.

However, it's important to remember that they lost their own starting QB for three games, all of which were losses. Hard to get to mad at the injury "luck" of a team for whom three of their four losses came when their starting QB was sidelined.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree that Miami seems to be having good injury luck with their opponents lately.

However, it's important to remember that they lost their own starting QB for three games, all of which were losses. Hard to get to mad at the injury "luck" of a team for whom three of their four losses came when their starting QB was sidelined.

The problem is the b.s. that was pulled to keep him in the Bills game.  

That and the Ravens epically choking the week before.  

And the Steelers not knowing how to score in a game their defenses shut Miami down.  

And the subsequent trash teams Miami has beaten.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Unforgettable Game!

Didn't go down on the field that game but got hands on the goalpost from the tunnel end. After they tore it down, people passed it up in the stands  and it came up ours (goal line on that side) before being tossed into the parking lot. Remember my mom screaming at the top of her lungs as we all passed it up. She also got to witness the greatest comeback in person too. 

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 12/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, chongli said:

Thanks for the compliment! Yeah, I love 80's memories. Chong Li was a total bad ass (me, not so much).

As for Jimmy, I agree with your statement. He might be trollish, but he's a nice troll, haha. He's always a fun read.

EDIT: There's also a Jimmy Spagnola registered on the Jets message board, but no posts.

Ok I'm a little confused....Chong Li was the guy Van Damme beat in Bloodsport?

Well what's the female character in the video game Street Fighter?  Wasn't her name Chong Li too?  

Loved em both by the way....

Another note, wasn't Van Damme's American friend in that movie Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds?

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:24 AM, Gunsgoodtime said:

He looked the part against the Bills last time.  Not sure what you are getting at

Don't get me wrong, Sauce has played well, but can we all agree Gabe had him burnt on that last attempt by Josh, and that it wasn't great coverage, but more just a drop by Gabe?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Well what's the female character in the video game Street Fighter?  Wasn't her name Chong Li too?  

Another note, wasn't Van Damme's American friend in that movie Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds?

Chun Li was the street fighter character.

Not chong or chung.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Don't get me wrong, Sauce has played well, but can we all agree Gabe had him burnt on that last attempt by Josh, and that it wasn't great coverage, but more just a drop by Gabe?

No, sorry, can't agree on that.  It was a catch Davis could have made, but Gardner was fighting with him, Gabe was holding him off, and Gardner had a hold of Davis R arm before the ball got there.  Davis got his hand free and could have made the catch, but it woulda been a tough contested catch.

IOW it's a ball a top-tier clutch WR makes for his QB and his team, but it's no way "just a drop"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, julian said:

Not sure why I should care about the Ukrainian power grid more than Brady’s divorce, Brady can move to the Ukraine and get divorced in the dark and I still don’t care.

Thank you for being Exhibit A illustrating my point: to a large extent, media today cover what people are interested in and avoid covering what people aren't interested in, even if one can make a case that what people aren't interested in is actually significant and they ought to at least know about/understand why it might matter....

....original context being @Straight Hucklebuck's plaint that the media asks McDermott a lot of Q that are folksy and not football relevant, instead of hitting hard on things that matter to the team's success like specifics of injuries and the timeline of player return

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/8/2022 at 11:47 AM, billsfanmiamioh said:

I was there. Absolutely brutal. Probably worst weather game I’ve ever been to. I was not properly dressed for the wetness and it was miserable. 

The worst weather game I've ever been to was the 2008 Bills/vs Browns Monday night game.   It was my first Monday night game ever, my wife(then girlfriend) and I flew up to Buffalo so she could meet my family for the first time.  I bought 45 yard line seats, 20 rows from the field.  My wife is from New Orleans, so she was having no parts of the game, so I took my younger cousin. We were hyper than I'd ever been.  

Prior to going to the game I stopped at Burlington and bought long John shirt and pants.  I had a nice thick jacket, gloves, boots.  On the way up to the stadium I bought several of those hand/feet warmers you put in your gloves and shoes.  We arrived at the pregame festivities around 5:30pm.  It was around 36 degrees.  I was good.  But by the time we got to our seats, I was already feeling it.   I had already cracked three or four sets of the hand warmers, had em in my gloves and boots. throughout the game I literally could not enjoy the game.  It didn't help it was snoozefest, AND we lost on a missed Ryan Lindell FG....but I remember points of that game thinking to myself, "**** it's cold out here!". And, that was the last Bills game I've ever been to past October.

I ask you my fellow Bills fans, am I a wuss?  Or maybe just old?  Or been gone from Buffalo too long?  I HAVE been living in Atlanta/New Orleans since I graduated from college in 01....

On 12/8/2022 at 12:54 PM, Johnnycage46 said:

Milano would be a huge loss.  It's very noticeable when he is not on the field.  Hoping he can be limited at least tomorrow and maybe still play.  We're really getting down to the wire here and we need all hands on deck for the late season push.

We were without Milano that first Jets game right?

35 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

jean claude van damme GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

IMO, the Bills should go at Sauce. Not just throwing at him, but running the ball in his direction. Make Sauce make some tackles. I also hope that Josh looks to have some sustained drives during the game. Don't look for the home run shots all the time. 

I like what you're saying here.  And let's just point out, last week, Josh was very patient in taking exactly whatever New England gave him.  He has proven that he is willing to do this on more than a few occasions, going back to last year iMO.   Belichick is a master at taking whole dimensions away from teams, and Josh has taken full advantage.  

With the weather supposed to be the way it is Sunday, I fully expect Josh to again exhibit that patience, and even play dink and dunk football if the game calls for it.  I also believe the opportunities will still be there to take the big shot too.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.