The Jets Are Going to Copy the Packers' Game Plan, Right?

st pete gogolak

Just now, Bills2022 said:

We lost to the Dolphins, not some great team.  

We are the # 1 seed in the AFC and beat the Chiefs , Titans , Ravens I think it’s a little more impressive then what the Eagles have on their resume , 

But hey please continue your nonsense !!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Is anyone really going to be shocked if the Chiefs come into Orchard Park and run the ball down the Bills throat in the AFC Championship game?  When the big $ is on the line in the playoffs the Andy Reid vs Sean McDermott matchup is not one in the Bills favor. 

Yes, I would be shocked.

2 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

You can stack the box against the Jets. It will be hard for Wilson to beat them. Plus they don't have Hall anymore 

That's the thing--the Jets don't have Aaron Rodgers as a QB and that makes a difference.

2 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

I haven't watched the Jets much this year but I did watch yesterday's game against the Pats.  No way do they put the game in Wilson's hands.  I think he will be on a very tight leash.  I know that Hall and their best O Lineman are out but I can certainly see them running all sorts of heavy, two tight end sets, try to grind the clock, rely on their defense to keep it close, etc.  My question is whether we stay 4-2-5 if they go heavy.  After our game yesterday, I assume the answer is yes.  Not sure it's a great answer.  

I feel Mike Catalana has a pertinent description of that game plan here:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Point differential is nonsense.  Are the Eagles better than the Bills because they have the #1 record in the NFL? The category that actually matters.  

Only matters in the NFC. They can go 17-0 and I won't give a 💩. Doesn't effect the AFC one bit.

34 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

The Chiefs own the Bills in the playoffs, until they don't.  That is the reality of the situation. 

They Chiefs won last season on a coaching blunder and bad scheming. That constitutes "ownage"? Bills have won the last 2 out of 3 in Arrowhead.

29 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Is anyone really going to be shocked if the Chiefs come into Orchard Park and run the ball down the Bills throat in the AFC Championship game?  When the big $ is on the line in the playoffs the Andy Reid vs Sean McDermott matchup is not one in the Bills favor. 

Maybe not shocked, but surprised for sure. Has Mahomes played an AFCCG outside of Arrowhead? No! Allen has proven he can win in KC. We'll see if Mahomes can win outside of KC in Orchard Park in front of Bills Mafia. 

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Not worried about the Jets copying it, but am worried about the Vikings, Ravens, and even the Chiefs running the ball down our throats.  It makes sense. You wear down our defense and you keep our offense off the field.  That is how you beat a team like the Bills. 

Tenn tried that with one of the best RB's in the league and it didn't work.  It was an off night for the Bills D.  We will see if Edmunds just had a bad game or if he regresses back to his two years of bad football.  

Jets have Garrett Wilson who is better than any WR the Packers had last night.  Jets should try to stay balanced.  Just don't see them able to sustain drives running the ball like the Packers did last night.  

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I would like Aaron Jones.  Straight up for Moss!

Throw in a 5th.  That appears to be the going rate for a Moss trade.

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

Point differential is nonsense.  Are the Eagles better than the Bills because they have the #1 record in the NFL? The category that actually matters.  

That category matters in their conference and that's about it. 

PF/PA matters throughout the league when you are playing outside your conference. 

Frazier basically said he expected them to pass more and appeared happily giving up yards for minutes draining from the clock.  Hopefully all of the opponents are as dumb as the Packers 

2 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

I don’t think Green Bay’s game plan had nothing to do with anything last night the bottom line is we took our foot off the gas in the second half… that’s the way I see it anyways 

I need this translated

• Like (+1) 1

We will not replay our “we are bored at halftime approach” with the Jets. Once up 24-7 we will pour it on. This week will be a big boy win. This is not the time for the Jets to want to play us. Their QB is worst on the league under pressure. 

I think it is a fallacy to think that when one team causes another team to have some struggles that another team with different personnel will be able to do the same thing.  Specifically, while Sauce Gardner is very talented, he is a rookie, and the other Jets starting CB, DJ Reed is nothing special.  He's short and has average speed.  If Gardner takes Diggs, Gabe Davis presents much more of a matchup problem for the Jets than Eric Stokes had as a former first round pick with both length and elite speed.  The Jets defense is good.  Mosely is strong as a LB and Quinnan Williamsis a force at DT, but I think it's going to be tougher for the Jets to try and hamper Josh Allen's passing.  

When the Jets are on offense, they have lost Breece Hall, who was the only running back who could present a legitimate threat to the Bills on the ground.  They have no receiver averaging more than 60 yards per game.  Zach Wilson still shows a lot of the issues that rookies will struggle with.  When he feels pressure, his mechanics break down and he makes bad choices.  The New England game was a prime example.  Buffalo has shown they can get pressure this season rushing only four.  Frazier can dial up all kinds of looks to confuse young Zach Wilson.  I'm less concerned about this game than I was the Green Bay game.  Zach Wilson is no Aaron Rodgers.

50 minutes ago, Locomark said:

We will not replay our “we are bored at halftime approach” with the Jets. Once up 24-7 we will pour it on. This week will be a big boy win. This is not the time for the Jets to want to play us. Their QB is worst on the league under pressure. 

Well the -13 is reflecting that theory. 

10 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

The Bills Offense is a little overrated.  The Bills have only scored 27, 24, 23, and 19 points in 4 of last 5 games. Nothing to get excited about.  

3rd in the league over the last 3 games. 1.6 ppg from 1st in the league.  You act as if other teams score 30-40 every game.  They dont.  Stop cherry picking.

9 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

That is not a lot of points for this offense and none of those 4 teams are even in the top 15 scoring defenses in the NFL.  Packers #16. Ravens #20. Dolphins#22. Chiefs #23. That is where they rank in scoring defenses

I cherry picked too.  Last 4 of 5 games the Chiefs averaged 27 ppg. A little more than a field goal per game more than the Bills. Wooptie doo.

The Bills have 105 point differential.  As much as people say Allen carries this team thats not true.  Our defense has been the best in the league.  There is more to the Bills than just offense. If we only score 24 points it isnt a big deal because they other team is scoring 20 or less.

9 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

I can see why you had to make a new account here.  Who were you before?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.