Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

38 minutes ago, Airseven said:

49ers are a good team with a good defense. McCaffrey will incorporate into their offense in the coming weeks and Shanahan will maximize him. Today, they just ran into arguably the best team in football. 49ers will win their division.

Only when you’re arguing.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Lol sure. And the excuses for losing to the Falcons? The Bears? 

Such consistently horrible takes.

Injuries vs the falcons-  did you happen to notice who missed the game?  Their D was a practice squad.

the loss Vs the bears was on a bad Trey Lance playing in a monsoon.  

their OL sucks pass blocking even with Trent William, regardless of how few times Jimmy has been sacked 

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have CMC on my fantasy team. He was averaging 20 fantasy points each week. So what happens in his first SF game? 5 points. You trade for a guy but then don't use him. :doh:

I mean, you started a guy who had the playbook for 2 days?

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have CMC on my fantasy team. He was averaging 20 fantasy points each week. So what happens in his first SF game? 5 points. You trade for a guy but then don't use him. :doh:

TBF he has to learn the offense.  He only been there a couple days.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You should know better than this

• Vomit 1

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

49ers are a good team with a good defense. McCaffrey will incorporate into their offense in the coming weeks and Shanahan will maximize him. Today, they just ran into arguably the best team in football. 49ers will win their division.

This team is 3-4 and AirTryHard is declaring divisional supremacy lol. This is the same guy that doesn't want to extend Poyer, a football mind for the ages. Imagine the state of this board, or heck this guys posts, if the Bills lost to the Chiefs by 21. Now we're conveniently just handing out excuses for a 3-4 football team with serious questions at quarterback.

More to the point, the brain champs in San Francisco got 62 yard, zero touchdowns and 21 point drubbing for their shiny new toy. They basically got 75% of Singletary without the wins. But hey just wait, eventually Shanahan the all knowing is gonna get 200 yards from this guy that hasn't really played fully healthy in 2+ years.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, In Summary said:

An insane amount of future draft capital and not something I'd ever want the Bills to do. These are the picks that play on rookie contracts and keep you from having to dump your core starters.

Especially with how successful Beane is with drafting players....I like him to have as many picks as possible, IMO.

5 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That's a tough argument to make after the Bills beat the Chiefs AT Arrowhead last week.

Especially the way it happened too…McKenzie just throwing away 14 pts pretty much and then the chiefs stopping us on another huge 4th down and getting away with an absolutely egregious trip to kill another drive while having quite a few of their drives extended by soft calls on our secondary.  

In the past we’re used to hearing ‘if you don’t play a perfect game against kc you are going to lose’ but that does not appear to be the case for us anymore 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don’t know any nice way to say this, but  absolutely no one cares about your fantasy team.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 10/21/2022 at 2:01 AM, LeGOATski said:

I have CMC and Deebo...and now they're both in the same offense. Will be interesting to see how this turns out. Will they just steal points from each other.... might need to make a trade.

Yeah, I try to avoid RB/WRs on the same team unless they’re nobrainer all stars, which I guess both of them are.  Niners have not been scoring as much so far.

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2022 at 6:10 AM, TheWeatherMan said:

They lost to the Bears, Broncos and Falcons and their schedule is much tougher the remainder of the season.  7-9 of their remaining games they will be underdogs or a pick game.  They gave up 2/3 of their draft and it’s probable they miss the payoffs.  

This aged like milk. 

49ers have won 7 straight,  7-1 since the trade only loss the very first game vs KC... they are 10-4 and clinched the playoffs already. 3 games up in the division. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

This aged like milk. 

49ers have won 7 straight,  7-1 since the trade only loss the very first game vs KC... they are 10-4 and clinched the playoffs already. 3 games up in the division. 

CMC has made all the difference in the world AND they have the best defense in football, to boot.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Who have they beaten that’s good…Miami? Chargers?  Cupcake schedule, they’re not making it past the 2nd round just like last year.  

Pretending to know what’s going to happen in the future for a 2nd time doesn’t make your initial prediction any less laughable.  

they have the best d in the league-  they have a shot to beat anyone…..with Brock Purdy under center 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Who have they beaten that’s good…Miami? Chargers?  Cupcake schedule, they’re not making it past the 2nd round just like last year.  

Miami beat the Bills, almost did it twice.  Look at the Bills schedule since the bye.  Other than Miami, only the Vikings stand out.

What is "the second round"?    The were in the NFCC game last year. They lost by a FG to the SB Champs. 

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Pretending to know what’s going to happen in the future for a 2nd time doesn’t make your initial prediction any less laughable.  

they have the best d in the league-  they have a shot to beat anyone…..with Brock Purdy under center 

Disagree and you have no evidence to support your laughable claim that they can beat anybody with Purdy.  Good try on the troll job though.  

20 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Disagree and you have no evidence to support your laughable claim that they can beat anybody with Purdy.  Good try on the troll job though.  

disagree with what?  You said the niners wouldn’t make the playoffs.  They will make the playoffs.  You’re wrong.  And they’re going to do it with their 3rd string qb.  Making along your prediction all that more laughable.  

They “have a shot” to beat anyone.  They do.  That’s the truth. You don’t have to believe it.  

You’re laughable prediction ended up being just that.  A joke. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

You just said before: "their schedule is much tougher the remainder of the season" ... so which is it? They destroyed Miami 33-17, destroyed Tampa 35-7, won Thursday on the road in Seattle, beat the Chargers... that's not cupcake at all..

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ngbills said:

CMC on this offense would have been nice.

So would Hockenson. Knox showed some glimpses of that yesterday. 

Knox would be better if he didn't have to pass block all the time.  When he gets opportunities to run routes, he's great.  We just happen to have one of the worst offensive lines in football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would have loved him....but due to his injury history and the amount of draft capital it took, I understand why we didn't. 

Sometimes you gotta go for it. Check Beanes 2nd round draft pick capital spent.

Bust central 

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

Bust central 

SF has a pretty good OL too. Ours needs reinforcements. Harder to do sacrificing all those picks. Probably would have taken more from the Bills to pull off as they’d assume Bills would be picking after SF. I totally get not doing that kind of a deal. Worked great for SF though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Knox would be better if he didn't have to pass block all the time.  When he gets opportunities to run routes, he's great.  We just happen to have one of the worst offensive lines in football.

Until he drops passes.... Don't get me wrong I like Knox he's a solid starter.  He just wasn't worth the contract we gave him and now likely having to lose Edmunds and/or Poyer as a result. 

Edited by vtnatefootball11
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, DJB said:

Bust central 

CMC got traded for the equivalent of 1st round capital, not 2nd.

I'm not saying definitively that it would or would not have been a good idea to trade a 1st for him, I'm just saying that a 2nd wasn't gonna get it done.

23 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Miami beat the Bills, almost did it twice.  Look at the Bills schedule since the bye.  Other than Miami, only the Vikings stand out.

What is "the second round"?    The were in the NFCC game last year. They lost by a FG to the SB Champs. 

This line of thinking doesn't even fly in college football anymore. 😂

I wish we had CMC, but a part of me feels good that he didn't come here because we would not have used him. There are so many cool things you can do with guys like Cook and Hines and we aren't doing them. Watching CMC running inside zone stuck in the backfield in such a conventional way would truly hurt my football soul. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

You just said before: "their schedule is much tougher the remainder of the season" ... so which is it? They destroyed Miami 33-17, destroyed Tampa 35-7, won Thursday on the road in Seattle, beat the Chargers... that's not cupcake at all..

Meanwhile, dude says they won’t make it past the 2nd round like last year…… you know, the same NFC championship game that’s play in the 2nd round 🤣 

you can’t make this stuff up 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I agree that the 9ers are legit, but the Bills schedule since the bye?  

Jets twice.  They are playing reasonably well, no?

Fish and Vikes as you mentioned.

Lions seem to be doing ok.

So that’s 5 games out of 7 against teams in a playoff race.  Add your Pats who are technically not out and that is 6 of their last 7 games against playoff contending teams.  Can you find even one other team that has played 6 of their last seven against playoff contenders?  I’m guessing there aren’t many..  

Combined record of teams since bye: 53-45

Combined records when removing games against Bills: 50-40

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I agree that the 9ers are legit, but the Bills schedule since the bye?  

Jets twice.  They are playing reasonably well, no?

Fish and Vikes as you mentioned.

Lions seem to be doing ok.

So that’s 5 games out of 7 against teams in a playoff race.  Add your Pats who are technically not out and that is 6 of their last 7 games against playoff contending teams.  Can you find even one other team that has played 6 of their last seven against playoff contenders?  I’m guessing there aren’t many..  

Combined record of teams since bye: 53-45

Combined records when removing games against Bills: 50-40

If you want to include all 7-7 teams as "playoff contenders", then your post almost scratches the surface of credulity.

Lions may continue to 10 wins, may not. But the Jets are in  a freefall.  Same for NE. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.