Brandin Bryant signed 1 year contract

Dablitzkrieg

• Dablitzkrieg changed the title to Brandin Bryant signed
  • Dablitzkrieg changed the title to Brandin Bryant signed 1 year contract

He earned it...it has to suck being at the bottom of an NFL roster not knowing day to day if you are going to have a job or not and getting caught up in numbers games with injuries at other positions at times...

I am sure sometimes the teams let them know what's up and they are going to get resigned shortly or maybe after the next game, but other times they may not know anything and that has to be hard...

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Wasn’t he on a 1 year contract before he was released? 

He might have initially signed to the practice squad and we flexed him to be active when other guys were injured. Yet once you flex said player a 4th time you need to put them on the active roster and count against your 53, we might not have had a roster spot available to do so and why we released him to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

I can only listen on NFL+ but i thought i heard them announce he was back in and was fine as it was most likely a cramp. I do agree, the more to rotate the better. Also i do not remember Ed Oliver playing.....

Consider getting Sirius instead of NFL+. It's cheaper, you get every game and radio, too. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'm about 99% sure Phillips went back in the game after he pulled up a bit.

He did but he also seemed to reaggravate the injury and this team is pretty conservative with those injuries, I would not be surprised if he sits this one out.   It is best he be fully healthy when he can kick butt.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He earned it...it has to suck being at the bottom of an NFL roster not knowing day to day if you are going to have a job or not and getting caught up in numbers games with injuries at other positions at times...

I am sure sometimes the teams let them know what's up and they are going to get resigned shortly or maybe after the next game, but other times they may not know anything and that has to be hard...

Beats working for a living...

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Beats working for a living...

until you go to training camps 3 or 4 years in a row, bust your ass all off-season working out getting ready and end up on no roster and no PS either... lot of work for no money. 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

until you go to training camps 3 or 4 years in a row, bust your ass all off-season working out getting ready and end up on no roster and no PS either... lot of work for no money

He went to TC's in '16 and '17. Then he was out of the league.  Then he got signed by Browns in 2019. 

Since then, he's averaged $250,000 a year for a 4 year career  for a total of 163 snaps.   Name a real job where they pay you that much to work out a lot and rarely put you to actual work.

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

He did but he also seemed to reaggravate the injury and this team is pretty conservative with those injuries, I would not be surprised if he sits this one out.   It is best he be fully healthy when he can kick butt.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they shut him down for longer to let it heal up. He’s had a recurring hamstring issue since his days with the Cards and it’s big reason he was shut down for a lot of games and eventually released. 

Guy wants terribly to be out there but hammies are weird and can linger. At this point I hope it isn’t something chronic and worst comes to worst we shut him down until the post season. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He went to TC's in '16 and '17. Then he was out of the league.  Then he got signed by Browns in 2019. 

Since then, he's averaged $250,000 a year for a 4 year career  for a total of 163 snaps.   Name a real job where they pay you that much to work out a lot and rarely put you to actual work.

“Real Job” tells me all I need to know 😂

• Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You’re just upset because you can’t do it

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

And he gets chicks for free!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

“Real Job” tells me all I need to know 😂

Glad I could help!

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You’re just upset because you can’t do it

"upset"?  that's a bizarre response.

anyway....nah, I have a much better job than this cat.  plus I can work until I don't want to anymore.  I'm just saying what he's been through doesn't "suck".  Nearly all college players don't make a million in the NFL.  He's blessed for that opportunity and got paid a ton of money (relative to his cohort) for trying. 

Simple observation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.