I remember when....

Virgil

Yeah, I was just thinking about how disappointed we would be if something happened and we don't make the playoffs.  We expect to do more than just make the playoffs...they are almost a given.  But the 17 years ended not very long ago.  Now the consensus among media is that we have the best roster.  At the start of Josh's rookie season not only was the consensus that we had the worst roster but that we had a historically bad roster.  The change is pretty amazing.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I remember when a Bills QB throwing for 300 yards in a game was just a fantasy.

That's a good one.  I don't know how I didn't think of that

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

you should.  you just posted the same thing an hour ago...

I went back and added it to the original.  Didn't let me delete the second one for some reason

• Haha (+1) 1

I remember when Al Cowlings was just another first round bust.

I remember when other first round picks cried when we drafted them.

I remember when still other first round pics defected to Canada when we drafted them.

Finally, two words to sum it all up:  Aaron Mabin

Edited by cwater10

I remember when Dennis Shaw was rookie of the year.

i remember when our top of the line scoreboard was orange lights

i remember when Bob James tore a knee ligament and never played again

i remember when OJ wore #36

i remember when Hank Bullough took the sail out of our winds

i remember when we had a punt catcher

i remember when 3 of our best all-time players found out they’d been cut on the same day by watching the crawl on ESPN

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

2 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

I remember when every first round draft pick was going to turn things around the next year.  I remember every year thinking this is the year Brady retires .. Wait, I still do!

I remember every time one of our 1st round busts went to another team, I'd see someone post that he would come back to haunt us.  Never happened.  Then there were other teams busts that we picked up, like Brian Brohm, who I was told we stole from their team because the poster "saw him play in college" 

• Like (+1) 1

I remember a sloppy shitfest of a game against the Packers back when the defensive line was a bright spot. I think it was Jerry Hughes, Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Mario Williams.

Somehow we held out to beat them in a regular season game and it seemed like we had done the impossible. Every moment was agonizing as it took so many things going our way to pull that out. Wins don't come easy when you have no QB

My defining memory of the drought years will be all of the training camp sessions where I lived and died with every QB rep. A neverending shuffle of QBs that eventually failed in some tragic fashion or another. I was starved for positive reports about any one of the 3 QBs at camp. I cared so much about the stat lined put out by beat reporters. I looked for any glimmer of hope that one of these losers would suddenly become the franchise. It was just 4 years ago that Allen and McCarron and Peterman were competing for the job and it was a real competition for a while there which is just crazy in retrospect. Finally our patience was rewarded.

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My defining memory of the drought years will be all of the training camp sessions where I lived and died with every QB rep. A neverending shuffle of QBs that eventually failed in some tragic fashion or another. I was starved for positive reports about any one of the 3 QBs at camp. I cared so much about the stat lined put out by beat reporters. I looked for . Finally our patience was rewarded.

Reminds me of that saying…every dog has its day….

Our day is coming … 

11 hours ago, Rico said:

I remember when Ralph was the owner.

Ralph is cheap 

I remember when Dick Jauron said it's Hard to win in the NFL...I know Sean McDermott just recently said the same thing but it was just different when Jauron said it :lol: 

Edited by BillsPride12

9 minutes ago, teef said:

i remember watching trent edwards drive for a td against the pats in one of his first games and thinking....yeah, our qb problem is over.  

Or the Chargers game where he had almost a perfect QB rating and the National media was talking MVP. 

That lasted a week

• Like (+1) 1

I remember when we would get to week 6 and people would start writing all those "coaches on the hot seat" columns and I would check in out of curiosity to see what the author had to say about our coach.  Now I can just skip over those articles because I know the Bills won't be mentioned except as a place for other teams to poach.  

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I remember when you did thoughts about the game in no particular order.

Shaw did his thing this week. I figured people don’t need both.  And anything I was going to say had been beaten to death.  I’m taking the week off. 

Just now, Virgil said:

Shaw did his thing this week. I figured people don’t need both.  And anything I was going to say had been beaten to death.  I’m taking the week off. 

They're two totally different kinds of posts (yours and Shaw's).  Nothing against Shaw, but I prefer yours, personally.  Please don't stop.

11 hours ago, TheMightyMaxio said:

I remember fondly owning this "prize possession", absolutely knowing that it was guaranteed to increase in value. #kidsaredumb.

James Williams Card.jpg

I loved putting those on my bicycle to make it sound like a motorcycle

Edited by TBBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.