Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

I keep looking for signs that this team will win a Superbowl.   Each week they have showed me something...

The first one came opening night when they clobbered the Rams.  Doesn't matter what the Rams are today, that was a signature win.

The second one was just losing a game in Miami where they played with significant injuries and weather and still had a chance to win it at the end.

The third one was not playing your best half and then shutting down and closing out the Ravens.  Never giving them a chance with the ball to end the game.

The fourth one was walloping the Steelers and instituting the mercy rule.

And now for me, the fifth one will be going into KC and dismissing them.  

I could have thrown in avenging the TItans loss, but the Bills had a significant rest period between games.  

So for me, go to KC, beat them by 1 or more and the résumé will  continue to look damn impressive..

Championship caliber teams take on all comers and just win the games.  So far, so good.

To mimic our President, 🙂 Two Words: "Just Keep Winning!!!"  🙂 

Edited by wjag
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I can't understand if someone is injured enough to be "limited" for 2 weeks straight why the hell they are even bothering to have them practice? It doesn't make sense.

While I'm speculating, I would think the term "limited" has different levels of how much actual work a player does.

As to the question of not practicing at all or doing limited work, I have to leave it to the experts in the training room.

5 minutes ago, uninja said:

Jones back to full is low key awesome, guy has been an absolute anchor at the 1T spot. Him not playing would be a big loss, especially with how the Chiefs OL is run blocking with their guards. The tackles are the weak link there. Our edge guys should feast and be able to be disruptive.

Would really prefer if we had a decently healthy Edmunds, Knox and Poyer for this matchup. Chiefs have a lot of weapons to throw to and we need our best out there in coverage.

Not expecting Phillips to play, unless this is just a chronic issue with his hamstring and we can use him rotationally on a pitch count. 

Jones is also giving them a lot from the pass rush standpoint also...he is among the top 5 DTs for pass rush win rate in the NFL surprisingly...the man is doing it all.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

While I'm speculating, I would think the term "limited" has different levels of how much actual work a player does.

As to the question of not practicing at all or doing limited work, I have to leave it to the experts in the training room.

Starting to feel like the Bills are turning into the Patriots from 10 years ago when their entire roster would be on the injury report so you never knew who was actually hurt or not.

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean not really...none of the key pieces we need that were out last week are any different than they were last week.

How long can someone be "limited"?? IMO, if it's more than a day or two why the hell are they even out there to begin with, because they would likely heal quicker without practicing.

WTF is with dudes being "limited" for 2 weeks. It makes no f***ing sense.

I can't understand if someone is injured enough to be "limited" for 2 weeks straight why the hell they are even bothering to have them practice? It doesn't make sense.

It should not take 2 weeks to come back from a limited diganosis

If a player does not take every single rep at practice they are required to be listed as limited

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

The Bills secondary is getting a bit less banged up.  Kaiir Elam got dinged on the foot, but I think he'll be fine.  On the other side, I think Benford is expected back.  I think that's why Buffalo let Ingram go (resigning him to the PS).  I wouldn't be shocked if Buffalo called up Jared Maden.  The thing is, Mahomes doesn't have the game breaking receivers he used to have.  They're OK, but I don't know that the Bills' DBs can't cover them.  Kelce is Mahomes' biggest target now.

Agree but Kelce isn't going to burn you for 80 yards.  He is going to work the 10-20 yard range, maybe 25 here and there.  Mahomes has to orchestrate longer drives now than he did last year.

30 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean not really...none of the key pieces we need that were out last week are any different than they were last week.

How long can someone be "limited"?? IMO, if it's more than a day or two why the hell are they even out there to begin with, because they would likely heal quicker without practicing.

WTF is with dudes being "limited" for 2 weeks. It makes no f***ing sense.

It should not take 2 weeks to come back from a limited diganosis

Limited is things like non contact practice or maybe just individual stuff.  Could also be work on the field that is part of rehab.

37 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Absolutely this isn't a must win for either team. 11 games for both teams after this one. But I don't trust the Bills on the road in the playoffs. Maybe this team is different but I would rather not find out.

You said it yourself.  This team is different.  I’m not a big believer in year to year W-L stats and streaks.  If it mattered, we would’ve smashed and beaten Miami in week 3.  Each year is different. 

Having home field >> not having home field.  Just stay relatively healthy, game plan and execute properly in the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Really nice post. For the most part I agree with your post. I wouldn't go as far to say the Bills are the "superior team" this year. I do believe that the Bills are the better team talent wise and on paper. However, I don't think the gap is huge. For example, the difference between Buffalo and Pittsburg was huge for obvious reasons. The KC team led by Mahomes is more than capable of beating the Bills. This game is most likely a dogfight til the end. Most seasonal football fans and experts don't see a blowout for Buffalo. 

When I say "superior", that doesn't mean I'm expecting a guarantee blowout/beat-down victory.  Not by any means.

However, I do understand why the Bills are favored in this game, despite it being in Arrowhead.

You are correct in saying the gap between most NFL teams is not very large.  

I believe we are significantly better than Miami, even with the injuries.  But 3-4 mistakes on our side was enough to put them ahead in Week 3.

If the Bills come out and play their normal game, limit unforced mistakes and keep the turnover battle even... I have no doubts they will win.  Possibly even by double-digits.  The difference between the defenses is just too lopsided, and I think we can get 2-3 more stops as the game presses on.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, uninja said:

Jones back to full is low key awesome, guy has been an absolute anchor at the 1T spot. Him not playing would be a big loss, especially with how the Chiefs OL is run blocking with their guards. The tackles are the weak link there. Our edge guys should feast and be able to be disruptive.

Would really prefer if we had a decently healthy Edmunds, Knox and Poyer for this matchup. Chiefs have a lot of weapons to throw to and we need our best out there in coverage.

Not expecting Phillips to play, unless this is just a chronic issue with his hamstring and we can use him rotationally on a pitch count. 

I will just say it.  DaQuan Jones has been just as important of an addition to the D-Line as Von Miller.  

You can easily see how the blocking attention that Miller commands is helping the pass rush.  But the job Jones is doing at 1-Tech is allowing our linebackers to have career seasons, so far.

Considering the Chiefs current (quick-strike, dink/dunk) offense, Jones may actually be more important for us on Sunday.  

Stopping the run without our linebackers cheating-up will help us keep them in 3rd-long, and allow our coverage to better contain Travis Kelce.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Why are fans so sensitive to it? It’s ridiculous IMO

What’s ridiculous is jackwagons like you acting as if you know EXACTLY what the coaches said/called and the various communications that occurred.

I “forgot” about that game a long time ago but I can’t stand the know-it-alls — particularly those who have had an axe to grind against McD since the day he was hired. Yes, I remember your ignorant “McEgo” comment before his team ever took the field. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ray Stonada said:

Weather forecast Sunday in Kansas City:

Mostly sunny

High of 67, low of 37

Wind 10-20mph day, 5-10mph night

Sunset 6:38pm (probably in the 3rd quarter)

Dan Fetes is going to be there so it's going to rain at some point.

Nothing against him, but apparently when he gets to travel for games it has rained the past two years according to him.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

McKenzie back and practicing all week isn't being discussed much. He could prove to be a problem for KC. The offense is looking pretty strong and KC's defense is looking kind of weak. Bills are going to score......a lot. Another thing that KC didn't have to contend with last year is running backs catching balls out of the backfield. Singletary has been quietly putting up some numbers there this season. There are just too many ways the Bills can move the ball. Everyone keeps talking about slowing down that KC offense when it's KC that has the heavier lift in trying to slow the Buffalo attack.

There are some thinking the Bills could win big. Could be right.

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm not disputing what Mahomes walked into vs Allen, my point is that he's been great from day one and the only reason he didn't start out of the gate as a rookie is because Alex Smith had a ridiculously good season and best of his career in 2017.

Mahomes has also been to 4 straight AFC Championships, 2 SB's, and one championship. They certainly didn't have anything close to the Bills on defense the entire time he's been there.

Also disagree about the magnitude of this game on Sunday, I do believe that if the Chiefs win they are well on thier way to a unprecedented 5th straight AFC championship game at home. Which means the chances of the Bills getting a SB decreases exponentially.  If the Bills are going to change the course of history and whatever destiny lies ahead for Mahomes it starts this Sunday. They have to force this guy to at least play one road playoff game for the first time in his career.

1) Be a man… answer the first question and be honest. Who is the team you root for?

2) after the Bills played in KC in week 5 last year, do you remember their records?  I’ll help.  Buffalo was 4-1, and KC was 2-3.  One team had homefield advantage all playoffs. Which one was that?  Don’t tell me with any kind of certainty that the winner of a week 6 game will have a home game in the AFC championship. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

1) Be a man… answer the first question and be honest. Who is the team you root for?

2) after the Bills played in KC in week 5 last year, do you remember their records?  I’ll help.  Buffalo was 4-1, and KC was 2-3.  One team had homefield advantage all playoffs. Which one was that?  Don’t tell me with any kind of certainty that the winner of a week 6 game will have a home game in the AFC championship. 

Don't waste your time with this guy. I've had him on ignore for quite some time. 

And just to emphasize the point you are making in #2...neither KC nor Buffalo had homefield throughout the playoffs last year...it was TEN who wasn't as good as either team and couldn't get out of the first round. So to your point, grandiose and definitive pronouncements of what this game means to the rest of the season are somewhat stupid.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I was at that game...Bills kicked their ass that day and 2 stupid plays cost them the game. Chiefs were 8-0 coming in...should have left 8-1. 

That 101 yard INT for a TD by Sean Smith was inexcusable starting out the 2nd half.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I was at that game...Bills kicked their ass that day and 2 stupid plays cost them the game. Chiefs were 8-0 coming in...should have left 8-1. 

That 101 yard INT for a TD by Sean Smith was inexcusable starting out the 2nd half.

That game had me soooooo pissed. Do not miss those days. 

53 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That smith pick was dumb luck. Edit: I thought I recalled Smith fell down, but he didn’t. The reality is Smith got toasted bad by Stevie. He was so out of position. It was a terrible play by smith, but he was rewarded for just being in the right place at the right time.

Tough break for Tuel, who had an okay game. 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate

24 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Bryce Brown

Remember McCoy tweeting that the Bills didn't have a back as good as Brown after the trade?

Then Jackson tweets back like "hey, uh. I'm here. So is Lynch" and McCoy saying he forgot. 😂

Early in the season Rex Ryan in his first year didn't even know the guy. He just said " the kid who fumbles a lot"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, WideNine said:

Running a project for a Healthcare company, but struggling to focus.

Usually can firewall off my Bills to a safe place, but I have been looking forward to this rematch since the 13 seconds debacle.

Yeah it's only 3 more days!!! :) But oh boy! You gotta push yourself to focus!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Was that the Bryce Brown fumble into the end zone game?  Pain

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.