Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

It can evolve from 7 yards rushing all the way up to 10!

People still don't understand the most important role in this offense for an RB is pass pro, and Moss is one of the best RB's in pass pro in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, EffKCChiefs said:

There is a petition out there to change KC Chiefs name and logo. I signed it. Link below.....

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/change-the-name-and-imagery-of-the-kansas-city-chiefs-football-team/thankyou

Please don't try to force them to change it if they are going to change it to anything similar to the "Commanders" or the "Guardians"

• Haha (+1) 3

Bills need this game much more than the Chiefs.  Bills schedule is much harder than it looks post bye. The first 6 post bye all pose some type of challenge.  4-2 at the break with a loss in the tie-breaker will likely require a 15-2 record to get #1 seed.  That means closing the season out 11-0.  Chiefs win this game and it is hard to see them not going 14-3. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

Bills need this game much more than the Chiefs.  Bills schedule is much harder than it looks post bye. The first 6 post bye all pose some type of challenge.  4-2 at the break with a loss in the tie-breaker will likely require a 15-2 record to get #1 seed.  That means closing the season out 11-0.  Chiefs win this game and it is hard to see them not going 14-3. 

AFC West games are always tricky and usually closer than people would expect, I wouldn't anoint the Chiefs to go 6-0 in the division just yet.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From a NFL perspective biggest regular season game this year. Going to hear ALOT about 13 seconds this week and throughout the broadcast. Both teams are lethal and regardless of the outcome this week, favorites to meet up again in the playoffs. Bills certainly have plenty of familiarity playing at Arrowhead. Game plan is almost identical for each team. Bills gotta score TD’s, not turn it over and try to limit Mahomes and Kelce. I’ve told myself regardless of the outcome I’m not going to overreact from a win in week six. Hopeful Bills win and come out of the game healthy.

After the bye week, need to stack up wins with no letdowns like last year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

AFC West games are always tricky and usually closer than people would expect, I wouldn't anoint the Chiefs to go 6-0 in the division just yet.

Exactly how would the 5-1 Chiefs (that is likely their record if they beat the Bills) not finish with 14 wins?  Show me more than 2 losses on their schedule.  If they split their tough games, they still finish 14-3.  They likely go 3-2 or 4-1 against the 5 tough games on their schedule and I am not sure the Rams and Titans are really that tough to begin with, especially at Arrowhead.

• Eyeroll 2

5 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

KC lost to Indy so I wouldn’t go crowning them after week six. Probably flip a coin for who wins this game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Exactly how would the 5-1 Chiefs (that is likely their record if they beat the Bills) not finish with 14 wins?  Show me more than 2 losses on their schedule.  If they split their tough games, they still finish 14-3.  They likely go 3-2 or 4-1 against the 5 tough games on their schedule and I am not sure the Rams and Titans are really that tough to begin with, especially at Arrowhead.

Did you have them losing to a terrible Colt team? That's how.

Do you have advance knowledge of what their injury report is going to look like prior to every future game? Key injuries can definitely play a large part for teams wins and losses no matter how good they are.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

His normal routine of watching film on the next opponent? 

What that says to me is McDermott is so confident in his team that he thinks they can beat anyone, anywhere as long as they are healthy.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

KC lost to Indy so I wouldn’t go crowning them after week six. Probably flip a coin for who wins this game.

Well if they can beat us, it isn't likely they are going to drop more than 2 games the rest of the year.  Even if they drop 2 games they finish 14-3 with the tie-breaker over us.  That means we need to finish 11-0.  Not impossible, but not likely.  We need this game for the #1 seed.  

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Did you have them losing to a terrible Colt team? That's how.

Do you have advance knowledge of what their injury report is going to look like prior to every future game? Key injuries can definitely play a large part for teams wins and losses no matter how good they are.

What that says to me is McDermott is so confident in his team that he thinks they can beat anyone, anywhere as long as they are healthy.

They would need to lose 2 more times and we would have to go 11-0.  You obviously don't understand math.  This game equals TWO games. 

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Well if they can beat us, it isn't likely they are going to drop more than 2 games the rest of the year.  Even if they drop 2 games they finish 14-3 with the tie-breaker over us.  That means we need to finish 11-0.  Not impossible, but not likely.  We need this game for the #1 seed.  

They would need to lose 2 more times and we would have to go 11-0.  You obviously don't understand math.  This game equals TWO games. 

I understand it, I just don't think McDermott cares as much as we think he does to put the long term health of players that might be close on the line for one game no matter how importan it might be.

And who is to say we can't roll in to KC and beat them with multiple backups playing?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

You also realize we beat KC last year and didn’t get the #1 seed nor did KC. While it would be great to have the #1 seed there is way too much football to be played after this game that will decide it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

People still don't understand the most important role in this offense for an RB is pass pro, and Moss is one of the best RB's in pass pro in the NFL.

Agreed. I do understand why people don't like him as a runner, but it is not the only role a RB has on this team.

Bills 4th drive yesterday is a good example. Moss trips over himself on the first snap gaining 7 yards instead of maybe 15 and that sucks. But two plays later, on 3&4, his blocking allows Josh to throw 26y sideline completion to Hodgins. That's why they still value him.

And to be clear, I am not saying that he should be on the field, I am just saying that not only running matters.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

You also realize we beat KC last year and didn’t get the #1 seed nor did KC. While it would be great to have the #1 seed there is way too much football to be played after this game that will decide it.

If we win this game we are going to be the #1 seed. This isn't last year.  The AFC this year is full of flawed football teams.  The Bills and Chiefs are miles ahead of everyone else.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

The so called unstoppable AFCW is now looking like garbage. The Broncos & Raiders both blow and who knows when Herbert will be 100%.  I really thought these 4 would cannibalize each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

The so called unstoppable AFCW is now looking like garbage. The Broncos & Raiders both blow and who knows when Herbert will be 100%.  I really thought these 4 would cannibalize each other. 

In retrospect should have seen the Hacket thing coming, his career comes off as the second coming of Adam Gase.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Ummm it’s October, and they already have a loss to the Colts ? 

19 minutes ago, eball said:

How very enlightened of you.

Everywhere I look, on the internet and in real life, reddit-brain midwits performatively signal their moral superiority and allegiance to The Right Side of History by sneering condescendingly at the proles who display even a hint of skepticism, especially if they sense that the chud hasn't examined the issue with sufficient rigor (ie made themselves mentally ill by being online 24/7)

Have some gold, good sir, frienderino! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

If we win this game we are going to be the #1 seed. This isn't last year.  The AFC this year is full of flawed football teams.  The Bills and Chiefs are miles ahead of everyone else.  

Hey kreskin, are you taking into account potential injuries or bad games?

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hey kreskin, are you taking into account potential injuries or bad games?

Injuries mean nothing unless it is the QB.  I factor in a bad game or two. Math still is the same.  The winner will have a 2 game lead over the other.  It is nearly impossible to make up two games on either team.  These teams are miles ahead of everyone else. 

Edited by Bills2022

58 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

They lost to the Colts

Just now, Bills2022 said:

Injuries mean nothing unless it is the QB.  I factor is a bad game or two. Math still is the same.  The winner will have a 2 game lead over the other.  It is nearly impossible to make up two games on either team.  

1 and a 1/2 game lead

Just now, TH3 said:

They lost to the Colts

We lost to the Jaguars last year.  Teams lose a game like that every year.  But it is usually just 1 game.  It is going to be almost impossible for either team to make up 2 games on the other and 1 of these teams is going to be the #1 seed.  The rest of the AFC is nothing to get excited about.

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

We lost to the Jaguars last year.  Teams lose a game like that every year.  But it is usually just 1 game.  It is going to be almost impossible for either team to make up 2 games on the other and 1 of these teams is going to be the #1 seed.  The rest of the AFC is nothing to get excited about.

Well….now I am concerned

17 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Injuries mean nothing unless it is the QB.  I factor in a bad game or two. Math still is the same.  The winner will have a 2 game lead over the other.  It is nearly impossible to make up two games on either team.  These teams are miles ahead of everyone else. 

And yet it happened .. just a season ago. The Bills were surely a lock for the #1 seed because they won a game in October… until they weren’t. It’s a big game, but far from the last word on playoff seeding for the 2022 season. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe so, but through 5 weeks, it looks a lot less impressive than it did before the season started.  Broncos and Raiders are struggling.  Chargers have a wacky coach.  Meanwhile, KC looks better than last year, if that is even possible.  I thought every AFC West game would be must see TV.  So far, not so much.  We need to Raiders to expose them tonight.  Even if they don't win, scare them and cause a few nicks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.