Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

From a NFL perspective biggest regular season game this year. Going to hear ALOT about 13 seconds this week and throughout the broadcast.

Funny you should mention that.

I ROTFL at Frazier's interview this week.  John Wawrow, 2:37 in

Harrison Phillips said that Leslie Frazier had a very dry, very straight faced sense of humor where he'd say something and you'd go "oh, OK" and then a second later "WAIT WAT? He's having me on.." or "Did he just *ZING* me?"

So Wawrow is determined to interrogate Frazier about "13 seconds"

JW: "Now on to the Elephant in the room, are 13 seconds..is that a bad, is that a profanity around your parts? The words 13 seconds?"

LF: (Makes face, then cracks little grin looks puzzled and answers very straight) "No, not in our parts, I'm not superstitious about the number 13, personally, so.....Nope, not at all!" (broadly smiling by the end)

JW: "I'm referring of course to the end of the game, it's been called, it's been nicknamed 13 seconds, from January."

LF: "My response would be Nope, Not at all"

JW: "Fair enough" (goes on to grill Frazier about whether they'll cover the end of that game in their defensive meetings, whether Frazier feels the players need to hear about it)

LF: (goes on to talk generally about how they go over different scenarios)

Coaches wouldn't talk about it then, coaches won't talk about it now.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

We lost to the Jaguars last year.  Teams lose a game like that every year.  But it is usually just 1 game.  It is going to be almost impossible for either team to make up 2 games on the other and 1 of these teams is going to be the #1 seed.  The rest of the AFC is nothing to get excited about.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Bills need this game much more than the Chiefs.  Bills schedule is much harder than it looks post bye. The first 6 post bye all pose some type of challenge.  4-2 at the break with a loss in the tie-breaker will likely require a 15-2 record to get #1 seed.  That means closing the season out 11-0.  Chiefs win this game and it is hard to see them not going 14-3. 

That killed my buzz.....Not to mention Chris Jones ans Frank Clark and my problem with confusing Saffold with Ducasse.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

What that says to me is McDermott is so confident in his team that he thinks they can beat anyone, anywhere as long as they are healthy.

That’s the conclusion I came to after the Dolphins game. Lost by 2 in some super weird weather and down 12 starters on the road. 

Nothing matters other than being 100% or as close as we can come to it in January/February. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Harrison Phillips said that Leslie Frazier had a very dry, very straight faced sense of humor where he'd say something and you'd go "oh, OK" and then a second later "WAIT WAT? He's having me on.." or "Did he just *ZING* me?"

JW: "Now on to the Elephant in the room, are 13 seconds..is that a bad, is that a profanity around your parts? The words 13 seconds?"

LF: (Makes face, then cracks little grin looks puzzled and answers very straight) "No, not in our parts, I'm not superstitious about the number 13, personally, so.....Nope, not at all!" (broadly smiling by the end)

JW: "I'm referring of course to the end of the game, it's been called, it's been nicknamed 13 seconds, from January."

JW: "Fair enough" (goes on to grill Frazier about whether they'll cover the end of that game in their defensive meetings, whether Frazier feels the players need to hear about it)

The past is the past. Dominate on 3! 1-2-3 Dominate!

9 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The mentor vs. the mentee in the regular season has gone well for the mentee.

The playoffs, not well. But then that’s a story for another time…..for now.

Is this something about Andy Reid being a manatee?

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bjsnwfiph0cr4sb9c3ja

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, EffKCChiefs said:

There is a petition out there to change KC Chiefs name and logo. I signed it. Link below.....

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/change-the-name-and-imagery-of-the-kansas-city-chiefs-football-team/thankyou

Native American here... I personally do not find Chiefs offensive likd I do Redskins or that Indians Logo. Nor do I find the Braves or the Aztecs. That little Irish dude from Notre Dame.....Pretty offensive.

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The mentor vs. the mentee in the regular season has gone well for the mentee.

The playoffs, not well. But then that’s a story for another time…..for now.

That's what Sunday is ALL ABOUT.

Mahomes is 9-0 AT HOME in the playoffs.

WE HAVE TO GET THOSE BASTARDS IN ORCHARD PARK.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Assuming Edmunds is healthy? would McD ever consider having him just play man to man on Kelce with safety help. This clown is literally always open. There's gotta be a way of completing removing him as a threat. 

That clown makes opposing players and their coaches look like 🤡.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Assuming Edmunds is healthy? would McD ever consider having him just play man to man on Kelce with safety help.

He eats up a lot of space but Edmunds is NOT reliable in man coverage; he's actually pretty gawdawful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Wawrow is a drama queen..

Edited by Bimmer323i
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There's gotta be a way you can creatively bracket him better than Vegas did. I just find it difficult to believe such a dominant TE can't be doubled?

They'll have to find a way to be creative with Tre White not available.

Step one is to make sure the LB's stay disciplined and aren't chasing RPOs.

Step two is to be as physical as you can with him, especially on early downs when penalties are less painful.

Step three is to create problems at the source by getting Mahomes off his spot and confusing the angles on his throwing lanes.

I could see them working a bracket with Taron Johnson but the secondary is already compromised so it's going to be tricky.

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Do you think Dotson would be a better choice to cover Kelce?

I do not.

I like Dodson coming forward, and he might eventually pick up the nuances to be an effective zone 'backer but asking him to chase Kelce would be utterly futile and also endanger the integrity of hte defense in a couple other ways.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Teams take Diggs out of the game sometimes by bracketing him. I don’t see why you can’t do the same thing with Kelce. Let’s try our luck with Juju.

It’s seems like every game I watch of the chiefs kelce is always running wide open… I with ya tho bracket him double him whatever just take him outta the game  and try your luck else where

• Simon pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I suggest you watch some of Cover 1 videos or the All-22. You'd likely change your mind.

I've watched him for 4-5 years now and he's just too stiff to run man against top notch players like Kelce.

Just now, Simon said:

I've watched him for 4-5 years now and he's just too stiff to run man against top notch players like Kelce.

Literally nobody in the NFL can cover Kelce so I mean that isn't saying much. The dude has 6 straight 1,000 yard seasons...as a freaking TE! Most high end WRs don't even achieve that...

So if nobody has figured out a way to cover him after all those games, I don't think there IS a good way to cover him.

Basically try and bump him off course, throw off the timing or hope Mahomes runs out of time before he gets into his pattern.

Holding Kelce as an example of why Edmunds isn't good in man coverage is pointless in this situation as 0 players in the NFL are good in man coverage against him.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Literally nobody in the NFL can cover Kelce so I mean that isn't saying much. The dude has 6 straight 1,000 yard seasons...as a freaking TE! Most high end WRs don't even achieve that...

So if nobody has figured out a way to cover him after all those games, I don't think there IS a good way to cover him.

Basically try and bump him off course, throw off the timing or hope Mahomes runs out of time before he gets into his pattern.

Holding Kelce as an example of why Edmunds isn't good in man coverage is pointless in this situation as 0 players in the NFL are good in man coverage against him.

Kelce doesn't run a 4.3

There's gotta be a way to hybrid bracket him. What about Milano with help from Poyer or Taron. Take away Homes' favorite target and you might see some frustration show up in his game.  We can't just let him run around wide open.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.