Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There's gotta be a way you can creatively bracket him better than Vegas did. I just find it difficult to believe such a dominant TE can't be doubled?

I mean outside of the TDs they did a good job on him.  He had like 7 catches for 25 yards.  The Chiefs got down the field without Kelce and then just scored with him.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Kelce doesn't run a 4.3

There's gotta be a way to hybrid bracket him. What about Milano with help from Poyer or Taron. Take away Homes' favorite target and you might see some frustration show up in his game.  We can't just let him run around wide open.

You've got DC's getting paid millions of dollars with jobs on the line. You don't think if there was a way to do it without significantly compromising the rest of their defense that they would have already done it?

My best guess is to beat the hell out of him at the line, especially when he is inline...have a DE hammer him every single play to try and wear him down over the course of the game.

Edited by Big Turk

23 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

That’s like saying the Titanic did a good job with the iceberg,,

Not really.  They didnt cover him in the endzone.  That was a breakdown.  The entire rest of the field he did nothing.  My over all point was the raiders got torched by both the run game and their other receivers.  Their problem up and down the field wasnt Kelce.  It was they stopped getting pressure on Mahomes.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean outside of the TDs they did a good job on him.  He had like 7 catches for 25 yards.  The Chiefs got down the field without Kelce and then just scored with him.

Yeah, 4TD’s aren’t an indicator of his overall performance tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

We lost to the Jaguars last year.  Teams lose a game like that every year.  But it is usually just 1 game.  It is going to be almost impossible for either team to make up 2 games on the other and 1 of these teams is going to be the #1 seed.  The rest of the AFC is nothing to get excited about.

Excellent work.  Only took until the 2nd page to get a “Remember The Jags!” reference.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

You've got DC's getting paid millions of dollars with jobs on the line. You don't think if there was a way to do it without significantly compromising the rest of their defense that they would have already done it?

My best guess is to beat the hell out of him at the line, especially when he is inline...have a DE hammer him every single play to try and wear him down over the course of the game.

This. And maybe switch to a 3-4 defense. 2 extra LB'S to cover the middle probably wouldn't hurt.

Jason Witten was like Kelce had average speed but had one really patented move and always was open. Don’t have to be an athletic freak in the NFL 90 percent of the game is technique. 

Still I like Milano and Edmunds chances against Kelce much better then the crap I saw in Vegas. That team defensively is atrocious to begin with and they still should have won if Adams simply gets another foot down. 

• Dislike 1

Hmm I just checked Sportrac and there are couple of things I didn't see posted here:

CB Ja'Marcus Ingram no longer on the Bills roster (only 52 players there).

S Jared Mayden signed on PS.

PS is not that relevant but if Ingram was indeed cut I wonder what that means.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Hmm I just checked Sportrac and there are couple of things I didn't see posted here:

Tra?!

31 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Ingram was in fact released.  The roster currently stands at 52.

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Kansas City is playin on a short week, after a huge comeback. I am hoping that we are their let down game and we take the conference.

I doubt it. If anything I think the Chiefs were having a letdown last night (down 17-0) before realizing we have to win before we get to the Bills. Neither team is having a letdown next weekend. It will be hyped as one of the biggest regular season games this year. Probably the biggest in the AFC with the #1 seed possibly on the line.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Didn't the Bengals play a 4-3 last season but switched to a 3-4 when they played the Chiefs in the playoffs?

No, they put in 8+ DBs, sometimes taking off a DL and also a LB. I could see the Bills trying that if White and Benford were healthy...

This is definitely going to be the hardest test for the Bills. Mahomes is definitely elite. We have seen that we can hang with the Chiefs and actually beat them. The Bills are going to have to play a near perfect game to have a shot here. The things that give me hope on this game:

1. The Chiefs secondary can easily be picked on. If Carr can do it, then Allen can do more damage.

2. The Raiders were all over that offensive line last night. If everyone healthy, we can easily do the same as we have a much better Defensive line. 

3. You can run all over the KC defensive line. (Ok, not exactly our strength, but should be easier as KC is going to play to Josh's strength)

The rest is just going to be great football. If we win our main competition for tops in AFC is 2 games behind! Hate the wait, but Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

This. And maybe switch to a 3-4 defense. 2 extra LB'S to cover the middle probably wouldn't hurt.

That's never happening...no way they would take a DB off the field to put an extra LB out there

27 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

This is definitely going to be the hardest test for the Bills. Mahomes is definitely elite. We have seen that we can hang with the Chiefs and actually beat them. The Bills are going to have to play a near perfect game to have a shot here. The things that give me hope on this game:

1. The Chiefs secondary can easily be picked on. If Carr can do it, then Allen can do more damage.

2. The Raiders were all over that offensive line last night. If everyone healthy, we can easily do the same as we have a much better Defensive line. 

3. You can run all over the KC defensive line. (Ok, not exactly our strength, but should be easier as KC is going to play to Josh's strength)

The rest is just going to be great football. If we win our main competition for tops in AFC is 2 games behind! Hate the wait, but Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see it the other way. The Bills are a better team. I think KC is the team that needs to play a near perfect game to have a shot.

• Agree 6

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

That's never happening...no way they would take a DB off the field to put an extra LB out there

I see it the other way. The Bills are a better team. I think KC is the team that needs to play a near perfect game to have a shot.

We need to be healthy for this one. I know we have won some games with our injured lineup. That won't be the case here. Really need to get everyone back for this one if possible.

38 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Bills have played some of their very best football at arrowhead last two times they went there and I’ll expect the same especially with a rest advantage. Biggest thing is the offense putting up points early and TDs over FGs. Pressure mahomes with 4.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

Cover Kelce and don't blitz Mahomes 

don't blitz mahomes but we need to rush him. with our current DL we have the talent to get pressure on him with 3 or 4 DL.

the delayed rush and stunt game can cause him to pop off a throw from the hip and those are getable balls.

we are built to beat this team.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, TH3 said:

Gonna be tough…Chiefs have the edge as their wins are one score games typically…they have grit

Bills at Ravens - Bills have grit as well. They usually kick the crap out of the other team so most of their wins are by two scores or more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Josh is going to have to feast on their secondary.  We cannot run the ball like Oakland.  They have a much better run blocking unit and way better RB than us.  D needs to clamp down in the redzone and get them to FG or 4th down attempts..  Hopefully Poyer suits up.

8 hours ago, gobills404 said:

It seemed like Kermit has been throwing a lot of easy goal-to-go TDs this season, so I looked into it. Average length of TD throws:

Mahomes - 7.6 yards

Allen - 26.7 yards

As I was watching the game last night, it occurred to me that if you let them inside the 20, they are so creative as to be unstoppable.  The play has to be to keep them outside the 20s.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.