Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

Massive differences between the Bills and the Raiders. Not the least of which is the amount of points the Bills will pile-up when they start rolling. They will not take the foot off the gas on offense until the game is over. This is either going to be a shootout or a blood bath.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Master of the obvious and it needs to be stated and my bad if someone has stated this before and I missed it.

The Chiefs have scored more points than the Bills (159-152) and Mahomes has thrown more TDs than Allen (15-14), which I have seen both items brought up nationally in talking points.  ( "As good as the Bills are the Chiefs have scored more points." yada, yada, yada "Allen is #2 in TD passes, but look who is #1!")

What they don't bring up is that Allen has played 2 less quarters than Mahomes through five games due to the un. merciful.  bludgeoning.  of two of the teams they played this season.

...again, through five games.

This two teams represent the super bowl champs and the afc champs. Far better than the Chefs have played 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

take the foot off the gas on offense until the game is over

This team is well past the a) "foot off gas" and b) "we've lost--give up" Syndromes. Second Half Tampa HUGE!! KC has to win the coin flip--the only thing that stops Josh is THE CLOCK.  D just needs to hold to 2 (maybe 3) FG and we win (loss Hill, gain Von makes the difference)

Edited by Since1981
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Very fitting, Josh and Mahomes and basically everyone will say nothing but great things about each other, but it always feels at points when they're playing each other that these teams really don't like each other.

There are subtle differences between the two here. The Chefs are led by a cocky kid who loves the attention and notoriety. Surrounded by a family of sycophant leeches.  The team has a few gritty players - Kelse, Jones - and some young talent Humprhy and the OL.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

My biggest concern with this matchup is coaching, I still don't trust McD against his former mentor and boss when it really matters and the 13 seconds debacle was a microsm of that.

I also wonder about the fact that Mahomes has been great his entire career with varying degrees of talent around him, while the Bills pretty much have needed to assemble a superteam just to have a chance to finally get past KC this year.

In the end the 2022 is going to be a defining season for this franchise in that we either finally climb the mountain and throw the chiefs over the side of it on the way, or the realization sets in that the Bills are always going to be 2nd fiddle to the Chiefs and Mahomes as another Brady/Pats situation manifests itself the next 15+ years.

What a b.s. post.  McD can't beat his former mentor?  LOL -- he's done it twice, both as underdogs.

Mahomes has had "varying degrees of talent" around him?  LOL again; Kelce is a generational TE and Mahomes had Hill until this season.

Please just admit you're a troll; we'll at least have some modicum of respect.  To call yourself a Bills fan and post the drivel you do is just absurd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Correct. My bad. 

It's a nit.  I take your point that we believe we've played better teams going by last year's record, but of course the counterpoint is "that was Then, this is Now".

I will say this.  KC has (I think) 4 turnovers on the year.  The Bills have 7.    We've been able to win in spite of this, and because we've been able to balance our turnovers with causing turnovers.  But the Chiefs are going to be harder to knock it away from.

So we better by damn hold on to the football this week, and not hand over 14 points with goal-line turnovers.

What I want to know is how in the hell did the Chiefs lose to the Colts?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

What a b.s. post.  McD can't beat his former mentor?  LOL -- he's done it twice, both as underdogs.

Mahomes has had "varying degrees of talent" around him?  LOL again; Kelce is a generational TE and Mahomes had Hill until this season.

Please just admit you're a troll; we'll at least have some modicum of respect.  To call yourself a Bills fan and post the drivel you do is just absurd.

Stop. Responding.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

My biggest concern with this matchup is coaching, I still don't trust McD against his former mentor and boss when it really matters and the 13 seconds debacle was a microsm of that.

I also wonder about the fact that Mahomes has been great his entire career with varying degrees of talent around him, while the Bills pretty much have needed to assemble a superteam just to have a chance to finally get past KC this year.

In the end the 2022 is going to be a defining season for this franchise in that we either finally climb the mountain and throw the chiefs over the side of it on the way, or the realization sets in that the Bills are always going to be 2nd fiddle to the Chiefs and Mahomes as another Brady/Pats situation manifests itself the next 15+ years.

Ok… so you’re a Chiefs fan, or Dolphins fan.. which one is it?

Mahomes was more polished and sat an entire season.  He has had incredible weapons since day one, and perhaps the most innovative offensive minded coach we’ve seen. Not taking anything away from Mahomes, but you must be kidding to call it ‘varying degrees of talent around him.’

Allen was widely regarded as project QB. He shouldn’t have seen the field in year one, yet he did. And for his first couple seasons, he had trash for talent around him. While the Bills have boosted their talent around Allen, they still have some significant flaws… yet Allen is the one that seems to put the team on his back despite it all. 

If the Bills lose on Sunday, it’s one loss, they’ll be fine, and it means nothing more than what the media will hype it up to be. There will be 2/3 of the season remaining after this game. Literally anything can happen. The Chiefs lost to us last season early. How did that play out for them afterward?

Gotta keep things in perspective. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

So last year week 4 our opening possessions in the first half went:

8 plays 75 yards TD

3 plays -14 yards PUNT

5 plays 75 yards TD

7 plays 62 yards FG

2 plays 68 yards TD

EOH

Last year playoffs:

13 plays 71 yards TD

9 plays 24 yards PUNT

3 plays 6 yards PUNT

7 plays 75 yards TD

I am not sure where you see them starting slow, they scored TD's on both opening drives.

There were two other games as well, so outside of the one where we won, we got out slow imo, first time we only scored 17, then afc championship we only had 15 points through 3 quarters. 

13 seconds game we had 14 points til almost the end of the 3rd Q. We need to do better, the one game we won we scored early and often

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I will say this.  KC has (I think) 4 turnovers on the year.  The Bills have 7.    We've been able to win in spite of this, and because we've been able to balance our turnovers with causing turnovers.  But the Chiefs are going to be harder to knock it away from.

So we better by damn hold on to the football this week, and not hand over 14 points with goal-line turnovers.

Four of the turnovers came against the Rams who, once the Bills stopping driving on them and then giving them the ball, did nothing while the Bills continued boatracing and ending drives in the end zone instead.

Basically the Bills have been stopped by a) weather b) turnovers c) Dorsey's short-yardage gimmickfests, but not really by any given defense. Frankly I was surprised when the Bills didn't convert 3rd-and-20 against the Steelers, just due to the recent body of work.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Very fitting, Josh and Mahomes and basically everyone will say nothing but great things about each other, but it always feels at points when they're playing each other that these teams really don't like each other.

These two teams are so close each year that home field actually matters... be nice to break our Arrowhead trend.

I feel like we have a better defensive front than years past. I have been critical of some of Frazier's defensive approaches, but one thing I can definitely say about Frazier (besides being a super nice dude) is that he usually can game plan to take away 1 or 2 players.

I do not expect Kelce to be running free all over the place as a safety blanket for Mahomes. He's gonna have to work a bit harder this game.

9 minutes ago, WideNine said:

These two teams are so close each year that home field actually matters... be nice to break our Arrowhead trend.

I feel like we have a better defensive front than years past. I have been critical of some of Frazier's defensive approaches, but one thing I can definitely say about Frazier (besides being a super nice dude) is that he usually can game plan to take away 1 or 2 players.

I do not expect Kelce to be running free all over the place as a safety blanket for Mahomes. He's gonna have to work a bit harder this game.

I think we are better than the chiefs at nearly every spot. 

I hate how folks view the Chiefs as if they are the 49ers under Montana and untouchable. This Chiefs team has blown and lost it's fair share of games. I respect what they accomplished, but they have 1 SB in the Mahomes era and have been beatable in the playoffs. For all the crap the Bills get, you could argue the Chiefs have squandered some good years.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mannc said:

The Chiefs don’t really throw the ball downfield anymore.  They are a dink and dunk team that’s going to try to put together 15-play drives.  The problem is that Mahomes is really good at that sort of football and it’s almost impossible to sack him when he’s just looking to get it out quickly in the short passing game. That could change of course if the Bills get out to a big lead, but I don’t think they will give the Bills’ pass rush time to get home very often.

The key to that is to bump the receivers at the line, be sticky in coverage.  Disrupting timing and not leaving open receivers is what stops a dink/dunk offense.  It forces the QB to hold the ball.  Also making the tackle and not allowing YAC.

The Bills need to win this game.  They are the better team. That said, the loss would probably not be as bad as I originally thought, only because the Bills should get Tre White back. If he is healthy, that is enormous.  The Bills could go into Arrowhead and win if they are healthy with Tre White.  Let's hope it is not necessary.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Youre joking right?  Mahomes walked into an already built 11-12 win team with an average QB that was in playoffs every year.  They had Hill and Kelce since starting.  Do you even take yourself seriously anymore?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Quinn and Tompsett on Cover1 both said he hasn't looked good this year.

Who ya gonna believe?😃  Josh made Clark look absolutely silly last year.  I've seen three Chiefs games this year and I thought he looked better.

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

KC just has a high gear.

We saw this against the Raiders. 

You can outplay them, but I think we all knew, once the Chiefs scored that first TD to make it 17-7, they weren't going to be stopped the rest of the night. 

Certainly at 20-10 I knew the Raiders were going to lose. 

I mean, just like our 13 seconds last season... the raiders lost due to two coaching blunders.  KC is beatable.  Just cant make many mistakes.  I think our teams are pretty even.  They were absolutely even last season.

43 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Ok… so you’re a Chiefs fan, or Dolphins fan.. which one is it?

Mahomes was more polished and sat an entire season.  He has had incredible weapons since day one, and perhaps the most innovative offensive minded coach we’ve seen. Not taking anything away from Mahomes, but you must be kidding to call it ‘varying degrees of talent around him.’

Allen was widely regarded as project QB. He shouldn’t have seen the field in year one, yet he did. And for his first couple seasons, he had trash for talent around him. While the Bills have boosted their talent around Allen, they still have some significant flaws… yet Allen is the one that seems to put the team on his back despite it all. 

If the Bills lose on Sunday, it’s one loss, they’ll be fine, and it means nothing more than what the media will hype it up to be. There will be 2/3 of the season remaining after this game. Literally anything can happen. The Chiefs lost to us last season early. How did that play out for them afterward?

Gotta keep things in perspective. 

He is an anybody but Buffalo fan.  Pretty soon he will start his talk about how the Bills can finish last place in the AFC East because Jets, Miami, Pats.

Just now, PaattMaann said:

me too...I always need more of it once I start having it 

😀  If you had a 104 million dollar contract you would probably be able to control yourself during the season.  Or hire someone to make sure you control yourself.  

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean, just like our 13 seconds last season... the raiders lost due to two coaching blunders.  KC is beatable.  Just cant make many mistakes.  I think our teams are pretty even.  They were absolutely even last season.

We go to the Super Bowl last year if we squib that final kick, and play press man at the line. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I think we are better than the chiefs at nearly every spot. 

I hate how folks view the Chiefs as if they are the 49ers under Montana and untouchable. This Chiefs team has blown and lost it's fair share of games. I respect what they accomplished, but they have 1 SB in the Mahomes era and have been beatable in the playoffs. For all the crap the Bills get, you could argue the Chiefs have squandered some good years.

Sure, I feel that way too. Also, we can always "say" we are better, but the only thing that matters is what is on the scoreboard at the end.

Those feel good team stats, style points and such all take a back seat to just pulling out the Ws. 

I like our odds, but saying we are better than KC is meaningless. The Bills have to go out and make a statement and prove they are the better team.

Don't blink :)

Go Bills.... Can't wait for the weekend.  Damn, I am so not into my job today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If this is the illness from the game, he's been sick for 4 days?

Yeah...  sure makes you wonder what "sickness" means in this case?  Could he be spreading something to team mates?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.