Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Nineforty said:

I'm all in on the honesty but I still was shocked we didn't get something like, "well we don't have the rings yet to put myself in that conversation".  

I think he knows that while that’s certainly his main goal, his play at the position has been worthy regardless 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think he knows that while that’s certainly his main goal, his play at the position has been worthy regardless 

as the great Justin Randall Timberlake crooned,

Now it might sound cocky
But is it really cocky if you know that it's true?

I do think a key in this game is Isaiah McKenzie and Kahlil Shakir on the field at the same time, working underneath routes. 

I think the Bills need a 2020 game plan, with more 4-wide/empty set formations. 

I never know exactly how good the Chiefs corners are, but the way the games have played it hasn't mattered. Their offense just outscores everyone, so even if they are middle of the road, it doesn't matter. 

On the Chiefs side, with no Tyreek Hill, teams are trying to play more man against the Chiefs allowing some more aggressive fronts. The Chiefs constantly are in 3rd-3, 4, 5 and with Hardman, Schuster, Scandling and Moore, it's hard to cover all of them, so they possess the ball longer. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Felt more like, hell no I'm not giving him anything more he's a pain in the ass already.

Yeah Brandt also did not pick up on it but I think that's what Josh meant, that's why he laughed as he said it.

Edited by 2020 Our Year For Sure

1 hour ago, LVGrown said:

I cringed when I read his quote. 

Me too. I mean there’s nothing wrong about what he said on its face. It just gives you a little window into who the person is inside. I want my QB to be cocky on the field - and Josh is, but I believe he has some humility too. No one would turn down having a great QB on their favorite team and I’d be no different with Mahomes. I just like Josh better on the field and his personality. Mahomes has to make himself the center of attention, even when paying another player a compliment - he brings it back to himself . I get the impression he feels compelled to outdo Josh week by week with TD #s etc. etc. It just makes Josh an even easier guy to root for and Im glad he’s the Bills QB. 

• Agree 1

At this point why not just run limited practices?

But seriously, Edmunds poyer and Knox all practicing after not practicing at all last week is a good sign. Hopefully they are all ready to go and the new injuries (Elam, Jones) are nothing major. 

Edited by Process

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I do think a key in this game is Isaiah McKenzie and Kahlil Shakir on the field at the same time, working underneath routes. 

I think the Bills need a 2020 game plan, with more 4-wide/empty set formations. 

I never know exactly how good the Chiefs corners are, but the way the games have played it hasn't mattered. Their offense just outscores everyone, so even if they are middle of the road, it doesn't matter. 

On the Chiefs side, with no Tyreek Hill, teams are trying to play more man against the Chiefs allowing some more aggressive fronts. The Chiefs constantly are in 3rd-3, 4, 5 and with Hardman, Schuster, Scandling and Moore, it's hard to cover all of them, so they possess the ball longer. 

Might sound crazy given the stats but I don’t think the kc offense is quite nearly as good as last season…it’s really all been Kelce and the wrs haven’t looked particularly great.  Both offensive tackles looked pretty rough against the raiders too.  

Chiefs defense seems to rely on a lot of handsy-ness in the secondary still and I doubt we’ll see many flags in a game like this 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Might sound crazy given the stats but I don’t think the kc offense is quite nearly as good as last season…it’s really all been Kelce and the wrs haven’t looked particularly great.  Both offensive tackles looked pretty rough against the raiders too.  

Chiefs defense seems to rely on a lot of handsy-ness in the secondary still and I doubt we’ll see many flags in a game like this 

All the analysts go up and down like a roller-coaster, after Week 1 it was they don't miss Hill at all, after the Colts, it was they need him badly and so on. 

Currently, the analysts are in agreement that the Chiefs are better than ever. 

I haven't bought this because we know Hill is a proven Playoff player. Schuster, Scantling, Hardman, Moore are not. And I would maintain that Smith-Schuster has never been the same since the bad Cleveland concussion. 

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Don't think Josh has to prove anything any longer. He clearly is heading to the Hall of Fame, even if he unfortunately does not deliver a Super Bowl to Buffalo.  Allen and Mahomes are obviously the top 2 quarterbacks in the NFL.  Even Rodgers and Brady are no longer in their category.

josh has to prove it to himself. go see his comments after any game, win or lose.

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Don't think Josh has to prove anything any longer. He clearly is heading to the Hall of Fame, even if he unfortunately does not deliver a Super Bowl to Buffalo.  Allen and Mahomes are obviously the top 2 quarterbacks in the NFL.  Even Rodgers and Brady are no longer in their category.

I bet Josh feels he needs to deliver a Lombardi to WNY. If he keeps going like this and there is no reason to think he won't then he will definitely be in the HOF. I don't want to see his career end up like Marino or Kelly sad as it is to say that about #12. For our (fans) sakes we need a Super Bowl championship.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

All the analysts go up and down like a roller-coaster, after Week 1 it was they don't miss Hill at all, after the Colts, it was they need him badly and so on. 

Currently, the analysts are in agreement that the Chiefs are better than ever. 

I haven't bought this because we know Hill is a proven Playoff player. Schuster, Scantling, Hardman, Moore are not. And I would maintain that Smith-Schuster has never been the same since the bad Cleveland concussion. 

You can't replace Tyreke Hill with MVS. Yes JuJu is a mild upgrade over Mecole Hardman but it's dwarfed by the drop off from Tyreke to MVS. 

Right now, the Chiefs don't have a deep threat that would worry the Bills. They'll be able to put more resources into flooding the intermediate to contain Kelce and JuJu while daring MVS to beat them deep.

They're not as good of an offense as last year, and I'm gonna guess DCs will tell you that as well - even as their defenses get roasted

• Like (+1) 2

I view this game with apprehension.  The Bills need to win this game.   KC can lose and still live in the heads of the Bills team.  Red Zone issues, sloppy play and injuries are a real concern.  Other than that, the offense is ready to explode.  If they exploit the KC pass defense it will be a high scoring game.  Last team with the ball wins type.   I will miss this game (prior commitment) so I look forward to watching the recording Monday morning.   GO BILLS

50 minutes ago, appoo said:

You can't replace Tyreke Hill with MVS. Yes JuJu is a mild upgrade over Mecole Hardman but it's dwarfed by the drop off from Tyreke to MVS. 

Right now, the Chiefs don't have a deep threat that would worry the Bills. They'll be able to put more resources into flooding the intermediate to contain Kelce and JuJu while daring MVS to beat them deep.

They're not as good of an offense as last year, and I'm gonna guess DCs will tell you that as well - even as their defenses get roasted

I've seen all their games.  To me, their offense has actually looked more dangerous and explosive than before, even with the massive loss of Hill.

I thought that would really impact KC this year, and it hasn't at all.

Fenton DNP could be a big one for them even tho he is terrible...brings up the next CB

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I've seen all their games.  To me, their offense has actually looked more dangerous and explosive than before, even with the massive loss of Hill.

A lot more dink and dunk than explosive plays tho 

• Like (+1) 1

67 and sunny with light winds for game.  Bills are pretty healthy.  No excuses.  Time to take care of business and make a major move towards getting that #1 seed.  Bills look unbeatable at home this year.   Bills have outscored opponents in two home games 79-10.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

josh has to prove it to himself. go see his comments after any game, win or lose.

Josh beat KC (on the road) in the regular season by a wide margin with a good performance. Beating KC in the regular season won’t expel the questions.

Josh simply has to get it done in the playoffs in order to silence any doubt. Similar to how Peyton Manning was great and broke all the records but had the rep that he couldn’t win the big games. 

I think KC and Philly are the only teams with rosters remotely competitive to the Bills so it will be interesting to see how the Bills stack up against the best roster they likely will play all year. 

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

67 and sunny with light winds for game.  Bills are pretty healthy.  No excuses.  Time to take care of business and make a major move towards getting that #1 seed.  Bills look unbeatable at home this year.   Bills have outscored opponents in two home games 79-10.

There are only 3 key players (that are not on IR) that will be in doubt injury wise. Knox, Poyer and Edumonds. I think at least 1-2 will play which leaves the team with a reasonable amount of injuries and a roster that’s pretty close to full force.

I think this is the game the Dline has to show up and dominate. This is among the top 3 Olines in the NFL. The Chiefs invested a lot into that unit both with big contracts and draft picks. 

The Bills Dline has added Von a huge free agency addition and has seen a pair of first round picks and a pair of second round picks invested into it and they brought back Shaq and Phillips for depth and brought in on moderate contracts D Jones and Settle to get bigger up the middle and more stout.

The Dline needs to show up and show out in this game.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Is it just because they just sprinkle out Hill’s targets?

And let’s be honest, the players they replaced him whether are professional players, not nobodies, and they distribute more to running backs.

In some respects I can see them being harder to defend because they’ll always be in 3rd and short, and they’ve depended their roster.

This week won’t be a true test with no White and Benford. 

But Hill is a HOFer, and we know the Playoffs are even more about playmaking.

What I still have not seen from the Bills is a consistent pass rush.

Others may disagree but it comes down to this: the bills added Von Miller and the Chiefs exchanged Tyreek Hill for ValdesScantling and SmithShuster. You tell me - would the chiefs have won 42-36? I think it would have been a more lopsided win for the bills - similar to that of the regular season when they played the chiefs on SNF last year. 

• Like (+1) 2

I really wish someone would respond to the "13 seconds" questions with "well maybe next time we'll just give up at the half so we don't disappoint you again".  Really getting old hearing about it, even from our own media.

Like why the hell ask Miller the question even?

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Others may disagree but it comes down to this: the bills added Von Miller and the Chiefs exchanged Tyreek Hill for ValdesScantling and SmithShuster. You tell me - would the chiefs have won 42-36? I think it would have been a more lopsided win for the bills - similar to that of the regular season when they played the chiefs on SNF last year. 

If I see the Bills getting real pass rush in this game. 

Like Brady, you just rarely see Mahomes be terrorized. 

I just don’t see that enough from Buffalo. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.