Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I want the win definitely, but what I really would like to see is a total domination by the Bills defense. I'm tired of hearing about the Cowboys and Niners. Give our boys some love!! They're shutting down teams with reserves. 

i think a lot of that has to do with us having Allen gobbling up a lot of the praise.... But i have to admit i've been a bit surprised by the lack of national talk surrounding our defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

i think a lot of that has to do with us having Allen gobbling up a lot of the praise.... But i have to admit i've been a bit surprised by the lack of national talk surrounding our defense.

I think they're seen like last year, they're dominant, can they stop the Chiefs? 

The media anymore is so focused on the Top 1-2 Quarterbacks, off the field drama stories, and trying their hardest to make a QB controversy between Dak and Cooper Rush.

Nothing else rates. 

11 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Losing the William Cody part of the team's branding would have almost ZERO impact on how we think about or root for the team. And it's not like you have to stop using the Shout song or other such rituals. It's just that it's kind of dumb and a bit terrible to have a decorated Bison "hunter" and Indian fighter be the namesake of a Billion-dollar team. Those were not noble pursuits, in retrospect. 

I'm not saying we NEED to do this. I don't even WANT us to. But if we did, I'm good with that, too. 

We're in agreement. 

But it's not like there weren't wars between the US Government and American Indians...there were. And it's not like Bill Cody was in any way unique in hunting Bisons. So, to me, disparaging an individual who was part of an entire era seems silly. But I digress...it is what it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I dunno, if you catch all the Bills highlights on all the morning sports shows they regularly bring up the insane defensive stats like scoreless 3rd quarter. Only 7 points after half. Biggest point differential etc. 

SF and Dallas are getting more praise because those defensives are literally carrying those teams, but everyone in sports knows that the Bills defense is no ***** joke. 

Edited by uninja

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Looks like great injury news possibly for the Bills...seems like Taiwan Jones and Jake Kumerow are the only two players who are not practicing in some capacity.  McKenzie has been cleared from Concussion protocol.

We will see how the backup gunners play this week.  I expect the Chiefs to punt at least 5 times.

Just a note about availability.  Jones is in his 5th season with Bills and has had only 1 injury free year.

54 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Little media and NFL push to celebrate defensive greatness in my opinion.  No buzz like with the Steel Curtin, '85 Bears, Bermuda Triangle, etc.   Probably doesn't sell or play well with the casual highlight loving fan.  Anyone can digest a long pass or run and keep their dopamine flowing.  Defensive stops? Not so much unless there is an interception or forced fumble involved.  Plus, there is little promise you'll see the brutal head-hunting hits of the past.

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

See, I could never see Josh saying "the other great quarterbacks." He would not call himself great.

Mahomes sits on his own heir and i don't see him trying to prove himself the same way Josh must every single play.

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

See, I could never see Josh saying "the other great quarterbacks." He would not call himself great.

Mahomes sits on his own heir and i don't see him trying to prove himself the same way Josh must every single play.

Josh literally said on that podcast with Kyle Brandt how he had a surreal moment with how him and Mahomes was becoming one of the big rivalries like the ones in the past, Josh does seem to try and stay humble...but he's not an idiot.

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I cringed when I read his quote. 

• Eyeroll 2

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

You can tell that Josh is still a bit uneasy about his stardom. Kyle Brandt asked him yesterday what traits that he would take from mahomes if he could. He said his crazy arm angles that he uses. Then Brandt asked him what he thought Mahomes would take from him. Josh said nothing, that Mahomes doesn’t need any of his skill set. Brandt added that he thought Josh’s size and running ability might be something and he declined again to say mahomes could use of his. He’s genuinely so humble. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

You can tell that Josh is still a bit uneasy about his stardom. Kyle Brandt asked him yesterday what traits that he would take from mahomes if he could. He said his crazy arm angles that he uses. Then Brandt asked him what he thought Mahomes would take from him. Josh said nothing, that Mahomes doesn’t need any of his skill set. Brandt added that he thought Josh’s running ability might be something and he declined again to say mahomes could use of his. He’s genuinely so humble. 

Felt more like, hell no I'm not giving him anything more he's a pain in the ass already.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Don't think Josh has to prove anything any longer. He clearly is heading to the Hall of Fame, even if he unfortunately does not deliver a Super Bowl to Buffalo.  Allen and Mahomes are obviously the top 2 quarterbacks in the NFL.  Even Rodgers and Brady are no longer in their category.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Ok some brake pumping on this right here is needed. Jets are getting better because why exactly? Fully healthy with who we have that isn't on IR, neither the Dolphins or Jets are even in the same stratosphere as the Bills are. The Jets have yet to play any team that isn't terribly banged up and the Dolphins have a massive QB problem on their hands. Yes, Tua has shown good things, but the one thing that separates him from Josh and just about every other QB in the league is that he can't stay healthy. Best ability is availability applies here. I respect Tua and think he's a great kid, but if he can't take hits, what's he's done up to this point doesn't matter if his lack of consistency is attributed to his inability to stay on the field.

Are you really trying to say that the jets aren’t “better”?

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Yesterday on Kyle Brandt's basement show thingy, they asked Allen something along the lines of do you ever sit back and realize that you and Mahomes are essentially the next Manning/Brady rivalry and how fans look forward to these games and kids will grow up looking to these two... and I expected the "canned" answer ....

BUT, he surprised me and gave an honest answer, stating that he thought about it that very day in fact. I know it's not the same as calling himself great, but it was an acknowledgement I was not expecting, nonetheless. And I don't have a problem with it. 

11:05 mark...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbE4TtE09U

1 minute ago, Nineforty said:

Yesterday on Kyle Brandt's basement show thingy, they asked Allen something along the lines of do you ever sit back and realize that you and Mahomes are essentially the next Manning/Brady rivalry and how fans look forward to these games and kids will grow up looking to these two... and I expected the "canned" answer ....

BUT, he surprised me and gave an honest answer, stating that he thought about it that very day in fact. I know it's not the same as calling himself great, but it was an acknowledgement I was not expecting, nonetheless. And I don't have a problem with it. 

11:05 mark...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbE4TtE09U

There really isn't anything wrong with it, you'd have to question his intelligence if he wasn't aware that he's considered one of the best in the league right now. He hasn't appeared to become an ####### about it, and it certainly hasn't affected his play.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

There really isn't anything wrong with it, you'd have to question his intelligence if he wasn't aware that he's considered one of the best in the league right now. He hasn't appeared to become an ####### about it, and it certainly hasn't affected his play.

IMO, all the hype and stardom doesn’t sink in until you win a Super Bowl.  Until that day... I’m sure he feels he still has a lot to prove.  ...and in many ways, he does. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I'm all in on the honesty but I still was shocked we didn't get something like, "well we don't have the rings yet to put myself in that conversation".  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.