Finding an alternative to Case Keenum

Einstein

22 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Great win by the Bills! Seeing Keenum again brought about some reminders of his play.

This is the second blowout where Josh Allen moved the offense at will, then Keenum comes in and looks totally lost. Can barely get a first down. Doesn’t score at all.

Here are the Keenum led drives:

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

End of game

Barkley at least could move the offense a little bit after coming in from 2018 to 2020. Even won a game starting. No, he wasn’t great - i’m not making that argument.

Here is my question: Does anyone have confidence that Keenum can win a game if he ever needed to? 

I’ll agree here. It would nice if the back porch QB didn’t throw easy completions in the dirt. But the reality is who’s out there?

23 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Great win by the Bills! Seeing Keenum again brought about some reminders of his play.

This is the second blowout where Josh Allen moved the offense at will, then Keenum comes in and looks totally lost. Can barely get a first down. Doesn’t score at all.

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

End of game

Barkley at least could move the offense a little bit after coming in from 2018 to 2020. Even won a game starting. No, he wasn’t great - i’m not making that argument.

Here is my question: Does anyone have confidence that Keenum can win a game if he ever needed to? 

You DO know he is out there in garbage time with 2nd and 3rd stringers?

I can think of someone else we could stand an alternative to…, 

Go Bills!!!

We could have Skylar Thompson out there?? 
Josh Dobbs?? 
Can’t be deep all over. At least Keenum has experience to get the play in and get everyone set to the line. The experience to understand the playbook. I’m not worried about his throws to tanner gentry in blowout time. 
If there’s some wind I wouldn’t expect Keenum to be accurate father than 10 yards anyways. 

18 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Trubisky was a solid back up. 

People were saying the same stuff about Tribusky last year.  Most backup QBs are roughly the same skill level.  Doesnt really matter which one you have.  You pray they never have to see the field.  If they do have to see the field you just hope they limit mistakes and that the team as a whole can pull out some wins while they are there.

48 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

End of game

make a threat that carries the expectations of your name please.

59 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

End of game

You have to be related to Debbie Downer, right? 😂

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

This thread is definitely in poor taste. But I understand where your coming from. I fully expect either Trubisky or Darnold to be in Buffalo and backing up Allen in 23. I don’t see us keeping Keenum

I really think our biggest problems are the backups to Reid Ferguson, Tyler Bass, and Sam what’s his name as he never is on the field.  Einstein you are not, Einstein.  Please go to NFL for kids to learn the most basic strategies about eating clock.  I’m only commenting as it’s one of the dumbest comments to take a team winning by 35, just eating clock, and this is you’re gripe.  

You know that key grip guy backup in the last Tom Hanks, movie, well you have to wonder?  🏈😇🦬🏋️♀️🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

End of game

I have no confidence in you.  You are an a-hole for the ages.  Congrats.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/19/2022 at 10:53 AM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Because it is the NFL, any team can beat any team.

23 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He'll be available before too long.

Trubisky did not show anything as a backup. He has not proven to be able to win with a game with this offense. 

Josh Allen is very important. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.