Bills cuts

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Is there a summary page with all of the Bills cuts to date? NFL.com seems a bit behind and this thread is going wayward.

Was Hodgins cut?

So far the bubble guys cut I saw were Austin/ Howard and Duke Johnson

certain media is reporting Hodgins is cut yes. 

As far as a summary, I’d just wait until the 4pm deadline and it’ll be summarized here and elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills were not rated #1 in the league in any regular season offensive statistic…. What are you talking about?

We were 3rd in the entire league in scoring when we won 7 games by 3 scores or more.  We had back ups playing in several games early in the 4th quarter.

We won every game by double digits.  We took our foot off the gas.  

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Appearing something like:

QB - Allen, Keenum

RB - Singletary, Moss, Cook, Jones

FB - Gilliam

WR - Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Crowder, Shakir, Kumerow

TE - Knox, Sweeney, Morris

OT - Dawkins, Quessenberry, Brown

G - Saffold, Bates, Hart, Van Roten

C - Morse

DE - Miller, Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, Lawson

DT - Oliver, Jones, Settle, Phillips

LB - Edmunds, Milano, Dodson, Bernard, Matakevich, Spector

CB - Jackson, Johnson, Elam, Benford, Neal, Lewis

S - Hyde, Poyer, Johnson, Hamlin. McCloud

ST - Ferguson, Bass, X

Guessing White, Doyle, Mancz, and Stevenson to injured list(s) and Smith suspended obviously.

Thanks for the list.  I am not so sure OBD keeps 11 DBs on the 53 man roster as none could move to IR temporarily.

I'd reduce that by one and add that spot to the Oline as you have only 8.  Have to believe Mancz makes it over Van Roten and Doyle stays with the 53

51 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I watched preseason and Lindstrom was horrible. You are going off his college name brand which appeared to not to have panned out. He looked like Tenuta. 

That's fair. And I generally am. But he'd be replacing Hart or Van Roten, so....

6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Is there a summary page with all of the Bills cuts to date? NFL.com seems a bit behind and this thread is going wayward.

Was Hodgins cut?

So far the bubble guys cut I saw were Austin/ Howard and Duke Johnson

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/241557-bills-cuts/page/32/#comment-7848066

I've been trying to keep it up-to-date

I believe we are down to awaiting 1 cut plus 2 veteran "placeholder" cuts

It might be an injury settlement for Mancz

• Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Thanks for the list.  I am not so sure OBD keeps 11 DBs on the 53 man roster as none could move to IR temporarily.

I'd reduce that by one and add that spot to the Oline as you have only 8.  Have to believe Mancz makes it over Van Roten and Doyle stays with the 53

Generally agree. I only have Mancz and Doyle off the initial 53 for injury considerations. McCloud is the last roster spot and probably wouldn't survive until the opener if Mancz/Doyle is ready or if in the likely event they sign somebody else. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Jistafan said:

Can someone explain the Bills fascination with Taiwan Jones? He’s a one demential player on special teams. He’s got little use as running back and Beane continues to talk about versatility, can’t figure out why he’s still here

We should start a thread about it I don’t think it’s been covered 

• Haha (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Matt Parino Twitter identified 55 people at practice .. includeds Andre Smith who will be suspended and matt barkley (who is still likely to be cut) and not Tre White - likely PUP

So they need to account for a few players still on the roster, not observed at practice

Think that's Tre ' White (could go on reserve/PUP), Greg Mancz (injury settlement? or in-season IR?), Eli Ankou (said to be negotiating injury settlement), and Marquez Stevenson (could get injury settlement or someone cut and resigned to put him on in-season IR.

Also unknown is whether Morris, Doyle, and McKenzie are injured badly enough to miss games.  9 days!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jistafan said:

Can someone explain the Bills fascination with Taiwan Jones? He’s a one demential player on special teams. He’s got little use as running back and Beane continues to talk about versatility, can’t figure out why he’s still here

I think he made McD's favorite play in all of football, trying to avoid a safety while helmetless:

https://youtu.be/9KAtMVk9xEo

Okay admittedly I don't know what Jones scored on the Wonderlic, but he doesn't have dementia. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The same reason the Pats keep Matthew Slater.  Special teams aces.  You saw our coverage against the Broncos without Jones, Neal, Matakavech, and Kumerow.  It was pitiful.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jistafan said:

We let him go once and he made the game changing play against us in a playoff game when he was in Houston. So we vowed for that to never happen again ;)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

What….not who genius.  In case you forgot we play at home, in Orchard Park, and the weather is more often unfavorable than favorable for throwing the football.  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

And if you didn’t notice, I was talking about different variables having an effect on teams seasons.  Refs, coin flips, injuries, weather, coaching decisions….. the SB winner isn’t solely decided on what the FO did in the offseason.   Multiple teams’ front offices did a good enough job to put their teams in position to win the SB based on their roster….. not one.   That’s my only point

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I believe they had 3 possessions after that and did absolutely nothing with the ball. … I never understood why people thought that INT would’ve sealed it for the Niners. There was plenty of game left and like I said, they did jack squat the rest of the way. 

And the rams could only muster a FG…. That FG would’ve put the game into OT.  

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

What….not who genius.  In case you forgot we play at home, in Orchard Park, and the weather is more often unfavorable than favorable for throwing the football.  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

@GunnerBill is suggesting that ONLY the rams FO did enough last offseason to put their team in position to win a super bowl.  I think that’s incorrect.  Do you agree with GB?  Or do you think that multiple teams were in position to win the SB with the rosters they had, but just didn’t get it done for various reasons?

Edited by NewEra

11 minutes ago, Jistafan said:

Id have no issue with Jones if they occasionally used him on offense. The guy has speed. They never even let him touch the ball in the preseason. Put him out there and see what he can do. STs is nowhere near important enough in this era to have a guy that’s strictly a gunner. Get him involved in the rotation at RB a little. It’s not as if you are stacked with studs there. The only guys on my team that are ST only would be K/P/LS. If you can’t at least occasionally see the field in a real position (even in garbage time) then I’m cutting you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.