Bills cuts

Chandler#81

55 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Saying a guy doesn’t fit the culture based on assuming something is pretty sad. Did it ever occur to you thats just how he might be?  What?  He doesn’t fit the “culture” because he’s laid back?  Wow…carry on…

Marshawn Lynch was "laid back".  never liked him either.  Chemistry.  Strong, ethical , good players.  Too idealistic?

• Eyeroll 2

Just now, Beast said:

They could always bring someone in if they feel the need to. In fact, I see the Bills going all in this season. I believe we could see another veteran WR and CB brought in.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Davis explode this season (would any of us be shocked?) and add Diggs, Knox, Shakir, Hodgins, Crowder, Cook and Motor in...to me it appears the Bills offense if loaded for bear.

I have no worries about the offense with the exception of significant injuries happening.

If our big 3 - Diggs, Davis and Knox stay healthy we will be fine. If one of the others truly breaks out we will be fine. If neither of those occur that is where I worry a tad. 

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

anybody else not sold on Cook?  gotta keep him given his draft position but doesn't seem to have the Bills "culture" Beane spoke of.

No. I am very sold on him and can't wait to see him in action.  My friends who are Dawgs fans, have nothing but great things to say about him, and several of them are joining Bills Mafia, just because he is here.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd hold fire on the other stuff all being awesome until we have played some games that matter. Not saying I don't think there were some good moves, I do, but we need to let it play out. What it doesn't trump is a very impressive overall resume as the Bills GM. But in terms of "taking lots of Ls recently" it has been a bad week. No question about it. 

And again, I'm just not a fan of hyperbole.  The poster I commented about is acquiring a reputation.  I don't think it's awful to call him out on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd say he had an open goal to be TE2. And like Diana Ross at the opening ceremony to World Cup '94, he missed. At least she had footwear related excuses. 

Obscure reference of the day week month year decade century who knows how long.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This past week has been one of the worst of Beane's GM reign. And I 100% bet he would tell you that himself in private. Had to trade a guy he invested a 2nd rounder and a trade up in for a 5th, with him publicly admitting he got the character and talent evaluation wrong. Had to cut a drafted punter after it transpired there was an outstanding off field incident that the Bills were not aware of (not blaming him, just setting out the facts) and then he has to cut a guy he gave a 1 year contract and kicked the cap can down the road with a dummy year for this past March, his biggest offseason offensive weapon acquisition because he couldn't beat out a 2nd year UDFA and Tommy freaking Sweeney. 

I am not putting Beane on the hotseat or anything ridiculous like that but this has been one of his worst weeks and he would tell you that himself. One of the things I like the most about Beane is when he screws up he very publicly owns it. He owns his mistakes while people on here defend them. 

Getting rid of Ford for a 5th should count toward it being a GOOD week.  We have already lived through the "bad" on that deal.

Agree on the Araiza situation and OJ Howard miss.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, eball said:

Did I say that?  I honestly don't remember.  If I did, it was (a) before the Panthers announced they would play their starters, and (b) because betting the overs in preseason is almost always a good call.

I'll stand by my predictions over the past five years with no apologies or regrets whatsoever.  You're the one who should be hiding his face around here.

Yeah you blurted that prediction out.........and you have no recollection whatsoever.

You really gotta' go easy on the liquid peanut butter before 4pm.

So are you standing by your prediction that McBeane weren't worth re-upping your 26 year season tickets for or does that bold take fall out of your 5 year window of no regrets or apologies whatsoever? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

How many players will the Giants claim? Over under is 1.5

Doesn’t count in this scenario but I would expect they’re on the phone with Howard’s agent as well. Giants have probably the worst tight end room in the league 

10 minutes ago, eball said:

And those incidents you lay out still do not trump what appears to be an awesome draft and the other FA acquisitions made this offseason.  You want to say he had a bad week, fine -- in the grand scheme of things it's a blip.

Here's the worst week of our GM's career:

• Got a draft asset for a guy who was about to be cut anyway.
  • Had to dump a 6th round pick thanks to an allegation that nobody else knew about either when said player was drafted.
  • Ate a modest cap hit after rolling snake-eyes on a guy they signed to a "prove it" deal.

This is the guy who drafted our franchise QB, traded for a stud WR, signed a HOF edge rusher, and also got us guys like Knox, Morse, Motor, Davis, Oliver, Milano, Tre, Poyer, and Hyde.  And lets toss Bass in there too because why not -- he's a keeper.  

GM's a bum obvs.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Chuck Schick said:

Getting rid of Ford for a 5th should count toward it being a GOOD week.  We have already lived through the "bad" on that deal.

Agree on the Araiza situation and OJ Howard miss.

It's less the getting rid of him that makes it a bad week and more the reason why. Beane had to accept publicly it wasn't just a talent misevualuation which happens to us all but that they got the intangibles wrong and that is something we know this regime puts great store in. And this came days after their OL leader and 'captain' of sorts called Ford out publicly too. 

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Here's the worst week of our GM's career:

• Got a draft asset for a guy who was about to be cut anyway.
  • Had to dump a 6th round pick thanks to an allegation that nobody else knew about either when said player was drafted.
  • Ate a modest cap hit after rolling snake-eyes on a guy they signed to a "prove it" deal.

This is the guy who drafted our franchise QB, traded for a stud WR, signed a HOF edge rusher, and also got us guys like Knox, Morse, Motor, Davis, Oliver, Milano, Tre, Poyer, and Hyde.  And lets toss Bass in there too because why not -- he's a keeper.  

GM's a bum obvs.

Nobody was arguing that Beane is a bum. Nobody at all. Way to knock down a straw man. Beane is a very good GM. But the poster was ridiculing the suggestion he has taken some Ls recently. He unquestionably has. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I have a question. Does the order of the so far announced cuts (stating they are hopefully to be added to the practice squad if not signed elsewhere) does that have any relevance? Are they releasing said hope to be practice squaded players early for a reason?

Edited by muppy

The biggest shocker to me so far is Josh Thomas coming so early (as in yesterday). He had a really nice pre-season last year, they didn't bring in a single safety all offseason so I thought his spot as S#5 on the PS was safe... maybe it is. But I was shocked he was cut before certain other guys. Admittedly he has flashed less this pre-season so maybe the Bills feel he has plateaued? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.