Bills cuts

Chandler#81

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Oh come on. I call it like I see it unlike many here who consistently convince themselves the Bills are great in every aspect…I’be consistently said Allen is easily a top 3 QB and him not even top 10 in the top 100 is a complete joke. 

They should easily win the division and have a SB caliber roster no question, but this season is about winning the Super bowl and they have some holes on the roster that many here have questioned why they didn’t do more. 

You said it yourself, a Super Bowl caliber roster.  It seems you feel they should be great at every positional unit.  

If you put more money in one place, another place won't have as much.  

If the Bills put a lot more into WR depth, you would complain about another unit not being as strong.  

You feel the only way to beat the Chiefs is you have to win a shoot out.  But both the Bengals and Bucs beat them with defense in the AFCCG and Super Bowl.  

Any time you bring up the Bills great roster, you only talk about Allen.  You've said multiple times that "Allen carries this whole team" so how are they a Super Bowl roster like you said they are?  You don't want to give credit to Beane building a Super Bowl roster, you want to focus on what you think he didn't do.  

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

This is a horrible take. Freddy was the best running back in the NFL during the 2011 season (at least). Marshawn asked to be traded because he knew FJ was better.

This is not true.  MJD had 1600 yards rushing and nearly 2000 yards from scrimmage that year .  Ray Rice had over 1300 rushing and over 2000 yards from scrimmage.  There were several RBs that were better than Fred Jackson in 2011.    

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Again with the hyperbole.  He had a rough week.  One bad draft pick he got something for three years later, another bad draft pick he had to cut for reasons out of his control, and a 1-year FA signing that didn't pan out.

Why do some insist upon acting as though this is a disaster?

Because they're drama queens to be quite honest.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

For sure.  Our biggest defensive need was an edge rusher who can finish.  We didn't do anything there about it.

Those Settle, Jones, Crowder, Ques, Saffold signings and the rest of his draft picks sucked too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

This is a horrible take. Freddy was the best running back in the NFL during the 2011 season (at least). Marshawn asked to be traded because he knew FJ was better.

Marshawn asked to be traded because the Bills drafted Spiller in the 1st round and cut his playing time.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If the Bills put a lot more into WR depth, you would complain about another unit not being as strong.  

I would like to think I have at least presented my alternative world as to what I might have done. One fewer well paid DT and that contract going on offense. Three well paid vet DTs plus running with Ankou or Byant (both of whom I think can play as backend of the roster NFL players) as a cheaper 4th option would have been the sacrifice I'd have made. The Bills made a different decision, I understand their thinking, but I think it is fair to say "not sure that's what I'd have done, let's see how it plays out." 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They lost Daboll and Sanders too. May not be enough to worry but certainly enough to be concerned. 

I think losing Daboll might be a net positive in the long run.  While I can appreciate what he did for the team he would have streaks of really bizarre feeling playcalls.  I'll miss all the trick plays though.  

Sanders to me is a shrug.  He had a couple good games but basically disappeared. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Oh come on. I call it like I see it unlike many here who consistently convince themselves the Bills are great in every aspect…I’be consistently said Allen is easily a top 3 QB and him not even top 10 in the top 100 is a complete joke. 

They should easily win the division and have a SB caliber roster no question, but this season is about winning the Super bowl and they have some holes on the roster that many here have questioned why they didn’t do more. 

Why.., Do you think all starting level player league wide want to play for the Bills? Its a two way street, 

there is a difference between saying i wish we had better back ups, or starters here and there, and the incessant non stop harping about it, all teams have primarily jags as backups, why don’t you grasp this, its not solely a Bills issue, its league wide.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.