Bills cuts

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, muppy said:

I have a question. Does the order of the so far announced cuts (stating they are hopefully to be added to the practice squad if not signed elsewhere) does that have any relevance? Are they releasing said hope to be practice squaded players early for a reason?

I don’t think there’s any real rhyme or reason to it. Probably just a communication thing with the order they go 

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Blow Up Burn GIF by Kev Lavery

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Thought there might be a chance they kept Bryant and waived Settle.  Bryant looked pretty good.  But we have a team now where we wind up cutting good players that belong in the league.

Settle?  No way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Is it really fair to expect Allen to play as ridiculous as he did last year in the playoffs every year as well? 

He picked up everyone… specifically the offensive line that was failing in front of him. 

I can think of 258 million reasons why it's fair to expect that...

58 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I was getting the impression Howard’s heart wasn’t into playing football for a living.

It was kinda sad honestly in the Panthers game seeing him thrown out there on the KR team into the 4th Q

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It's less the getting rid of him that makes it a bad week and more the reason why. Beane had to accept publicly it wasn't just a talent misevualuation which happens to us all but that they got the intangibles wrong and that is something we know this regime puts great store in. And this came days after their OL leader and 'captain' of sorts called Ford out publicly too. 

Can you summarize what was said by Dawkins about Ford? I’ve heard about that on the board, but was never able to find a quote online. It certainly seems bad for Ford if teammates feel the need to publicly shame him.

9 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Here's the worst week of our GM's career:

• Got a draft asset for a guy who was about to be cut anyway.
  • Had to dump a 6th round pick thanks to an allegation that nobody else knew about either when said player was drafted.
  • Ate a modest cap hit after rolling snake-eyes on a guy they signed to a "prove it" deal.

This is the guy who drafted our franchise QB, traded for a stud WR, signed a HOF edge rusher, and also got us guys like Knox, Morse, Motor, Davis, Oliver, Milano, Tre, Poyer, and Hyde.  And lets toss Bass in there too because why not -- he's a keeper.  

GM's a bum obvs.

From a football point of view, it's a bummer to lose Araiza. We're talking somebody who would have Bills fans walking around in a punter's jersey if he stayed. Generational leg. 

But it is what it is. At the end of the day, we lucked out that of all positions, it was the punter position. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.