Bills cuts

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He’s still better than Sweeney who is hot garbage… can’t believe he’s still on the team.

It's a wash, dude. Howard is not that good. I wanted the Bills to draft him originally and was excited to see what he could do with this team, but he did not step it up.

And then Josh loves Sweeney. The FO definitely considers his input.

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

And the defense was the reason the season came to an end.  

Saying that the depth players aren't as good as their playmakers isn't really saying anything at all.  That's the case around the league. 

Scott doesn’t get that playing backups will result in a drop off in performance on all 32 teams, for him all back ups are supposed to be as good as the starters, and that the dearth of quality O-line players league wide has been fake news for a decade plus, but bless his heart…,

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Howard had a chance to make this roster as TE2. Never took it. Instead got beaten out on the field from Morris and Sweeney. 

Not surprised, especially when we saw him playing in the 4th quarter at Carolina.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Wtf? The guy who led the NFL in sacks given up by a tackle last season?

So, you’re just a headline reader, eh? Maybe someday you’ll actually follow the sport. Quessenberry was a lock from the moment of his signing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

No, my qualm is that they’ve clearly prioritized defense and defensive depth over offense…. obviously every team has a drop from starters to back ups… there is a steep drop for the Bills at certain offensive positions. (WR, TE, Tackle)

The skin on your drum must be getting really thin. You’ve been beating the ***** out of that thing.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not at all convinced that Sweeney makes the team. Gilliam was lining up as TE3 at camp. If he can play Hback/FB/TE3 they can roll with Knox and Morris (who earned the TE2 spot fair and square imo) and potentially keep 7 WR.  There is no reason to keep Howard on name alone or because they gave him too much money. Take the lumps on the cap side, not the field.

I hope that I’m wrong, but Morris is pretty small for a number 2 TE.  He seems to be built a little like Charles Clay, hopefully he can contribute some as a receiving TE, but he isn’t likely to be blowing defenders off the line in the run game.  

While Sweeney seems able to catch a few passes here and there, I don’t think he is much of a threat and I don’t think he is a very good run blocker- maybe a year removed from a serious COVID bout, he will be stronger?

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I hope that I’m wrong, but Morris is pretty small for a number 2 TE.  He seems to be built a little like Charles Clay, hopefully he can contribute some as a receiving TE, but he isn’t likely to be blowing defenders off the line in the run game.  

While Sweeney seems able to catch a few passes here and there, I don’t think he is much of a threat and I don’t think he is a very good run blocker- maybe a year removed from a serious COVID bout, he will be stronger?

A blocking tight end would be nice. Maybe they pick one off the cut list?

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If our big 3 - Diggs, Davis and Knox stay healthy we will be fine. If one of the others truly breaks out we will be fine. If neither of those occur that is where I worry a tad. 

Right.

And fans of other contending teams feel just like we do.

• Agree 1

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Maybe Gilliam comes in for that, but he isn’t really “blocking TE size”, either.  Maybe you are right that they’ll bring in a blocker.

There’s gonna be some decent cuts at tight end. There’s a few teams carrying 3-4 decent ones. I fully expect someone to shake loose. Rather buffalo is looking to add someone or not I guess we’ll find out 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.