Cuts Around the League

T&C

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Holy hell. First round pick LAST YEAR lol

Atleast Beane got something worthwhile back for Ford, they couldn’t even get a 7th back for Leatherwood… likely due to that inflated 1st round pick salary Vegas is now on the hook for.  

No way he can’t have more natural talent than Bobby Hart, right? Let Kromer bring it out of him if the kid has any heart for the game.  

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Marlon Mack was released.  I take that as a sign the Pierce is really going to be the guy.  A great, cheap sleeper for your Fantasy Teams

He was… he’s been going top 50 above Jk Dobbins and AJ Dillon on DK Bestball.  Surprised Mack was cut, he actually looked good in his last preseason game, and behind Pierce is the ghost of Rex Burkhead…

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Process said:

Holy hell. First round pick LAST YEAR lol

Raiders are hysterical. 

I remember I liked the job their old GM was doing. Reggie McKenzie I think.  I thought he had some strong drafts. Then I blinked and he was canned.

Mayock was the same way lol.

It's like they draft well then everything collapses.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Raiders are hysterical. 

I remember I liked the job their old GM was doing. Reggie McKenzie I think.  I thought he had some strong drafts. Then I blinked and he was canned.

Mayock was the same way lol.

It's like they draft well then everything collapses.

McKenzie seemed to be steering the ship well. Mayock was playing TV GM w/ a real team....and it panned out the way you would think. Ruggs was not on him at all...but Leatherwood, Abrams, Arnette and Ferrell are just absolute whiffs. Jacobs is a RB1, so that I can excuse.

52 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Hoping the Bills take a look at the MIA cast-off RB/KR ZaQuandre White as a Practice Squad addition.  I like his running style and kick return potential.  May be the "next up" KR.  

They also cut Lynn Bowden who has some traits I like, I'd make a move to get him on the PS if possible. Also I saw Austin Reiter was cut and if Mancz is hurt he could be a good backup C

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

They also cut Lynn Bowden who has some traits I like, I'd make a move to get him on the PS if possible. Also I saw Austin Reiter was cut and if Mancz is hurt he could be a good backup C

Beane said Doyle and mancz injuries weren't serious and should be ready week 1.

He said mancz could've played last preseason game and Doyle is doing extensive work on the side

Edited by Forlorn hope

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

You'd have cut Bobby Hart yesterday to bring him back today? Some would take that a sign of desperation...

Haha to bring Anderson back.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Does Anderson give us positional versatility or is he a guard only?

I liked the idea of him at center long term. But I think comparing him to Hart he is an interior guy only. I think they like that Hart gives them inside / outside flex.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

All of them were head scratchers at the time, minus Ruggs. 

Agree. Leatherwood as a tackle was never going to work. I remember telling @BillfromNYC that at the time. Just not got the footspeed or natural balance. I think the Raiders did eventually try him at guard and if he is going to resurrect his NFL career it will be inside IMO. 

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Does Anderson give us positional versatility or is he a guard only?

He can play center and guard. Id keep hart and get Anderson 

5 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Anderson G/C

Mancz G/C

Bates G/C

Hart G/T

I’m not aware that Van Roten has any actual effectiveness at C.

Van Roten can play center and guard. He has played ot too

4 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Just shows what a crap-shoot the draft can be. It is not anywhere near an exact science.

It’s a crap shoot for those front offices that know what they are doing. The Raiders on the other hand were not a functional front office.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Forlorn hope said:

Beane said Doyle and mancz injuries weren't serious and should be ready week 1.

He said mancz could've played last preseason game and Doyle is doing extensive work on the side

funny beane said Mancz could play week 1 and then cuts him...   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.