Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

10 minutes ago, phypon said:

Your other comments are fully accepting allegations as facts.  The events described by the accuser seem to exonerate the accused.

Did you see the pics of her damaged throat and her blood-stained clothes?

Do you understand that there are more people than Araiza being accused?

Do you realize that you just equated her being violently gang-raped to her "having sex" with other men?

Do you understand yet why you are on the verge of being suspended?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Drinking beer at a kids birthday party is a little different than being a Watson, Hernandez, Peterson, etc. But I get what you mean.  Everyone reacts differently in specific situations. 

Just feel like people are trying to make news of everything these days because they can record it, snap, ig, twitch, fb, tweet, and on and on.

As soon as my kids are old enough to use those things, I'm gonna make them embarrassed to use those things so they learn to live without them. 

Well, yeah doing anything that those guys did is illegal. Big difference. But I think a lot of people go way too crazy with morals. For instance, as I stated before, I see no issue with 2 adults of any age dating or doing whatever they want with each other. I've gotten into arguments with people about how wrong they think it is. People go to extremes with morals over small stupid things

• Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

He's an idiot.

Maybe.  Depends what he wants.  Assume all of this is true and you’re the parents who are paying the bill for his services.  If that was my daughter, the goal would be to ruin araiza and everyone else involved.  So far I’d say this attorney is off to a good start.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’m no longer sure about him being criminally liable for anything. I will wait to hear more.

However something seems pretty sketchy about this whole ordeal and with Matt Araiza.

This is kinda sorta where I am. Unsure if he’ll get convicted of anything. But that’s a much different thing than being a piece of garbage. 

I’m fairly certain that at best Ariaza is a trash human. And I don’t want him, or the distraction he brings associated with my team or hometown. I’d much prefer he leave even if not convicted of a crime. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

Do you understand that there are more people that Araiza being accused?

No, I haven't seen him being accused by more people.

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Bills knew about this and cut Haack anyways.  Their reputation already took a hit whether they keep him or cave to the mob.

outside reputation is whatever. if the locker room trusts the information stafff provides them, rallys behind it..... wont matter what pitchfork mob reacts to (with less information than the team and locker room)

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

It’s the Watson playbook all over again. 

Sleazy lawyer litigates over social media to win the case in the court of public opinion. 

Only problem is Matt Araiza is not Deshaun Watson.   Bills may feel strongly that he’s innocent right now, but (sadly or justifiably) the second this goes a bit sideways, Bills likely cut bait. 

it went sideways about 4 hours ago or whenever this news broke in the mainstream. Fair or not to Araiza he should be released by tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

“The offer is withdrawn” coming from the alleged victims attorney? Sure makes it look like they were just looking for a settlement.

Of course they're looking for a settlement. When you're injured, the courts exist to make you whole.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

She can say "he  never asked".

Also, his lawyer in 2 interviews so far, has not denied they had sex.  He has denied he sexually assaulted her. 

Believe me I know that. It's why this civil case was filled today. I still sitting believe it's Jane Doe's attorney putting pressure on the DA to prosecute the statutory rape.

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Maybe.  Depends what he wants.  Assume all of this is true and you’re the parents who are paying the bill for his services.  If that was my daughter, the goal would be to ruin araiza and everyone else involved.  So far I’d say this attorney is off to a good start.  

While posting proof that this wasn't a cash grab he included the part of the texts where he withdrew a previous offer.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Also, his lawyer in 2 interviews so far, has not denied they had sex.  He has denied he sexually assaulted her. 

I think his side may cop to the oral intercourse outside the house, which she herself claimed was willing and consensual in her complaint, but deny everything that happened in the house. Which is why he’s only stated there was no “forcible” sex or however he phrased it.

• Agree 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Of course they're looking for a settlement. When you're injured, the courts exist to make you whole.

If she was injured (article said she was bleeding from several locations), went to the police the next day, and went through an extensive rape test then why wasn’t this ever brought to criminal court?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Do you understand that there are more people that Araiza being accused?

I applaud the work you and @SDS do and the community you guys have created and manage. 

But….

Man, when these things happen it is really kick in the nuts as to how trash we  (posters) can be as humans. 

I am still unsettled by the poster who reacted with the 🤮to somebody posting “you can revoke consent at any time”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, phypon said:

No, I haven't seen him being accused by more people.

Do you understand that at least two other men are being accused of violent rape?

Did you see the pictures of her damaged throat and blood-stained clothes?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, gobills404 said:

If she was injured (article said she was bleeding from several locations), went to the police the next day, and went through an extensive rape test then why wasn’t this ever brought to criminal court?

The criminal investigation is ongoing. This has been repeated ad nauseam.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

it went sideways about 4 hours ago or whenever this news broke in the mainstream. Fair or not to Araiza he should be released by tomorrow morning.

I meant more in terms of their dealings with lawyers and Araiza..  They had to of known that this would eventually be a s**tstorm.

For Araiza, he probably doesn’t have the luxury of staying silent as it plays out.  Bills can’t have this dude punting on opening night fresh off Deshaun Watson… I’m sure Goodell has already made that clear to Beane if this doesn’t die down in a few days.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s the Watson playbook all over again. 

Sleazy lawyer litigates over social media to win the case in the court of public opinion. 

Only problem is Matt Araiza is not Deshaun Watson.   Bills may feel strongly that he’s innocent right now, but (sadly or justifiably) the second this goes a bit sideways, Bills likely cut bait. 

you're probably right, and it's unfortunate if Matt becomes a victim or a larger narrative - but honestly the response to the me too movement, and to the Watson accusers, and any number of women who've been brave enough to step forward - that I actually blame men who attack women who step up for Araiza getting cut for moral outrage. I mean women root for the Bills. They spend money on their kids to buy stuff, they vote, they have jobs that impact the Bills....the organization needs to be sensitive to that

We live in times where people want to make accusation of a crime a worse crime than the crime itself.

I go back to the rhetorical question - why don't women step forward? We're seeing it on twitter and other places, and we're definitely seeing it from this lawyer who's calling a 17 year who likely was raped, a scam artist chasing his client for money - publicly. 

This is just disgusting and chilling behavior

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, nkreed said:

Believe me I know that. It's why this civil case was filled today. I still sitting believe it's Jane Doe's attorney putting pressure on the DA to prosecute the statutory rape.

It's the victim and her father.  They have waited for months and have nothing form the authorities to show for their patience and cooperation.  They had waited long enough I guess

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

While posting proof that this wasn't a cash grab he included the part of the texts where he withdrew a previous offer.

What’s your point?  They had a number that they felt would give them peace, it wasn’t met, and the game plan may have changed.  It happens. 

Just now, SCBills said:

I meant more in terms of their dealings with lawyers and Araiza..  They had to of known that this would eventually be a s**tstorm.

For Araiza, he probably doesn’t have the luxury of staying silent as it plays out.  Bills can’t have this dude punting on opening night fresh off Deshaun Watson… I’m sure Goodell has already made that clear to Beane if this doesn’t die down in a few days.  

He's not staying silent, he's speaking through his lawyers

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

long story short is the police just wrapped up their findings recently and passed them along to the DA. Which is not uncommon in cases with little direct evidence.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I applaud the work you and @SDS do and the community you guys have created and manage. 

But….

Man, when these things happen it is really kick in the nuts as to how trash we  (posters) can be as humans. 

I am still unsettled by the poster who reacted with the 🤮to somebody posting “you can revoke consent at any time”

@Gene1973

Yeah, I found that odd too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

It's apparently with the DA's office who are still considering charges.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

But….

Being patient can be very difficult at times. :wallbash:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not his job to ask. If she's underage she needs to tell him. It's not on him to verify her ID beforehand 

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

Do you understand that there are more people than Araiza being accused?

Do you realize that you just equated her being violently gang-raped to her "having sex" with other men?

Do you understand yet why you are on the verge of being suspended?

Talking about allegations has nothing to do with you abusing your ridiculous "moderator" powers on a message board.

Do you understand that those  injuries seem to have occurred AFTER she appears to have willingly performed falatio on said punter?

I thing you should lose your moderator status. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I think his side may cop to the oral intercourse outside the house, which she herself claimed was willing and consensual in her complaint, but deny everything that happened in the house. Which is why he’s only stated there was no “forcible” sex or however he phrased it.

she claims he brought her into the bedroom and tossed her on the bed, no?

5 minutes ago, phypon said:

Do you understand that those  injuries seem to have occurred AFTER she appears to have willingly performed falatio on said punter?

Do you understand that you referred to those gruesome injuries has "having sex with other men"?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

long story short is the police just wrapped up their findings recently and passed them along to the DA. Which is not uncommon in cases with little direct evidence.

Who said there’s little direct evidence?  From what I understand the alleged victim disclosed quickly, submitted to a rape kit, and participated in a controlled call in which an alleged perp admitted sexual contact.  Let’s assume the rape kit reflects trauma, tearing, and the collection of a DNA sample.  If that isn’t significant direct evidence then I don’t know what is.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

Talking about allegations has nothing to do with you abusing your ridiculous "moderator" powers on a message board.

Abusing my powers would have been tossing you for personal reasons instead of giving you multiple opportunities to retract your ignorant statement.

• Like (+1) 3