Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Hey, we don't know about the violent rape part.  That may have actually happened and no matter what she said or how drunk she was, that shouldn't have happened.

No one is saying that should have happened.  A person would have to be a sick **** to say that or think that.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

If they have witnesses saying she was claiming it, then it's reasonable to assume she told everyone, including him. Maybe he overheard her say it?

Are you trying to claim she told different people different stories? If you're going around saying your 18, then I doubt you are saying something different to others.

Arazia claims to remember nothing about that night, so he can’t really say he thought she was 18. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, phypon said:

Punter has sex with a girl that lied about her age while going to a party for college kids.  Woman then has sex with other men the same night after him.  Woman consciously performs oral on said punter, then says she was unconscious. Punter is a criminal because said woman lied and agreed to sex.  Punter gets fired...

Can you can work the bruises, ripped out body jewelry and blood-stained clothing in there too?

Or do you just really need to check yourself real quick?

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

Pretty much.

Our society now will demand this guy's head without any due process or fact gathering 

Why the hell would she put herself through all of trauma? To extort a college punter? The victim shaming has to stop. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

I heard second hand (from someone in Carolina) that McD is out of his mind angry about this.  Take it for what it’s worth.  

I mean I definitely believe it, who in his position wouldn’t be. But that also begs the question - the HC is blindsided by this? When the team’s PR claims today that they knew about this and investigated it already? But they didn’t tell coach? Hmmm

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol come on...did you just wake up?

From chamberslawfirmca.com:

"In California, the police are allowed to tap your phone, but they have to follow procedures to do so legally. California is a two-party consent state, which means that both people involved in a conversation must consent to any recording.

Privately, you cannot tape your phone calls with your friends, family, or anyone else without first getting their agreement. However, law enforcement has different rules. If the police do not take the required steps to tap your phone, any evidence they collect can be thrown out at trial."

Ya, sure. I just woke up.

8 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

If they have witnesses saying she was claiming it, then it's reasonable to assume she told everyone, including him. Maybe he overheard her say it?

Are you trying to claim she told different people different stories? If you're going around saying your 18, then I doubt you are saying something different to others.

He can't make that claim or any other regarding events he recalls that night, as he cannot recall any of them.

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

so based on the clip of the statute someone posted up thread, mistake of age is a standard not an affirmative defense in CA, meaning he has no burden of proof to support it, the burden still remains on the prosecution. So he doesn’t have to provide any evidence in support of it.

ok thanks.

Is there somewhere mentioned a claim by witnesses that she was telling everyone she was 18?

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I heard second hand (from someone in Carolina) that McD is out of his mind angry about this.  Take it for what it’s worth.  

I don't think we need second hand confirmation to safely conclude that is the case.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Can you can work the bruises, ripped out body jewelry and blood-stained clothing in there too?

Or do you just really need to check yourself real quick?

Can you prove that Araiza caused those or can you check yourself real quick?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't know about that, I know a lot of people that are adults that live or die by morals lol. One of my best friends thinks it's morally wrong to drink a few beers at a kid's birthday party. When both my parents and his parents had beer at our birthday parties growing up and we turned out fine but now all of a sudden it's gonna send people to hell to drink beer at a kid's birthday party lol 

Drinking beer at a kids birthday party is a little different than being a Watson, Hernandez, Peterson, etc. But I get what you mean.  Everyone reacts differently in specific situations. 

Just feel like people are trying to make news of everything these days because they can record it, snap, ig, twitch, fb, tweet, and on and on.

As soon as my kids are old enough to use those things, I'm gonna make them embarrassed to use those things so they learn to live without them. 

Just now, Herc11 said:

From chamberslawfirmca.com:

"In California, the police are allowed to tap your phone, but they have to follow procedures to do so legally. California is a two-party consent state, which means that both people involved in a conversation must consent to any recording.

Privately, you cannot tape your phone calls with your friends, family, or anyone else without first getting their agreement. However, law enforcement has different rules. If the police do not take the required steps to tap your phone, any evidence they collect can be thrown out at trial."

Ya, sure. I just woke up.

Your question was asked and answered  in dozens of posts here a few hours ago....

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

we dont know that.  its just as fair to say - hes a stand up guy, had unprotected in heat of moment... afterwards realized that wasnt smart and got tested afterwards, due to the encounter. she could have gave it to him just as easily, and he was being a mature sexual partner.

***IM NOT SAYING THAT DIIIIIID HAPPEN**** but that is how a lot of people find out they have things. id argue someone who rarely has these encounters is the type to be responsible and check.... where as the bar crowd, after a week says "wow no sores, dodged a bullet" and do it again. culturally thats how this generation works

Whom would most likely fit the latter role? 17 year old HS girl or 21 year old College football star?

• Disagree 1

Just now, phypon said:

Can you prove that Araiza caused those or can you check yourself real quick?

I was referring to your insinuation that she "had sex with multiple other men" when visual evidence seems to show she was violently assaulted.

8 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

this is all one side’s story - conjecture at this point. It also doesn’t explain her injuries.

It doesn’t.

But what Araiza’s attorney alluded to is now interesting. He basically said someone may be held liable criminally for what happened to the victim but Araiza shouldn’t.

I went back and re-read the OP’s article. It said one of the accused was a freshman last year on the football team. That same person is not on the roster this year.

I definitely don’t know what happened but it appears Araiza’s attorney is lining up a great defense for him. All it takes is multiple people saying they heard this victim telling people she was 18, especially is she was in Araiza’s company at any time, and having people say he wasn’t in that room. Araiza would never have to take the stand in his own defense.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Your question was asked and answered  in dozens of posts here a few hours ago....

This thread is 62 pages. I read 30, saw people reiterating the same thing over and over and this wasn't one. Apologies if I rehashed something I missed

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

ok thanks.

Is there somewhere mentioned a claim by witnesses that she was telling everyone she was 18?

As far as I know Araiza’s lawyer was stating he has witnesses making statements claiming that the victim was saying she was 18 the night of the party. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, julian said:

Man I don’t want to agree with you on this, but I want that super bowl badly so I’m waffling but leaning towards let’s just move on and stay focused on the goal

Dude, knowing this team and beane and mcd.... if they have credible witnesses, believe he didnt act maliciously..... that team has had a family sit down to say- hey this is whats coming. this is why were standing behind mat. we stick up for our players when we believe in them. as a team, this isnt going to effect our goals. the media might be brutal, but this is us taking a stand for someone who could just as easily be YOU. -- THAT IS A STRONG LOCKER ROOM MOMENT

If that meeting hasnt happened, and the bills are standing behind their guy, that meeting will happen. If thats what beane and mcd do, i think theyve earned the trust of the team to get benefit of doubt. hell, this could be somewhat of a rallying point for the team. Does this sound unreasonable? I truely dont think it does.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Simon said:

I was referring to your insinuation that she "had sex with multiple other men" when visual evidence seems to show she was violently assaulted.

She said she had sex with multiple men.  Her claim and words.  

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Arazia claims to remember nothing about that night, so he can’t really say he thought she was 18. 

On a phone call in which he is not under oath. I think a good defense attorney will state that the question asked was accusatory and that this answer was his way of ending the conversation. If the DA has access to witnesses that say she had been misrepresenting herself, he won't need to have a defense.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Come on!  DIdn't you go to college keggers and tell everyone there you were 17 and/or a HS'er and to give you beer?

I went to more than a few college keggers in college.  Absolutely zero women were asked how old they are.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

As far as I know Araiza’s lawyer was stating he has witnesses making statements claiming that the victim was saying she was 18 the night of the party. 

That's a fairly meaningless if she was drunk

Just now, appoo said:

I think she'd tell you she was intoxicated she wasn't capable of relaying this information

So it's incumbent on Araiza to know she's 17 when she doesn't provide that information and witnesses say she claimed to be 18? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, phypon said:

She said she had sex with multiple men.  Her claim and words.  

I believe her claim was that she was raped, not that she had sex with other men.

If you can't differentiate between the two, you might as well just show yourself to the door right now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Come on!  DIdn't you go to college keggers and tell everyone there you were 17 and/or a HS'er and to give you beer?

Actually…. Yes, and it worked surprisingly well. I had a bunch of 20 year old lady’s babying me like a little brother and one of them hooked me up with her younger sister the next week. 🤷‍♂️. Granted, that was back in the 90’s. 

• Like (+1) 1