Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Wow. I can’t believe that special teams are letting down the Bills yet again. Horrible situation. As a father who just dropped off my daughter at college today for her freshman year, this is my worst nightmare. Thankfully she is against drinking / drugs, which reduces likelihood of becoming a victim of sexual predators. That said, I do believe Araiza has a right to defend himself legally. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It might not be all he said she said.  To my understanding the alleged vic submitted to a rape kit.  Without getting too deep in the weeds, that exam can establish forcible penetration inconsistent with consensual intercourse.  Medical evidence of rape.  Then it’s a question of who did it.  That’s where DNA helps.  Got tearing plus DNA match?  Also then have a perp.  Only he said she said in that scenario would be him saying they were consensual partners and physical injury caused by a different partner. 

My question on this (i seriously dont know). If mat had willing participant sex with this woman. then she laid down, safe to his knowledge, and left...... 30mins later shes forcibly gang raped. couldnt matts dna end up in a tear still? assuming these are very seperate incidents, dna evidence might not be helpful here.

really hoping mat just got willing oral, and has no dna down there.

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

respectfully, we do know the girl is a victim based on her injuries and actions the following day. Unless she went to very extraordinary lengths to set up some kind of con, something very bad happened to her. So yes, she is a victim in my mind right now.

But you don’t know if Araiza is a victim or a guilty party.  So yeah, respectfully disagree, no one here is qualified to decide who the victims are.  

For example:  You realize it’s entirely possible she is both a victim and also falsely accusing Matt of being a party to it.  What if she willingly had a sexual encounter of sorts with Matt earlier in the night but was later raped by the other accused people?  Then that makes Matt a victim of extortion and her guilty of fraud, even while she may also be a victim of an assault from the other accused parties.

Point is, nobody knows enough to decide now who is a victim or not…who is guilty of what.  We don’t know a fraction of what even the Bills know, let alone the authorities currently investigating.  

So we need to pause all the rush to judgements and assumptions until we know more of the facts and evidence of what happened and by who.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Whether innocent or guilty, I can’t believe his attorney didn’t settle this case when the alleged victim was willing to.

Have these attorneys learned nothing from the handling of the Watson case? Florio did an amazing breakdown where he showed how much Watson would have saved (millions) if he accepted the first settlement offer.

From what I understand, his attorney now speaking on his case is a criminal defense attorney. He hasn’t even retained a civil litigator yet (which is an astonishing lack of foresight.)

So I agree, the fact that he and his representation c**ked this up is bad, but not surprising.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But you don’t know if Araiza is a victim or a guilty party.  So yeah, respectfully disagree, no one here is qualified to decide who the victims are.  

For example:  You realize it’s entirely possible she is both a victim and also falsely accusing Matt of being a party to it.  What if she willingly had a sexual encounter of sorts with Matt earlier in the night but was later raped by the other accused people?  Then that makes Matt a victim of extortion and her guilty of fraud, even while she may also be a victim of an assault from the other accused parties.

Point is, nobody knows enough to decide now who is a victim or not…who is guilty of what.  We don’t know a fraction of what even the Bills know, let alone the authorities currently investigating.  

So we need to pause all the rush to judgements and assumptions until we know more of the facts and evidence of what happened and by who.  

exactly that’s why I passed no judgment or offered any opinion on Matt. I simply don’t know yet

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

We won't be awaiting  DA's determination for that.

Obviously. We are awaiting the rape by intoxication charge from the DA... As you implied the allegation was made, to which I responded the allegation was made in a civil suit not a criminal suit

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

My question on this (i seriously dont know). If mat had willing participant sex with this woman. then she laid down, safe to his knowledge, and left...... 30mins later shes forcibly gang raped. couldnt matts dna end up in a tear still? assuming these are very seperate incidents, dna evidence might not be helpful here.

dude, wtf: hope he got willing oral??...this is getting creepy.  he's not your "Mat", he's a rookie Punter on a football team.

• Eyeroll 2

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

DNA might not be in a tear.  Probably kind of rare to find it in such a place actually.  

But your scenario is one in which DNA deposit would not necessarily equate to rape.  In that scenario we’d have a he said/she said, with potential input from non-party witnesses who, for example, might say that araiza wasn’t present inside the house in which a violent rape allegedly occurred. 

(Good luck selling a jury on that one, BTW.)

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I haven't read through all this....have been reading about this though.

I do understand the guy is a talented punter....he's a PUNTER...on a team that I believe...punted the least in the NFL (right?) .....we're talking abou the punter.  you can get another punter.

I am sure it's been suggested in this way...so sorry to repeat that if it has.  but..yeah...he's the punter.  Go get anohter one.

I don’t think anyone here really cares about the talent level.  As you state, he’s a punter.. we can just get a different one.

Its basically a debate, hours after this dropped, between three factions of fans:

1) He did it. He’s a monster.  Cut him and fire the legal department. 

2) He’s a punter.  Just cut him. This sucks. 

3) Don’t cut him until you do your due diligence.  This sounds pretty murky. Players may side-eye the org for cutting bait so quickly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

EWWWWW man. what the hell

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

37 minutes ago, phypon said:

Do you understand that you don't how she got those injuries until the facts come out?  That you are blaming other people for something NONE of us have all the of the facts for?  That until all of the facts come out NONE of us are condoning what could have happened.  That if the facts PROVE her story that all of us on here would be first in line to see this guy persecuted to the fullest extent.

Sorry, Bud but when you refer to allegations of gang rape that left a woman with a ring of bruises around her neck, bruises on her legs, and piercings torn from her ears, nose, and navel as "having sex with other men" you are, in fact, writing as though you have chosen a side and condone what happened.  It wasn't rape!  It was sex with several men!

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but you've chosen a side with your words. 

Otherwise you would write "the woman alleges she was raped by several men" or something of that sort.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

the giving her spiked drink and dumping her on the bed in the room with the guys seems like "participating"

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

She is claiming to be roofied. And that happened after drinking the beer Araiza gave her.

The lawsuit says the girl "thinks" she "might" have been given a spiked drink. That is the most tenuous claim made in the lawsuit. Women unknowingly ingesting date rape drugs is much less common than the public perception. Much more common is men or women drinking more alcohol than they realize, or drinking on an empty stomach, and blacking out as a result. I'm inclined to believe her when she says non-consensual sexual activity occurred in that bedroom, but I would be very surprised if a date rape drug was involved.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Humans hooking up very much have requirements. 

If I were to go to a college party should I just assume everyone is 18+ and try to hook up with some drunk girls and just assume they are old enough.  

You can’t Assume without being an Ass first. 

Out of all the football players in the NFL, how many are currently going through this. 

Matt Araiza and Matt Araiza alone put himself in a bad spot. 

Was he supposed to ask for ID, breath test her, and then make her sign a consent statement? Sorry, if she lied abot her age and did not appear to be drunk, then I see no wrong. I don't care if she is a minor. At 17, she has responsibility too.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Does this explain why two punters went before Araiza? Am I the only one who found that peculiar? 

that’s been asked all over the place today - it does and it doesn’t. Araiza was a phenom and a star in college, sure. But he was the beneficiary of a lot of hype by college reporters at The Ringer and other places for his huge leg. NFL scouts may have had differing grades on the him and the other guys taken. The Bills only learned about this July 30, well after the draft. Did other teams know sooner, pre-draft and affect their grades? Possibly. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Humans hooking up very much have requirements. 

If I were to go to a college party should I just assume everyone is 18+ and try to hook up with some drunk girls and just assume they are old enough.  

You can’t Assume without being an Ass first. 

Out of all the football players in the NFL, how many are currently going through this. 

Matt Araiza and Matt Araiza alone put himself in a bad spot. 

The only people going to college parties should be college students of college age. That's the point. You don't think when you're at a college party at 18 or 19 years old that a girl you're about to hookup with is only a 16 year old high school girl. She is the one that is under age. She should be the one to divulge her age. If she said she was a minor and he still proceeded, then he is at fault 

57 minutes ago, phypon said:

Punter has sex with a girl that lied about her age while going to a party for college kids.  Woman then has sex with other men the same night after him.  Woman consciously performs oral on said punter, then says she was unconscious. Punter is a criminal because said woman lied and agreed to sex.  Punter gets fired...

Do you understand that the woman's claim is that she was gang-raped for 1.5 hrs by multiple men?

Do you understand that you are claiming to "not take sides" while actually taking a side when you refer to the woman's claim that she was gang-raped by multiple men as "woman then has sex with other men the same night after him"?

"Not taking sides" would be to say these are the allegations, no criminal charges have been filed, we don't know all the evidence.

From the lawsuit:

Araiza then led Doe inside the house, past the living room, and into a bedroom. There
were at least three other men already in the bedroom, including defendants Leonard and Ewaliko.
Once inside, Araiza threw Doe onto the bed face first. Doe went in and out of consciousness while
she was being raped, but she does remember some moments from the horrific gang rape. During
this time, her phone was also taken. The men took turns having sex with her from behind while she
lay face first on the mattress. She saw a light in her periphery, as if someone was taking a video
using a cell phone. Eventually the rapists turned Doe so that one of them could force his penis into
her mouth while another man performed oral sex on her. At one point while Doe was in the
bedroom, her friend tried to get inside the house from the backyard. Roe 1 prevented her from
coming inside. Doe was raped for about an hour and a half until the party was shut down. Doe
stumbled out of the room bloody and crying. Her nose, belly button, and ear piercings had been
pulled out, and she was also bleeding from her *****

PS she does not claim that she was "unconscious" whilst outside with Araiza, but that she was already intoxicated and given another drink, which she consumed

• Like (+1) 1

Completely disappointed in the Bills. They owe the fans better than this. If they know something make a statement so we know what's going on. If they don't know anything more than us then cut the ***** and move on. They've done neither which is chicken *****. While this has already severely lowered my opinion of the owners and management I've got nothing but faith in the Bills fan base. The fans aren't going to stand for it. It won't take the away fans to make the statement with the chants, booing, and signs. The home fans will do it. And if the Bills have as solid a leadership group among the players as we've been lead to believe, they will pressure management to take action before the fans need to do it anyways. In the end though, the Pegulas, Beane, and McD have all failed us very badly today. 

Edited by pigpen65
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

The only people going to college parties should be college students of college age. That's the point. You don't think when you're at a college party at 18 or 19 years old that a girl you're about to hookup with is only a 16 year old high school girl. She is the one that is under age. She should be the one to divulge her age. If she said she was a minor and he still proceeded, then he is at fault 

I was 16 when I enrolled in college.  Turned 17 my Freshman year.  So college students of college age can be under 18.

1 minute ago, pigpen65 said:

Completely disappointed in the Bills. They owe the fans better than this. If they know something, say it so know what's going on. Of they don't then cut the ***** and move on. They've done neither which is chicken *****. While this severity lowers my opinion of the owners and management I've got nothing but faith in the Bills fan base. The fans aren't going to stand for it. It won't take the away fans to make the statement with the chants, booing, and signs. The home fans will do it. And if the Bills have as solid a leader ship group among the players as we've been lead to believe pressure on management from them will force action before the fans need to do it anyways.

Cut him before all the facts come out?

The Bills also don't owe us anything. There is a legal matter pending, so it is prudent to be quiet, unlike the woman's lawyer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

lotta “shoulds” in there. Fortunately the law doesn’t agree with you.

• Agree 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

I was 16 when I enrolled in college.  Turned 17 my Freshman year.  So college students of college age can be under 18.

Ok but again, if the girl was 16 or 17, she should make it known to him. How common is it for college students to only be 16 years old?

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

@Zerovoltz has it 100% correct. 

He’s a PUNTER! On a team that doesn’t punt. Get another one. 

Don’t let this be a dark cloud that hangs over our super bowl season. 

Are you saying if it were Josh Allen, we should roll with this dark cloud?

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

I believe his attorney said in the TV interview that it wasn’t a huge ranger. Rather more of a gathering with some beers. If that’s the case, how did he not know WTF was going on upstairs when his buddies and the girl who just blew him were missing for over an hour. 

This is the part I am waiting for more facts on. His attorney is claiming he wasn't even in the house. If there is evidence that he brought her up there specifically to be used by his friends, or even knew what was happening before or after the fact, I obviously want him cut immediately. But based solely on the wording in the lawsuit it is also possible that he took her to bed after seeing how intoxicated she was, left the house, and then several other men at the party took advantage of her. I'm not trying to ascribe likelihood to any scenario. I'm just saying there are not enough facts yet for me to feel confident that Araiza did anything that should end his career today. I don't automatically believe that every single person present at a party where a rape took place is guilty of a crime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Completely disappointed in the Bills. They owe the fans better than this. If they know something make a statement so we know what's going on. If they don't know anything more than us then cut the ***** and move on. They've done neither which is chicken *****. While this has already severely lowered my opinion of the owners and management I've got nothing but faith in the Bills fan base. The fans aren't going to stand for it. It won't take the away fans to make the statement with the chants, booing, and signs. The home fans will do it. And if the Bills have as solid a leadership group among the players as we've been lead to believe, they will pressure management to take action before the fans need to do it anyways. In the end though, the Pegulas, Beane, and McD have all failed us very badly today. 

Cry more

How about we let them gather all the facts first before they talk to us

• Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

lotta “shoulds” in there. Fortunately the law doesn’t agree with you.

Lol. Ok man. Most people at college parties are drinking and trying to get laid, it's safe to assume that the people there are college age. I could completely understand why someone wouldn't ask. I ask again,, WHY CAN SHE NOT TELL HIM HER REAL AGE? she knows she's a minor, wouldn't that be the right thing to do?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t think anyone here really cares about the talent level.  As you state, he’s a punter.. we can just get a different one.

Its basically a debate, hours after this dropped, between three factions of fans:

1) He did it. He’s a monster.  Cut him and fire the legal department. 

2) He’s a punter.  Just cut him. This sucks. 

3) Don’t cut him until you do your due diligence.  This sounds pretty murky. Players may side-eye the org for cutting bait so quickly. 

Overall, a reasonable summary.  I think rolled into 2) is "He's telling a sexual partner to get tested for chlamydia because he's tested positive?  Whether or not rape or statutory rape happened, he's a skeevy turd of a human being, Eeeeewwww, Get Him Away!"

• Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

dude, wtf: hope he got willing oral??...this is getting creepy.  he's not your "Mat", he's a rookie Punter on a football team.

yes there are degrees to things. do you think him getting oral from a girl misrepresenting herself as 18, willingly, is the same as a violent forceful gang rape.

hes not my matt, no. but i also dont want my team to be siding with a scumbag and i dont think theyd do it unless they had the utmost confidence there was no malice.

bills had an easy out in cutting araiza for haack for atleast 6 weeks... a few days back they cut haack and kept the rookie around. i dont think they believe he did anything wrong or they wouldve seperated themselves.

i dont want my team enabling a scumbag. yes i hope this isnt true, and the hookup was mutual, and that the gang rape was a seperate unrelated incident. 

dont we all want some variable of that?

3 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Completely disappointed in the Bills. They owe the fans better than this. If they know something, say it so know what's going on. Of they don't then cut the ***** and move on. They've done neither which is chicken *****. While this severity lowers my opinion of the owners and management I've got nothing but faith in the Bills fan base. The fans aren't going to stand for it. It won't take the away fans to make the statement with the chants, booing, and signs. The home fans will do it. And if the Bills have as solid a leader ship group among the players as we've been lead to believe pressure on management from them will force action before the fans need to do it anyways.

Maybe, I don’t know.. wait for the facts to come out before you start assembling the pitchforks.

Don’t act like others are bad fans or immoral players because they don’t want to attack someone without knowing, at all, what occurred just yet. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

hey, we successfully paid for a billboard to get Dick Jauron out of town, that I was guilty of contributing to. And that was quite mean spirited considering Dick, while past his prime as a coach, was still at least a great human being.

I’d be all for a billboard to get our dipsh!t rookie punter released from the team if the owners and management don’t come to their senses by tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2

12 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Does this explain why two punters went before Araiza? Am I the only one who found that peculiar? 

Bass wasnt the first kicker picked, beli's guy is out of the league already. hes kinda raw as a prospect. booming leg, but lacks direction and hangtime questions. i dont find it overly odd