Better Win AFC East

OldTimer1960

Holy cow, the AFC is stacked.  The Bills had better win the division because a Wild Card spot is going to be brutal to get.  Chiefs, Bills, Chargers (with many new players), Burrow and the Bengals, Cleveland with Watson, Tennesse is still tough, Raiders have brought in many, including Davonte Adams, Colts if they find a QB…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

There's nothing I've seen from the Dolphins or Pats in FA so far that indicates they have closed the gap on the Bills or even playing in the same league but bad luck and injuries can change everything.

I do agree though that between the AFCW and AFCN you will likely see all the wildcards come from those 2 divisions meaning only the AFCS and AFCE division winners get in the tourney this year.

Damn maybe Buffalo shouldn’t play the games since it’s so scary 

Just now, quinnearlysghost88 said:

The AFC is alarmingly good right now. I’m definitely not optimistic on the #1 seed just being handed to us. 

So it’s: bills, chiefs, raiders, broncos, chargers, browns, bengals, ravens, titans, Indy, pats(?), steelers(?) 

it’s crazy. 

AFC west and north teams aren’t all going to win 10+ games with their schedules.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Don't think that will be a problem.  But damn, I count 8 legit contenders in the AFC who could win a SB against whoever the NFC trots out there.  And the Raiders and Colts aren't far behind either if they can get average starter quality QB play.  Even the Phins and Pats would be solid playoff teams in the NFC.  In the AFC they are bottom-feeding nobodies.

Take care of business and get the 1 seed and be two home wins away from the SB. Do that and it doesn't really matter how deep the AFC is. The final 4 in the conference will be good teams regardless. 

The AFC Wild card round may legit be more competitive than the NFC Championship game. Crazy to think about.

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

the DIVISION?  the Bills need HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE.  the division should be 6 easy wins towards that

That's how the Pats*** did it all those years, stroll to the AFCE title without even getting any mud on their jerseys while other divisions beat the ***** out of one another, thus handing them home field.

The only thing that could have made the division competitive was the Dolphins potentially getting Watson or Wilson.

I do think the Jets made a bunch of quality under-the-radar signings that will make them a better team. Laken Tomlinson is one of the best guards in the league and putting him with Mekhi Becton and Vera-Tucker will create a solid o-line so that Zach Wilson isn't running for his life.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

The AFC is alarmingly good right now. I’m definitely not optimistic on the #1 seed just being handed to us. 

So it’s: bills, chiefs, raiders, broncos, chargers, browns, bengals, ravens, titans, Indy, pats(?), steelers(?) 

it’s crazy. 

Colts, Patriots and Steelers will be on the outside, unless they can upgrade at the QB position.

The Bills seemed to take some games (which should have been easy) for granted last year.  Hopefully they learned their lesson.

If we take care of business and stay healthy, I don't see any reason we don't win the AFC East by multiple games.

If they don't win the AFC East heads will roll, and they'll be anarchy in the streets. The Bills have ransomed EVERYTHING to win the SB over the next 2 years. The Pats have done less than nothing, and the Dolphins and Jets are still a few years away from playoff caliber. The Bills schedule is NOTHING like last years walk in the park, and will be loaded with difficult Sunday, and Monday night games. The pressure is on like never before. They better be ready.         

I don't see us having any issues winning the division. I think at this point the AFC South is the weakest division, and I'm not completely sold on the Titans winning that division, depends on if the Colts get competent to decent QB play. Watson is gonna painfully find out he's in a much tougher division with much stronger defenses than the ones before his "handiwork" episode.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

The Bills will soundly win the division and contend for the 1 seed.

It should be us vs. the Bengals I think. You havta figure the AFC West is going to beat up on eachother, right?

The Colts will not get their man this year.

Man, we have a tough schedule but it would be so beautiful if we could sow up that #1 seed.

I hope all our playoff experience will help us get that seed while Cincy still figures it out and hits some dry times.

This Bills defense could really struggle at CB at the beginning of the year. Josh has to put up serious points every week. I figure when Tre comes back and then finds his game, the other CB will do the same around the same time and we are going to be too tough to beat from then on. (Knock on wood.) We could actually start two rookie CBs in week one….Unless the Bills aren’t finished in FA it looks like we’ll be drafting two corners and the second one might beat out Dane Jackson….or Jackson might get hurt…..  it’s possible. … It’ll be super tough if we have to play a good QB very early….. I hope we start with the jets. Then stay in the AFC East till Tre is back….

Ugggh…. I hope we don’t play KC or the Bengals early….

Maybe we ought to sign a vet CB?

Even a #1 pick and Dane Jackson sounds very iffy back there….

We gotta get our rookie corners some playing time before we play teams fighting for that #1 seed….

Please Mr. Schedule man?

Pretty please….

The good news is that if there is one thing McBeane and Leslie are good at its finding and developing players for the secondary ….

LOL! Think about it…. The Bills did use a first on Tre but it was a very late first and usually teams don’t get a player like White that late. Then a fourth rounder for Taron is just a great pick for a very solid player. Then two FAs that were question marks. Hyde was successful before but there were a lot of packer fans that scoffed as Hyde as a starting safety. And Poyer? Completely out of nowhere as far as I know. And then the undrafted Levi Wallace…. And all our back ups are extremely well coached and don’t seem to miss a beat as long as their not replacing White. Pretty damn good… I think we go WR in the first because the Bills can find a great corner in the second…. (Maybe? IDK? Or we go CB, WR) Either way, it should be the right guy and that guy should be expertly prepared. Both of them if we draft two…

2 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

it’s crazy. 

Pats?

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

It should be us vs. the Bengals I think. You havta figure the AFC West is going to beat up on eachother, right?

The Colts will not get their man this year.

Man, we have a tough schedule but it would be so beautiful if we could sow up that #1 seed.

I hope all our playoff experience will help us get that seed while Cincy still figures it out and hits some dry times.

This Bills defense could really struggle at CB at the beginning of the year. Josh has to put up serious points every week. I figure when Tre comes back and then finds his game, the other CB will do the same around the same time and we are going to be too tough to beat from then on. (Knock on wood.) We could actually start two rookie CBs in week one….Unless the Bills aren’t finished in FA it looks like we’ll be drafting two corners and the second one might beat out Dane Jackson….or Jackson might get hurt…..  it’s possible. … It’ll be super tough if we have to play a good QB very early….. I hope we start with the jets. Then stay in the AFC East till Tre is back….

Ugggh…. I hope we don’t play KC or the Bengals early….

Maybe we ought to sign a vet CB?

Even a #1 pick and Dane Jackson sounds very iffy back there….

We gotta get our rookie corners some playing time before we play teams fighting for that #1 seed….

Please Mr. Schedule man?

Pretty please….

The good news is that if there is one thing McBeane and Leslie are good at its finding and developing players for the secondary ….

LOL! Think about it…. The Bills did use a first on Tre but it was a very late first and usually teams don’t get a player like White that late. Then a fourth rounder for Taron is just a great pick for a very solid player. Then two FAs that were question marks. Hyde was successful before but there were a lot of packer fans that scoffed as Hyde as a starting safety. And Poyer? Completely out of nowhere as far as I know. And then the undrafted Levi Wallace…. And all our back ups are extremely well coached and don’t seem to miss a beat as long as their not replacing White. Pretty damn good… I think we go WR in the first because the Bills can find a great corner in the second…. (Maybe? IDK? Or we go CB, WR) Either way, it should be the right guy and that guy should be expertly prepared. Both of them if we draft two…

The Bills are sure to bring in a vet or two at CB, plus draft one. We'll be ok. But it is the by far the biggest hole on the team right now. Luckily, there is plenty of time to address it.

I think Miami has a decent look at maybe getting a game off the Bills this year. You gotta squint a bit and get creative but I could see it. I wouldn't bet on it though.

I think they spank the Jets twice.

Pats are an unknown to me. Gotta see them play a bit. I would bet money we punt at some point though.

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What do you mean, I heard their reign over the AFC East was already done?

(Sorry had to re-post this garbage)

good comment to the video.

"well, this is fitting as yesterday the Bills flew in on a chopper and whipped all the little patsies all over the playground. I guess NBC Boston forgot how that movie ended..."

It is not about winning the division anymore.  It is about getting home field advantage and making teams to come to Buffalo to play in January. 

Patriots had a similar path for a long time....winning East was easy...but then they had to battle Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Denver and Baltimore in the playoffs 

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

good comment to the video.

"well, this is fitting as yesterday the Bills flew in on a chopper and whipped all the little patsies all over the playground. I guess NBC Boston forgot how that movie ended..."

And the second guy can “appreciate”someone getting their face pressed into a turd on the playground, is that from experience??? LOL

3 hours ago, CLTbills said:

This team will have the division wrapped up by Thanksgiving.

You know a lot of people said that last year after a 13-3 season, and we went slightly backwards with an easier schedule.  Not a complaint as it’s a round Robin every few years.

im hopeful and confident barring an Allen injury we’ll hit 11-13 wins next year.  We face the AFCN, and NFCN, and yes the Titans again and the Rams.  

That’s a tough schedule, but we will be battle hardened and will be better prepared for the Playoffs.  I’m sure we’ll win the division, but the #1 seed is going to be tough.

4 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Holy cow, the AFC is stacked.  The Bills had better win the division because a Wild Card spot is going to be brutal to get.  Chiefs, Bills, Chargers (with many new players), Burrow and the Bengals, Cleveland with Watson, Tennesse is still tough, Raiders have brought in many, including Davonte Adams, Colts if they find a QB…

I'm with you, it starts with winning the division. Having said that, 6-0 in the division, 5-1 at worst.

I agree with the OP's statement - the team had better win the division and there's no reason, in March, on paper, why they shouldn't.  Having said that, and not to be a Debbie Downer, but after watching the Bills for 55 years, if there's a way for them to lose at the worst time(s) they will....but by God, they're due, that's for sure....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.