Are the Chiefs still the team we're building our team to beat???

Dopey

With the rest of division making moves to upgrade and  the QBs now in the AFCW, they might have a hard time just winning they're division. 

Denver bringing in Wilson 

Chargers adding a ton of talent 

The Raiders are the surprise to me in the recent moves they made so far. 

To me, all of a sudden, the Chiefs might not be the target for us next season.

Thoughts?

I looked but couldn't find a thread on this topic. Feel free to merge if there is one.

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The Bills are built to beat all adversaries.  Beat them into submission and leave them crying on the sideline.

Yeah I see more than just the Chiefs for a revenge tour. If the Bills fans at highmark pelt Vrabel with batteries when he comes out of the tunnel? I'd be ok with that

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

9 of them were from the 2 guys who left in free agency. Miller will be awesome, Groot will hopefully make a big leap in year 2, DT's should be better.

Ofc but players improve 

Ed is coming into his own ... Gregg should develop , add von and milanos ability to blitz I'm not too worried

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We were 11th overall in sacks and 1 more would have us tied for 9th 

We got alot more sacks than people realize

True. There were a few games where where it was like a buffet. I think they had 7 sack game and a 9 sack game. But there were also games where the rush was non existent. I want QBs running for their lives every game. 

• Agree 2

Just now, ßookie_tech said:

True. There were a few games where where it was like a buffet. I think they had 7 sack game and a 9 sack game. But there were also games where the rush was non existent. I want QBs running for their lives every game. 

Absolutely it was streaky 

In addition to the Chefs, I feel like they took their losses to the Titans and the wind game against the Pats***, where they got run all over, personally and now they’re just gearing up to shut it all down. They’re going to destroy one dimensional offenses next season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes, but they were manufactured from blitzing more, which makes the defense weaker in other areas.

I think we will get a lot more sacks and pressures from four man rushes.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

When did they get the sacks is the question.

They failed to stop the Titans, Chiefs, Tampa, in the 4th quarter or overtime.

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

No. We want to beat all of them. Soundly

This right here^^^^

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Meh. You can quote this post if I'm wrong but I don't see it with them. They had a very lucky postseason run.

Can't really consider it lucky when they looked like one of the most complete teams heading into the playoffs. They were built for a long playoff run. I remember a thread in like week 12 asking who we thought were the scariest teams for the Bills to face in the postseason and I voted for the Bengals and Packers. I think the Bengals will be there again.

4 hours ago, Dopey said:

With the rest of division making moves to upgrade and  the QBs now in the AFCW, they might have a hard time just winning they're division. 

Denver bringing in Wilson 

Chargers adding a ton of talent 

The Raiders are the surprise to me in the recent moves they made so far. 

To me, all of a sudden, the Chiefs might not be the target for us next season.

Thoughts?

I looked but couldn't find a thread on this topic. Feel free to merge if there is one.

McD/Beane always build this team to win the division first. Then to beat the great QBs in the playoffs. It's never been specifically the Chiefs, but they happened to be that team the past few years.

4 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

There are 31 other teams who also want that

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And that was mainly because we faced the least amount of pass attempts in the league. We finished 6th in sacks on a per dropback basis.

• Like (+1) 1

Still being built to beat the Chiefs, but it also applies to just about any of the other likely suspects, all of whom are going to have 'high powered' QBs.

Also, I think there is definitely an emphasis on being better against the run, as that was where we let ourselves down on the season. Biggest difficulties we had, were with teams who were serious about running the football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Meh. You can quote this post if I'm wrong but I don't see it with them. They had a very lucky postseason run.

The Bengals are funny bc if you’re their GM/HC are you going to make shorter term moves because you think you could repeat that run or longer term moves because you think it was flukey. Tough spot to be in.

The obvious answer = everyone.

And yes, while the Chiefs are the team who eliminated us the past two seasons, we had plenty of talent/firepower to dispatch them in 2021.  Let's not forget that we outscored them by 21 points over 119:47 of game time in Arrowhead last season, and were on the cusp of basically claiming Arrowhead as our own turf before the unmentionable occurred.  

Edited by TheBrownBear

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.