Tyrod to Giants

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He immediately becomes the best qb on the roster.

I think this signals that the Giants may take a qb at 5 and try to trade away Daniel Jones for a mid-round pick. At the very least, there will be a qb competition which Tyrod should absolutely win.

Jones to Indy? I'm trying to think out loud who'd want him.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

At the very least it lets them see what Jones can do under Daboll and have a viable bridge QB in 2023.

Exactly, Tyrod is a good safety stop gap for next season when the Giants most likely move on from Daniel Jones and draft their next QB.  I mean Jones is going to have to have a pretty good season to keep the Giants from looking at a QB next draft.  And just seems unlikely he will have a good enough season to make them build around him.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Exactly, Tyrod is a good safety stop gap for next season when the Giants most likely move on from Daniel Jones and draft their next QB.  I mean Jones is going to have to have a pretty good season to keep the Giants from looking at a QB next draft.  And just seems unlikely he will have a good enough season to make them build around him.  

Jones to me is similar to Derek Carr and Baker and Cousins, they're good but not great and cause you to be in QB purgatory if keep them around for too long.

I don't see a problem w/ this.  He's a top flight backup to bottom rank starter quality.  Only thing bad I see is so much guaranteed.  If they're able to fix/develop Jones & presumably draft someone that works out, that's a lot of dead cap they've gotta account for.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think this signals that the Giants may take a qb at 5 and try to trade away Daniel Jones for a mid-round pick. At the very least, there will be a qb competition which Tyrod should absolutely win.

Give me a break Tyrod sucks.  (watch the 2nd half of the Jets-Texans game from last season)  But so does Daniel Jones.  Wow, the Giants used to be a flagship NFL franchise.  Now they are a raging fire of garbage.  Not sure what Daboll was thinking taking that job.  Ugh.. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

How TF is Tyrod making twice what Trubisky is?

Um, 2 yrs $17M is not 2x 2 yrs $14M?

Also, Trubisky's contract has $13.75M of incentives, reported as "easily reachable" if he starts.

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-get-mitchell-trubisky-on-incentive-laden-contract/

We don't know the details yet -depending upon the agent, it's possible Taylor's contract is much smaller and a good portion of that $17M is incentives?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, 2 yrs $17M is not 2x 2 yrs $14M?

Also, Trubisky's contract has $13.75M of incentives, reported as "easily reachable" if he starts.

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-get-mitchell-trubisky-on-incentive-laden-contract/

We don't know the details yet -depending upon the agent, it's possible Taylor's contract is much smaller and a good portion of that $17M is incentives?

Ah. Misread Taylor’s deal as per season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

No offense but everything in your post is wrong. The Giants brought Taylor in to be a backup. There will be no QB competition and Daniel Jones will be the starting QB of the team. Not to mention, no way, no how, will the Giants take a QB at 5.

Edited by Beast

You remember when Tyrod got a five-year $90 million deal from the Bills.   I don't remember exactly how it all went down, but the Bills had some way out and got Tyrod to agree after year one to take a two-year for less.   He gave up about $40 million, I think, but he had little choice.  

Well, it took him a couple of years longer, but he's now earned everything he gave up, plus probably a few million more.  I'm happy for him.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.