Kyler Murray unfollows Cardinals on social media

Albany,n.y.

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

Does this say he has two total posts and 1.3M people are following him?  I really don't get people's obsessions with obsessions, aka following people on Twitter in the hopes that someone who apparently tweets as much as blue moons, will someday post his third tweet and you gotsa know..

I mean it is talking about him erasing things so maybe he just deleted everything.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I feel like this has happened with other players and it then turned out to be nothing more than someone on their media team getting ready to refresh their social accounts.  I won't read anything into this until something comes out that confirms something like Murray actually wants out of AZ for some reason or wants to go back to baseball.  

In regards to wanting out of AZ, I honestly don't know what he could possibly be unhappy about.  The Cardinals have gone all in to support him and build a team.  Went and drafted and traded for weapons at WR and TE, signed guys being sought after by others in Free Agency, etc.  They have been 100% behind getting him in position to compete for a SB title since he got there.  So that seems less plausible to me.

And I don't recall hearing or seeing any other drama around him or the team to suggest somethings wrong.  Doesn't mean nothings wrong of course, but until something more concrete comes out, I am not going to read too much into this yet.  

So I agree with others, IF...and that is still a big IF...there is something to this, maybe its a desire to go back to baseball.  But, he has been pretty successful so far in the NFL and is seen as one of its best young players, so seems odd he would give that up already and go try to start over in a sport he hasn't played in like 4 years.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So I agree with others, IF...and that is still a big IF...there is something to this, maybe its a desire to go back to baseball.  But, he has been pretty successful so far in the NFL and is seen as one of its best young players, so seems odd he would give that up already and go try to start over in a sport he hasn't played in like 4 years.

Yup, imo that's about the only thing it could be, if anything at all. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yup, imo that's about the only thing it could be, if anything at all. 

Yeah, I mean nothing else really makes sense right.  Unless there has been this well kept hidden drama inside the locker room or something.  

But, still think its more likely a non story than anything.  Ive seen a lot of these look at who they followed, unfollowed, or removed from their social stories, and despite everyone always trying to make it mean something, it has most the time ended up meaning nothing.  

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I feel like this has happened with other players and it then turned out to be nothing more than someone on their media team getting ready to refresh their social accounts.  I won't read anything into this until something comes out that confirms something like Murray actually wants out of AZ for some reason or wants to go back to baseball.  

In regards to wanting out of AZ, I honestly don't know what he could possibly be unhappy about.  The Cardinals have gone all in to support him and build a team.  Went and drafted and traded for weapons at WR and TE, signed guys being sought after by others in Free Agency, etc.  They have been 100% behind getting him in position to compete for a SB title since he got there.  So that seems less plausible to me.

And I don't recall hearing or seeing any other drama around him or the team to suggest somethings wrong.  Doesn't mean nothings wrong of course, but until something more concrete comes out, I am not going to read too much into this yet.  

Maybe he doesn't like playing in a dome😄

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, papazoid said:

just sending a message over his contract.....he's got very little leverage

he's under contract for 2022

they will likely excerise his 5th yr option for 2023

then they can franchise tag him in 2024  for much less than he will want

Or he can play baseball and still make millions...

• Agree 1

I can’t remember where, but I remember reading that some athletes just unfollow all team/league accounts in the offseason as a way to unplug and unwind. Then when the season approaches, the re-follow all the accounts.

In any case, it’s super weird to live an an era where who someone is or isn’t following on social media counts as “news”.

baseball ?  he could use as negotiion ploy - as a top pick or near, he commands a bonus of 5-6-7 million tops,  and then a minor leager salary until he makes the majors which unless he is major leaue ready - less than 1% chance -so really unless he wants to play baseball this a threat and nothing more...

trades ?   teams that need a qb and have multiple first rounders and or a quality-decent qb coming back are plentiful...Wilson, Tua, Watson, Phll, NYG, maybe he wants to go to Pitts or TB, NO,

great off-season fodder

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

My surprise prediction for the offseason (weeks ago) was that Kyler would quit football and join the A’s who I believe still have his rights.

That would be shocking to me.

He was a nice but very raw baseball prospect.........he was a .260 hitter in college and I think only hit over .300 in HS once..........all tools and little production.

It's a VERY rare baseball player that skips all 5 levels of minor league baseball and plays immediately in MLB.

Murray would probably start out in low A ball if he tried to play baseball now.

Also doubt the A's would be interested in re-visiting their offer to him.........and if they did he would have to get to the majors, which realistically could take 2-3 seasons,  and then wait 6 years after that to hit major league free agency.

There is A LOT more money to be made in a much shorter time being a QB in the NFL............and the NFL really doesn't have a legitimate PED program so while Murray might be toast as a MLB player by 32-33.........he might play another 5 years as a QB in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe he's salty that he was actually criticized for his playoff performance, including throwing one of the most boneheaded pick-6's I've ever seen.

He has a throw right there which he could place where either an eligible receiver, or no one, gets it

image.thumb.png.1c744c924e7050d17531708c41eda1a9.png

Instead, he pulls it down and waits until this happens:

image.thumb.png.59811f91eb407a7972ce1a23105251a8.png

Then declines to take a safety by throwing it up so that this happens:

image.thumb.png.ded816c91928e6f9330c2f7e38ed67df.png

That wins out hands-down over anything Allen did in the Houston playoff game, and he deserves a ***** ton of flak for it.

not as bad as this:

image.png.658adc1a895024a32af5acfdf3f6751e.png

Murray not going to baseball, that idea is such a joke that the Cardinals wouldn't even take the threat seriously.

His NFL contract is $35.6M, his contract with the A's was for $4.6M (which he had to pay most back). Even if he did want to pass up 7x more money & play baseball, it's not like he'd just go play in MLB right away. He'd need a minimum of 2 years in the minor leagues to be ready for the big leagues, if ever. Tons of 1st round MLB picks never make it out of the minors, or do get a shot & can't stick. Not to mention that he probably hasn't hit a baseball in almost 3 years.

There's a 0% chance Murray would give up NFL stardom to go toil in the A's farm system for years, at a fraction of the money he's currently making.

Baseball is so depressingly boring... it would be like going into witness protection.

Even people who go to baseball games barely pay attention most of the time. It's just guys standing around in sunglasses while the batter hits 13 foul balls or finally strikes out. When something actually happens of substance it's like "WOW! a hit!" 

I guess that's the big excitement of a baseball game. A HIT! Oh he didn't make it to first though.... Back to looking at the skyline and talking about anything else other than the game happening on the field. 

At least each team plays 1,361 games a season!

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Baseball is so depressingly boring... it would be like going into witness protection.

Even people who go to baseball games barely pay attention most of the time. It's just guys standing around in sunglasses while the batter hits 13 foul balls or finally strikes out. When something actually happens of substance it's like "WOW! a hit!" 

I guess that's the big excitement of a baseball game. A HIT! Oh he didn't make it to first though.... Back to looking at the skyline and talking about anything else other than the game happening on the field. 

And to go to baseball now…when things just keep improving season by season in Arizona…got to be contract posturing or just nonsense 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know much about Kyler aside from watching him play so it's probably unfair of me to constantly judge him on his body language during games. But he's always struck me as the kind of guy who's more than happy to posture and take the credit when something good happens, but pouts on the sideline when things aren't going well. 

For all I know he's a great leader and well liked in the locker room and I'm prepared to be corrected but from what I've seen during his time in the NFL he just looks like a me first guy who spent his entire life being the kid with the most athletic ability and struggles to cope now that he's in a league where he isn't the best on the field every game.

24 minutes ago, 947 said:

Murray not going to baseball, that idea is such a joke that the Cardinals wouldn't even take the threat seriously.

His NFL contract is $35.6M, his contract with the A's was for $4.6M (which he had to pay most back). Even if he did want to pass up 7x more money & play baseball, it's not like he'd just go play in MLB right away. He'd need a minimum of 2 years in the minor leagues to be ready for the big leagues, if ever. Tons of 1st round MLB picks never make it out of the minors, or do get a shot & can't stick. Not to mention that he probably hasn't hit a baseball in almost 3 years.

There's a 0% chance Murray would give up NFL stardom to go toil in the A's farm system for years, at a fraction of the money he's currently making.

Yeah, but consider his strike zone...

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, 947 said:

Or he now has millions that can support him while he waits a few years to be in the majors. He has checked the I can play in the NFL box, made a few million and can now move on to playing baseball as he initially intended and most expected. Worked out pretty well for him. 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

My son played AAU and Rec League baseball. He was pretty talented. When they called about All Stars one year, promising lead off hitter and 2nd base he said “Do I have to? Half the guys are standing around, and the other half are sitting!”  I tried to play it neutral, but I can’t describe how relieved I was!

His baseball career was over, and we moved on to sports where people actually do things. (Other than weightlifting, but that’s another story. It takes all day for six lifts, each lasting a few seconds.) 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Obviously a horrible play, but it was 3rd and 7, so that one yard quick out wasn't going to get it done.  They're already down by 14, on the road, midway through the 2nd quarter, backed up against their own endzone and about to punt the ball back to the Rams in good field position.  I'm sure he felt it was desperation time.  Take the safety and he's thinking we are staring down the barrel at 23-0.  I've seen Mahomes and Allen make plays like that.  And Murray is still a year behind Allen and two years behind Mahomes as far as experience goes (and even moreso when it comes to the playoffs).  

I haven't.  That was worse, considering the position on the field, then anything Allen has done. 

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He should never followed in first place.  Social Media is a terrible addiction.

Yeah certainly can be. It's got some good things, but sometimes think it's got much more bad than good

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Reggie knew the score on Rodgers...

image.png.2d0db055cc6445d8fe866e26ad1930ac.png

Not to get off topic to much, but it's a real shame Reggie Miller didn't get a ring

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah certainly can be. It's got some good things, but sometimes think it's got much more bad than good

Not to get off topic to much, but it's a real shame Reggie Miller didn't get a ring

He was money.  That Reggie-Knicks 30 for 30 is gold.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe he's salty that he was actually criticized for his playoff performance, including throwing one of the most boneheaded pick-6's I've ever seen.

He has a throw right there which he could place where either an eligible receiver, or no one, gets it

image.thumb.png.1c744c924e7050d17531708c41eda1a9.png

Instead, he pulls it down and waits until this happens:

image.thumb.png.59811f91eb407a7972ce1a23105251a8.png

Then declines to take a safety by throwing it up so that this happens:

image.thumb.png.ded816c91928e6f9330c2f7e38ed67df.png

That wins out hands-down over anything Allen did in the Houston playoff game, and he deserves a ***** ton of flak for it.

I called this the "Fail Murray" in the GDT when this throw was made.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I can’t remember where, but I remember reading that some athletes just unfollow all team/league accounts in the offseason as a way to unplug and unwind. Then when the season approaches, the re-follow all the accounts.

In any case, it’s super weird to live an an era where who someone is or isn’t following on social media counts as “news”.

It’s has something to do with the FOMO thing…, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.