Denver Broncos officially for sale

PromoTheRobot

• PromoTheRobot changed the title to Denver Broncos officially for sale

Bon Jovi time!

8 minutes ago, Big74Mac said:

This is not new news. This was decided by the courts a few months back. It will be action style sale that the proceeds goes tot he trust. It must be sold to the highest bidder per the trust. Old news. 

it is news.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/bowlen-trust-announces-denver-broncos-will-be-put-up-for-sale

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Big74Mac said:

This is not new news. This was decided by the courts a few months back. It will be action style sale that the proceeds goes tot he trust. It must be sold to the highest bidder per the trust. Old news. 

Okay, Jon Bon Jovi. Here's your second chance.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I thought he wanted to be the majority owner when trying to buy the Bills. But he had to put up a certain percentage of money that the league requires to be the majority owner. He didn't have it at that time. This is a game for multi-billionaires not millionaires. 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I’m guessing 3.3 It’s been a while since a team was sold. 

A franchise valuation article I saw not long ago had Denver at $3.8 billion.

It wasn't long ago that Pegula bought in at what?  $1.4 billion?  And that was deemed overpayment by a couple hundred million at the time.

Not all franchises are valued equally, but this is where these guys make their real money--long term franchise appreciation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I thought he wanted to be the majority owner when trying to buy the Bills. But he had to put up a certain percentage of money that the league requires to be the majority owner. He didn't have it at that time. This is a game for multi-billionaires not millionaires. 

I don't get why Kraft and the NFL were so enamored with him as an potential owner, other than his celebrity.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder if Elway will buy it and not know it because he was drunk when the sale took place?

17 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I have to believe Bezos buys them.  Even from a geographical perspective they would be the 2nd best choice for him after the Seahawks (who aren't for sale).  You know Goodell wants nothing more than to have Bezos's money in his corner.

He would have to sell off every stock he has in Amazon because of a conflict that could come up.  If it-is true? they may get the NFL Sunday ticket because it is up this year and people are saying Direst TV is going to lose it.

18 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

@PromoTheRobot,did you read the Bon Jovi interview where he said he never, ever planned on moving the Bills from Buffalo, and that the smear campaign against him was engineered and funded by Trump (which it actually was)? 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/10/24/why-jon-bon-jovi-erased-buffalo-and-the-bills-from-his-life/ 
and

https://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-shady-scheme-to-buy-nfl-buffalo-bills

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

@PromoTheRobot,did you read the Bon Jovi interview where he said he never, ever planned on moving the Bills from Buffalo, and that the smear campaign against him was engineered and funded by Trump (which it actually was)? 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/10/24/why-jon-bon-jovi-erased-buffalo-and-the-bills-from-his-life/ 
and

https://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-shady-scheme-to-buy-nfl-buffalo-bills

I hate this story and it is revisionist.  All of us here were onto Bon Jovi and his connections to MLSE and toronto and rejected him long before Trump.  The intention by all parties, likely even preference of the NFL itself was for Rogers and/or MLSE group with Bon Jovi as the friendly face to buy the Bills and move them to Toronto.  It was in the works/hopes since the mid-2000s and even Ralph himself was culpable.  

Being in tune and obsessed with our team's future here, we were onto Bon Jovi and called it for what it was.  Trump had nothing to do with it, despite him claiming so.  I could see him jumping on board after the fact and maybe printing some flyers or helping that group out.

Also, the biggest factor was the existence of the Pegula family and them having a ton of liquid cash available to them that could not be reasonably outbid.  

Anything Bon Jovi said at any point about keeping the Bills in Buffalo is lies to save face and to keep his own PR in case of another opportunity.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I hate this story and it is revisionist.  All of us here were onto Bon Jovi and his connections to MLSE and toronto and rejected him long before Trump.  The intention by all parties, likely even preference of the NFL itself was for Rogers and/or MLSE group with Bon Jovi as the friendly face to buy the Bills and move them to Toronto.  It was in the works/hopes since the mid-2000s and even Ralph himself was culpable.  

Being in tune and obsessed with our team's future here, we were onto Bon Jovi and called it for what it was.  Trump had nothing to do with it, despite him claiming so.  I could see him jumping on board after the fact and maybe printing some flyers or helping that group out.

Also, the biggest factor was the existence of the Pegula family and them having a ton of liquid cash available to them that could not be reasonably outbid.  

Anything Bon Jovi said at any point about keeping the Bills in Buffalo is lies to save face and to keep his own PR in case of another opportunity.  

You could well be right about JBJ. I am just putting it out there because he did say this. Trump did fund Caputo, though. Not sure how much effect it had.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.