KC win puts Bills in better spot

Bluegrass Bill

13 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

O cannot agree,  Cincy just barely beat a bad Raiders team.  KC is still the most difficult team for the Bills to beat moving forward.  We proved we could win in their building but it may be more difficult playing without White this time around.  Pats receivers dropped a lot of very catchable balls yesterday.  I hope Steelers shock everyone tonight and don't mind playing Titans in their house

No. way,  KC has more experience and are playing much better then when we beat them earlier this season

No Chris Jones last time, if I remember correctly.  

Loss of Tre White is clear, but our corners/scheme and All-Pro Safeties keep our pass coverage elite.  

I think some of the open downfield stuff yesterday was Buffalo crowding up against the run and betting Mac Jones couldn’t consistently beat them beyond 10-15 yards.   You just don’t typically see WR’s that wide open and/or beating guys like that.  

Bills DL is much better than earlier in the year.  Going to need them to play well no matter who we get: Mahomes or Burrow. 

Edited by SCBills

If we play to our potential, we can beat anybody.

If we play at our worst, we can lose to the Jags.

But we seem to be peaking.   The OL, in particular, is playing much better and that makes both the passing game & running game so much better.

In other words, I don't care who we play.  I care how we play.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Cincy lost some key defensive players to injury yesterday.

I think their run ends in Tennessee.

Everyone continues to crap on Ten. All they do is continue winning despite more adversity than most of the other teams. 

At this point bring anyone on! Respect them all though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bluegrass Bill said:

Looking at the playoff scenarios I feel like a KC win tonight puts us in a better spot moving forward. If the Chiefs lose we host Cincy next weekend, and they lok like the better team at this point. Not to mention they just beat the Chiefs. If we can go to KC and win next weekend, I think we have a very real shot of hosting the championship game in Orchard Park, because the Bengals could knock off Tennessee. I don't see any way the Steelers go into Tennessee and win next weekend. 

So let me get this straight...

You would rather avoid the Bengals at home in the next round because they are somehow superior to the Chiefs, but are enthused about the possibility of hosting them in the AFC championship game? How is that better?

• Like (+1) 1

Nah, our best bet is a Pittsburgh miracle tonight.

Playing at Arrowhead in a playoff game is a very hostile environment, and the late season Chiefs are not the team we beat earlier in the year.

A crazy Pittsburgh upset would be a dream come true.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

How?

KC Losing gives Buffalo a home game 

are you worried about the Bungles?

They are too cocky and narrowly beat the Raiders with an interim HC

Competition — Steelers, Browns and Ravens

All 3 may be looking for a QB next season 

Agree, Bengals have the look of a team that’s going to come back to earth real fast. Their head coach is partying at a bar after the win, Burrow plays dress up at his press conference, and they generally think they’re the greatest thing ever. I know this is an old man yelling at a cloud post, but I think the playoff win was their Super Bowl. It’s great seeing guys have fun, but there’s a balance when you haven’t reached your ultimate goal. This Bills team does a great job finding that balance. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Spot on. Cinci at home would not be a close game. Chiefs Bills winner goes to SB!

It's a shame the "brackets" work out in this manner....Bills vs. Chiefs deserves to be the championship game.

The other QBs in the AFC can't compete with Mahomes vs. Allen if both are on their game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bluegrass Bill said:

Looking at the playoff scenarios I feel like a KC win tonight puts us in a better spot moving forward. If the Chiefs lose we host Cincy next weekend, and they lok like the better team at this point. Not to mention they just beat the Chiefs. If we can go to KC and win next weekend, I think we have a very real shot of hosting the championship game in Orchard Park, because the Bengals could knock off Tennessee. I don't see any way the Steelers go into Tennessee and win next weekend. 

Just like I have been badly wanting to play the Patriots in the WC round for the past month +..............I badly want to play the Chiefs next week.

The potential for Bills fan revenge/safisfaction in this postseason is just immense..............it's not every postseason you can get the team that's been dominating you for two decades...........and the team that beat you in the AFCCG last year(and in the AFL champ in SB year one for the older fans)...........a team in TN that beat your team with the most ridiculous(and BS) play in playoff history and also had a pivotal, epic game against earlier in the season............and then maybe Brady or Dallas in the SB.

I'll take it any way we get it but I don't want Cinci in round 2...........some potential for a let down emotionally..........I want feuds.

I'll take Cinci at home in the AFCCG though........they are the only other team to beat the Bills in an AFCCG.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's a shame the "brackets" work out in this manner....Bills vs. Chiefs deserves to be the championship game.

The other QBs in the AFC can't compete with Mahomes vs. Allen if both are on their game.

The Titans beat both the Chiefs and Bills this year. The Titans are the best team in the AFC until they lose.

FWIW (admittingly not much) the Steelers DID beat the Titans once this years already.

Cincy is rarely the same explosive offense in the road. I like them a LOT...but I would take them at home any day of the week.

KC in the other hand...MUCH improved on defense since earlier in the year. Arrowhead...HARD place to win. Not sure going in there and winning 2 in one season is what we went.

That said...the only team that can stop Buffalo right now is Buffalo. Injuries could also hamper...however this team and the way they have played since Tampa....wwll they looked Championship Caliber to me.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't care who we play.  If the Bills bring their A game they are coming home with a super bowl trophy.  Nobody is beating the A game Bills.

I agree but let's not forget the Pats are not really a good football team. Very limited on offense and they "limped" into the playoffs. The opponents from here on out are much much better. With that said, the Bill's look really solid and will be hard to beat. 

22 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

FWIW (admittingly not much) the Steelers DID beat the Titans once this years already.

Cincy is rarely the same explosive offense in the road. I like them a LOT...but I would take them at home any day of the week.

KC in the other hand...MUCH improved on defense since earlier in the year. Arrowhead...HARD place to win. Not sure going in there and winning 2 in one season is what we went.

That said...the only team that can stop Buffalo right now is Buffalo. Injuries could also hamper...however this team and the way they have played since Tampa....wwll they looked Championship Caliber to me.

The Bills built this team around beating KC. We have a legit chance to beat them. 

Edited by newcam2012

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree but let's not forget the Pats are not really a good football team. Very limited on offense and they "limped" into the playoffs. The opponents from here on out are much much better. With that said, the Bill's look really solid and will be hard to beat. 

The Bills built this team around beating KC. We have a legit chance to beat them. 

Of course we do!  But it's still going to be a real challenge and one heck of a dog fight.

Of course, I thought last night's game would be low scoring, close, and tight! 

So you NEVER KNOW!

If play in Arrowhead and end up manhandling the Chiefs...I'd flip out.

1 minute ago, gordong said:

you can't hide from good teams in the playoffs, besides the old saying careful what you wish for.    besides if the bills are a good team (they are)  they can beat anyone if they play like they did last night...  just need 3 more games like that. 

It's almost impossible to imagine 4 games in a row at that level which was basically perfection. However, I believe that if the Bills stay focused, work hard on defense, and Josh keeps his head where it needs to be, they should be favored over any of the AFC teams. They have beaten KC and they lost to the Titans by a thin margin at a time when their defense was not playing as well as the last few games. An "A" game is needed to beat the playoff teams. Now - for the Super Bowl, they'd better bring the A+ game from last night. 

every team left in the playoffs has lost to bad teams... lost games they shouldn't have....   and at this point I'm not willing to bet against our QB...  

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

It's almost impossible to imagine 4 games in a row at that level which was basically perfection. However, I believe that if the Bills stay focused, work hard on defense, and Josh keeps his head where it needs to be, they should be favored over any of the AFC teams. They have beaten KC and they lost to the Titans by a thin margin at a time when their defense was not playing as well as the last few games. An "A" game is needed to beat the playoff teams. Now - for the Super Bowl, they'd better bring the A+ game from last night. 

I wasn't really implying a game exactly like last night... just saying when they play Focused they can play with anyone. 

2 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Cincinnati is not there yet.  I’d take them at home vs going to KC 8 days a week

Agree!  KC is top 3 toughest places to play (Seattle, Orchard Park, KC).  I’m more co dude f playing any team on our turf.  The. Road was amazing last night!

54 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

TItans struggle against any team with a pass rush.  Tannehill is not very good under pressure.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

No Chris Jones last time, if I remember correctly.  

Loss of Tre White is clear, but our corners/scheme and All-Pro Safeties keep our pass coverage elite.  

I think some of the open downfield stuff yesterday was Buffalo crowding up against the run and betting Mac Jones couldn’t consistently beat them beyond 10-15 yards.   You just don’t typically see WR’s that wide open and/or beating guys like that.  

Bills DL is much better than earlier in the year.  Going to need them to play well no matter who we get: Mahomes or Burrow. 

Chris Jones really hurt us in that AFC championship game,  we may be able to overcome White being out but I did see plenty of Patriot receivers wide open yesterday and then just drop passes. I thought Jones had plenty of time to throw yesterday so that could also be a problem.  The good news is our team is better running the football more now then our win to start the season. I still would prefer Cincy at home over going to KC 

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

We are now in the playoffs where teams with good to great QBs are in the party.  Every game will be difficult.  Thank god we also have one such QB.  Go Bills!

I agree about only teams with great QB'S are left and  Allen playing really good football.  I am still concerned about our defence on the road against KC

Since they moved to Nashville, the Bills have played the Titans 12 times.

7 times in Nashville including the forward lateral [I wuz there SMH].

5 times in the OP.

We are 4-8 in those games, 2-5 in Nashvegas, 2-3 in the OP.

I think the Bills should have shirts made up for this game that show: 1-3-93 (41-38 OT).

Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I am still concerned about our defence on the road against KC

I think after having 31 points hung on their defense at Arrowhead in October, the Chiefs may have similar concerns about their defense against us.

We just scored 47 on the #2 defense, and piled up 482 yards from scrimmage and never had to punt, against the Hoodie who is generally acknowledged to be the greatest defensive guru of the modern era.

Chiefs scored 20 on our defense, which scored 7 on Hyde's Int.

Cincinnati @ Buffalo 🦬 yes please. We can go to KC & win. The Bengals at home would almost surely be a win. The Bills will be a 3 point underdog at KC. The Bills will be a 4 point favorite at home against Cincinnati, maybe more. So just by Vegas odds it’s better for Pittsburgh to beat KC tonight in my book 

34 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Besides, next year we likely have to adjust to a new OC and DC.

Butler and McDermott went to HS together.  After the season this secondary has put together, if Frazier leaves, we have the guy. Dorsey is the Josh whisperer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.