So...what does the hoodie have up his sleeve?

Success

We mythologize him too much. He's the greatest ever - but he's still just a coach.

That said, he's cooking up something right now.  It was EASY in game 1, w/ the kind of team he has.  Get a lead early. Run, run, run.  He got enormous praise, but I could have coached that. And if Allen makes that last pass, everyone is saying he blew it.

He tried something weird in game 2. Not much blitzing - give Allen the underneath stuff.  To which Allen said, thank you sir, may I have another?  There are some who think he let Allen have everything underneath as a kind of "vanilla" scheme in case they met again.

What do you all think about game 3?  He's going to blitz more. I have no doubt on that - he wants to limit Allen's passing.  He has to have Mac pass more - certainly more than the 1st game! 

He has some surprises in store. I just don't know what they might be - thus, they will be surprises, at least to fans.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He is greatest ever CHEATER and he looking very carefully at game film to see based on announced zebra teams on what they allow players to get away with and what they are strict on enforcing.

In Superbowl he was DC against Bills he had players making a lot of late hits, fake injuries and players lying down on top of players to slow Bills defense down.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I would be surprised if he doesn't dial up a lot more pressure on Josh, as opposed to what he did the last game.

His "hang back" approach was pretty clearly a mistake and it didn't work.

I think he'll try to get more pressure on Allen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

We mythologize him too much. He's the greatest ever - but he's still just a coach.

That said, he's cooking up something right now.  It was EASY in game 1, w/ the kind of team he has.  Get a lead early. Run, run, run.  He got enormous praise, but I could have coached that. And if Allen makes that last pass, everyone is saying he blew it.

He tried something weird in game 2. Not much blitzing - give Allen the underneath stuff.  To which Allen said, thank you sir, may I have another?  There are some who think he let Allen have everything underneath as a kind of "vanilla" scheme in case they met again.

What do you all think about game 3?  He's going to blitz more. I have no doubt on that - he wants to limit Allen's passing.  He has to have Mac pass more - certainly more than the 1st game! 

He has some surprises in store. I just don't know what they might be - thus, they will be surprises, at least to fans.

Thoughts?

Where did you see/hear this one? Meaning he purposely lost so he could unleash his real defense, if they played again? That’s extra special. What was the excuse last year? 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Success said:

Thoughts?

In game 2, he did exactly what everyone else does to try to beat Josh. Get after him with 4 and flood the zones. Josh can beat it every time if he just calms down...

If they start blitzing, I would think the Bills can easily counter that. Run effectively, move the pocket...oh, and use McKenzie on those easy sweeps!

While Belicheat will have something up his sleeve, I guarantee McD will too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Where did you see/hear this one? Meaning he purposely lost so he could unleash his real defense, if they played again? That’s extra special. What was the excuse last year? 

That's strictly homer Pats fan perspective.  I always check the other boards a bit after games - and that was pretty popular. 

When they can't explain something, they generally attribute it to some genius longview strategy they can't comprehend.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

In game 2, he did exactly what everyone else does to try to beat Josh. Get after him with 4 and flood the zones. Josh can beat it every time if he just calms down...

If they start blitzing, I would think the Bills can easily counter that. Run effectively, move the pocket...oh, and use McKenzie on those easy sweeps!

While Belicheat will have something up his sleeve, I guarantee McD will too.

McD has been great against the Pats - even when they had Brady, his strategies basically shut Brady down.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Success said:

Thoughts?

See if Motor can run it right down their throat against that blitz.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I would be surprised if he doesn't dial up a lot more pressure on Josh, as opposed to what he did the last game.

His "hang back" approach was pretty clearly a mistake and it didn't work.

I think he'll try to get more pressure on Allen.

It's only a mistake when Josh plays well and is calm, cool, and collected. Content to take what's given.

I mean honestly it should be the same gameplan he has tried to implement against the Bills. I'd sit in zone defense against the Bills with a spy and make them methodically move the ball down the field. On the flip side I'd be ball control offense with running, short passes, and PA. 

This shortens the game and probably keeps it close if the plan works and the Patriots have a chance to steal it at the end much like Super Bowl 25. He knows they can't go toe to toe offensively and he knows that if he goes into blitzing man to man he may get crushed so thats the game plan thats going to happen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Who cares, play Bills football, don’t worry about the hoodie, don’t give him too much due or you’ll be to afraid to play your game. The mistique is like a bark that’s bigger than the bite. We have the better team, hands down. Go out there and dictate the game to the hoodie. He’ll back down.

BB master mind scheme.."we're gona see if Allen can beat us with his arm instead of his legs. Keep him contained in the pocket and make him play QB" 

#Genius

Josh Allen's great quote.."I don't know who the f-ck they thought I was!!!"

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 3

This is a very interesting topic. I’m drawing blanks really, mainly because I think that there is no way they can stop Josh. I suspect that they will try and stop the pass, so if I’m Buffalo I think we really need to establish the run and to set up the play action.

Also, I think the real question is what McDaniels will do on offense, as he is an extremely good coordinator and a very solid coach. I suspect that they will #1 Run the ball, big formations, Twin TE sets and extra linemen and #2 Establish a quick, short passing game with Mac Jones and #3 Try to create mismatches for our D, ie pull plays, toss plays, getting their linemen into space and onto our LBs and secondary. #4 Trick plays, gadget plays, reverses and flea flickers to fool our defense. #5 Confusing Tremaine Edmunds. Getting him to shoot the wrong gaps.

At this point NE will look to create as many mismatches as possible.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

BB's excuse last year would have been that he didn't have a QB, which is pretty much accurate.

I suspect some weird nickel type formation where he has a corner spy Allen.  Force him to Gabe Davis all day and play physical at the line against the WRs 

not saying it would work, but I would be spying with speed dbs to slow Allen when he gets outside the pocket

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.