The blabbering Boston media thread

Motorin'

17 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Our offensive playmakers are faster than the Pat's defensive back seven.

That is our advantage.

That is what we should take advantage of.

Nothing Bill can do about that.

He can play zone and get pressure on the QB.

If I’m BB, I’m aggressive and make josh throw deep, especially on 3rd down.  Getting pressure and keeping containment is the key to the pats winning imo. 

On 1/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, Sharky7337 said:

Now they're saying Josh Allen can't beat them, the bills are the best draw for them. The bills are one dimensional.

They talk about it near the end around 6:10

these analysts are pretty good and seem intellectually honest.  I noticed Mac Jones body language and his brady like effort after throwing the pick.

The latest chapter from the "How to Cheat at Football" book, by Bill Belicheat, was relayed by Ross Tucker yesterday on OBL.  He said that they would practice on the playing field all week, ripping it up and making it terrible, because Belicheat wanted it that way.  Ross also said the groundskeeper resigned because  Belicheat would not let him do his job and fix the field.  Belicheat wanted the field chewed up as much as possible, because the Cheats would know all the bad spots, soft spots, uneven spots, etc.  Dude wasn't above manipulating the field conditions on his own home field.  Brownie just sighed and said he wasn't surprised that Belicheat would do that.  He truly is the GCOAT (the C stands for "Cheater" folks, not "Coach"). 

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The latest chapter from the "How to Cheat at Football" book, by Bill Belicheat, was relayed by Ross Tucker yesterday on OBL.  He said that they would practice on the playing field all week, ripping it up and making it terrible, because Belicheat wanted it that way.  Ross also said the groundskeeper resigned because  Belicheat would not let him do his job and fix the field.  Belicheat wanted the field chewed up as much as possible, because the Cheats would know all the bad spots, soft spots, uneven spots, etc.  Dude wasn't above manipulating the field conditions on his own home field.  Brownie just sighed and said he wasn't surprised that Belicheat would do that.  He truly is the GCOAT (the C stands for "Cheater" folks, not "Coach"). 

Cheater?  Or the only guy in a league filled with dumb coaches who actually looks for--and finds--every single advantage to be manipulated in his favor?

Are there rules against chewing up the field?  No?  Then it's not cheating.

Is that a semi-clever tactic designed to give his team a slight edge?  Then it's clever in my book, not cheating.

He looks for every last edge he can find---I admire it in him.

The problem isn't that BB does it; the problem is that everyone else in the league DOES NOT.

They should ALL be doing this stuff, routinely.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Cheater?  Or the only guy in a league filled with dumb coaches who actually looks for--and finds--every single advantage to be manipulated in his favor?

Is that a semi-clever tactic designed to give his team a slight edge?  Then it's clever in my book, not cheating.

The problem isn't that BB does it; the problem is that everyone else in the league DOES NOT.

I’d normally agree with you but ripping the field up is a big player safety concern so that definitely crosses the line…and various other things he’s been accused of can 100% be classified as cheating and every story like this one that comes out makes those accusations a little more credible.  

theres definitely a fine line between gamesmanship and cheating and the pats are allegedly according to droves of past players and coaches even some from the patriots organization would tell you they’re frequently on the wrong side of it 

for example something like going into the opposing teams hotel and looking for play sheets is kind of hilarious and I have no problem with that.  But fiddling with radio frequency stuff which they’ve been accused of many times is flat out cheating

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 3

On 1/10/2022 at 6:33 PM, Motorin' said:

Wait you started a thread on something said after the Buffalo game in BUFFALO? I’d dare say everyone would agree it was a terrible game for the Bills. Doesn’t have anything do with Saturday.. Saturday the cold MAY cause more drops but that’s probably it.

On 1/11/2022 at 8:21 AM, ArtVandalay said:

This was after the Pats win and after Hyde and Poyer threw a hissy fit postgame. Totally deserved this comment.   

He's not wrong, it's true. It was entirely embarrassing. McDermott was comically out coached then after the game gave no credit to Belichick, threw players and coordinator under the bus.  It was bizarre and terrible.

We didn't adjust at all during the game and it cost us.  Keep running 4 linemen out there, and the Pats literally kept running some of the same plays over and over and out wasn't until 4Q that Milano finally started blowing out up. 

That game was a total embarrassment. They have every right to mock us. 

Really? If JA and Bills score either of the two red zone possessions in Q4, the Bills win. Then the narrative is what was BB doing ?

Only 3 passes and that cost his team the game. Also Bills media doesn’t typically kick opponents post game. It’s very Boston arrogant. And it’s why the league hates them. Bills will bury Pats on Saturday because they are the better team. BB is a .500 coach without Tommy.

What you won’t see is Pats media owing up post game. Rodney Harrison, TJ, TB, and now Edelman all National embarrassing Pats homers. This marks the end of Pats domination and I’m glad we are playing them. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

47 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

When you look in the rule book it should not have to say injuring other players is illegal for you not to do it. But your comment completely ignores the blatant rule breaking the Pats* did. The one that annoys me is the Raven game in the playoffs where they blatantly broke  rule 5.2 but the officials refused to call it. Since then the NFL has made the rule clearer but the officials should have called illegal formation each time they pulled that crap.

5.2 Position of the Players at the Snap

5.2.1 The offensive team must have the following in their formation:

(a) No more and no less than seven players on its line of scrimmage at the snap.

(b) All players who are not on the line, other than the snap receiver under

center, must be no farther than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage at the snap.

(c) All guards, tackles and tight ends must be at least 1/2 yard behind the center.

(d) Offensive linemen must be ½ base lengths for minimum distance

(e) The QB can be positioned under the center or up to a maximum of 15 yards

from the line of scrimmage

5.2.2 The Line Progression will be in the following manner:

1 Center, 2Guards, 3Tackles, 4Tight Ends, 5Wide Receivers, 6QB,

7Running Backs

This will insure a constant progression, which limits stall tactics.

Once the line progression is adhered to and the defense has been set, the roll of the

dice dictates the blocking schemes. The coach looks at the blocking schemes and

adapt accordingly. Once the offense has made the necessary adjustments, the defense

is allowed one change to counter in a 3:1 audible ratio. If the play changes the

position of the players altogether, for every offensive skilled player that position

changes, the defense in turn, will change that position as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wait you started a thread on something said after the Buffalo game in BUFFALO? I’d dare say everyone would agree it was a terrible game for the Bills. Doesn’t have anything do with Saturday.. Saturday the cold MAY cause more drops but that’s probably it.

I still don’t see that game the way those Boston dudes describe it lol so I guess I would disagree on some points. y’all crossed midfield 3 times all game and scored 14 points and are selling it as some kind of ‘like tyson fighting an infant’ type scenario 😂 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

On 1/12/2022 at 3:01 PM, NewEra said:

He can play zone and get pressure on the QB.

If I’m BB, I’m aggressive and make josh throw deep, especially on 3rd down.  Getting pressure and keeping containment is the key to the pats winning imo. 

Good luck playing zone AND getting pressure on Allen.

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

Good luck playing zone AND getting pressure on Allen.

You don’t think they can get pressure on us if they play zone?  Explain why?  You can play zone and bring more than 4 you know?

Let’s not forget that just a couple weeks ago, our OL sucked and was ruining our season.  They’re playing much better recently, thankfully, but I could see Judon taking Spencer Brown to school and Barmore doing the same to Bates or Morse.  Brown has been below average in pass pro.   It’s a game of matchups and our OL hasn’t always been up to the task.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

You don’t think they can get pressure on us if they play zone?  Explain why?  You can play zone and bring more than 4 you know?

Let’s not forget that just a couple weeks ago, our OL sucked and was ruining our season.  They’re playing much better recently, thankfully, but I could see Judon taking Spencer Brown to school and Barmore doing the same to Bates or Morse.  Brown has been below average in pass pro.   It’s a game of matchups and our OL hasn’t always been up to the task.  

Because the Bills have a much better WR/TE corps than the Patriots do DB/LB and Allen has great escapabilty. I hope the Patriots do what you say. They won't get pressure with their d-line alone. No way. Then they will have to blitz to bring that pressure and Allen excells when being blitzed and there will be holes throughout the short to mid zone area.

I have a lot more faith in our o-line than you do.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Because the Bills have a much better WR/TE corps than the Patriots do DB/LB and Allen has great escapabilty. I hope the Patriots do what you say. They won't get pressure with their d-line alone. No way. Then they will have to blitz to bring that pressure and Allen excells when being blitzed and there will be holes throughout the short to mid zone area.

I have a lot more faith in our o-line than you do.

Lol….for s**** and giggles, enlighten me.  

You’re saying that, because our WRs/TE are better than their DBs/LBs that the pats can’t get pressure on us…..because the only way they can get pressure is by blitzing and Josh allen is undefeated vs the blitz.  Nice.  

so basically, there is no defense that can stop us now and it doesn’t matter what any coaches do scheme wise.to confuse us/get pressure.  Josh is a god.  I agree.  

Why did he suck so bad vs the falcons defense?  

you’re over confidant.  I feel we’ll win, but I also give BB credit for being a great coach with the ability to screw up an offenses day if his players execute.  They held us to 10 points just a few weeks ago

On 1/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, corta765 said:

Fans like you are pathetic and insecure. Virtually every team out there is always trying to find ways to get the next advantage possible and will cross the line until their slapped. The big reason the Pats beat the Bills routinely is because of the guy at QB and the talent BB maximized with his system while Buffalo was a doormat of awfulness. If Buffalo had a QB like Allen and coach like McD earlier the scorecard isn't as lopsided. Also take a look at the last two years of games and you'll see Pat fans are now complaining that we get away with stuff.

"Fans like you are pathetic and insecure."  are personal attacks like this ok on this site?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/13/2022 at 8:22 PM, MaltaBillsFan said:

"Fans like you are pathetic and insecure."  are personal attacks like this ok on this site?

Why would it bother you that some random person called you pathetic? If he threatens you I would say cause for alarm but that is just juvenile name-calling.

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I feel like this deserves its own thread because it's definitely great bulletin board material. This guy is an idiot. I have the link here starting at the relevant time (keep watching; it gets worse). Nice to see Matt Cassell defending the Bills though.

Aaaaaaand it gets merged right away. Come on, guys.

3 minutes ago, Process said:

I don't see why this would be bulletin material, at all.

This guy is a nobody and is clearly just not very bright. 

He's really not a nobody. He has a national show on Peacock and SiriusXM.

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I feel like this deserves its own thread because it's definitely great bulletin board material. This guy is an idiot. I have the link here starting at the relevant time (keep watching; it gets worse). Nice to see Matt Cassell defending the Bills though.

“”Kind of (beat a playoff team)” What an idiot ….. #1 Defense, Arguably the best QB in the league, an arsenal of skill players, …. Give me a break. 

• Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Holy crap that was something to watch. Dude is obviously a homer and incredibly salty because his team got whooped, but he continually contradicted himself from one sentence to the next. WHEN the Bills win the super bowl, I want every Buffalo/Rochester sports show to call this guy until he gets on someone’s show and eats a ton of crow!

On 1/11/2022 at 12:27 AM, Sharky7337 said:

Now they're saying Josh Allen can't beat them, the bills are the best draw for them. The bills are one dimensional.

They talk about it near the end around 6:10

Okay, this is beautiful to watch now. Ted Johnson is a complete tool and his comments are hilarious ("I don't trust Josh Allen to put up back to back games like that against the Pats")

• Like (+1) 1

In fairness…he is not wrong in pointing out we did lose 4 games to teams in the playoffs (Pitt, Tenn, Bucs, Pats) than we beat (Chiefs and KC).  And also had 2 embarrassing losses to Jags and Colts.  So to me, this isn’t like Nick Wright kind of click bait, just seems to be a guy not sold on us against better teams.  

However, he is NOT consistent in how he assesses teams.  He claims he doesn’t want to be pinned down about saying Pats were good earlier in the year.  Now claims it’s about what he sees now, that they aren’t good and that they collapsed after bye and there is a story there we don’t know yet.  But at the same time does NOT do the same for the Bills seeing what they have now done in their last 5 games.  

Bills have demolished Pats twice and also found consistency and balance with an emerging run game while playing outstanding defense.  If he is going to adjust his assessments based on how teams are playing recently, there is NO WAY he can look at the Bills and say they aren’t that good.  But he is holding on to his bias until he is utterly forced to change it.  And that won’t happen until we beat a proven threat like KC next week.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

So…the bills haven’t gotten better.  The pats just got worse.  Neat. 

The psychology of this stuff is fascinating. I'm sure we're as guilty as other people but it's easier to spot in other people.

This whole "the Pats blew it" rather than "the Bills kicked their asses" is what I expected from them. 

It's similar with fans around the league too. Earlier I looked at a Browns forum because I was interested to see what they were saying about Allen with regards to Baker. A number of Browns fans were discussing Allen during the game but laying all the credit at the feet of his o-line. They then claimed Baker has a terrible o-line and if Allen played on the Browns he'd be run out of the league.

It's easier to fabricate a false explanation for your sorrows than admitting your franchise made a mistake or got outright beaten up

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.