The blabbering Boston media thread

Motorin'

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

The psychology of this stuff is fascinating. I'm sure we're as guilty as other people but it's easier to spot in other people.

This whole "the Pats blew it" rather than "the Bills kicked their asses" is what I expected from them. 

It's similar with fans around the league too. Earlier I looked at a Browns forum because I was interested to see what they were saying about Allen with regards to Baker. A number of Browns fans were discussing Allen during the game but laying all the credit at the feet of his o-line. They then claimed Baker has a terrible o-line and if Allen played on the Browns he'd be run out of the league.

It's easier to fabricate a false explanation for your sorrows than admitting your franchise made a mistake or got outright beaten up

I could see this narrative if the bill barely beat the pats.  What we saw was an absolute molestation.  You just can’t be an average team and pull that off.  Now…does what happened this week mean anything for next week?  No, but now we know what this team can do when it’s dialed in.  

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Well...if that's that tack they want to take then all roads lead to Belichick. I'd equally love to hear Boston turn on him.

It’s going to happen.  I think the wheels began turning last night. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, teef said:

I could see this narrative if the bill barely beat the pats.  What we saw was an absolute molestation.  You just can’t be an average team and pull that off.  Now…does what happened this week mean anything for next week?  No, but now we know what this team can do when it’s dialed in.  

It’s going to happen.  I think the wheels began turning last night. 

Yea, when you lose by 30 in the playoffs, you are going to get scrutinized pretty closely. Particularly when you are in a market like Boston.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In fairness…he is not wrong in pointing out we did lose 4 games to teams in the playoffs (Pitt, Tenn, Bucs, Pats) than we beat (Chiefs and KC).  And also had 2 embarrassing losses to Jags and Colts.  So to me, this isn’t like Nick Wright kind of click bait, just seems to be a guy not sold on us against better teams.  

However, he is NOT consistent in how he assesses teams.  He claims he doesn’t want to be pinned down about saying Pats were good earlier in the year.  Now claims it’s about what he sees now, that they aren’t good and that they collapsed after bye and there is a story there we don’t know yet.  But at the same time does NOT do the same for the Bills seeing what they have now done in their last 5 games.  

Bills have demolished Pats twice and also found consistency and balance with an emerging run game while playing outstanding defense.  If he is going to adjust his assessments based on how teams are playing recently, there is NO WAY he can look at the Bills and say they aren’t that good.  But he is holding on to his bias until he is utterly forced to change it.  And that won’t happen until we beat a proven threat like KC next week.  

Look after a game like last night it is probably too easy to get “high.” Now it comes down to culture and coaching. Clearly, the Bills have the talent to beat any team in the NFL. They just have to stay hungry enough to do it.

I also think somehow the Bills got better in the last part of the season. It’s hard to say exactly how or why. Probably that the o-line has come together and given them a spark. The fact that the Bills have a run game is doing nothing but making Josh Allen better. You will also note that Allen has started taking some check downs which is huge. I think he has moved beyond his home run every time mentality. The interesting thing about it is that it has made the downfield game that much better.  Defenses have to play the entire field now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, The All-Pro-Knox Gallery said:

When you’re only used to winning you can’t accept defeat

Yup. Look at Rhonda Rousey.  She was suicidal for two years after Holley Holm knocked her out.  

Sober pats fans exist, and they tend to be fans from the age before B&B.  They know what it's like to suck so they don't need to make excuses.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

2 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Yup. Look at Rhonda Rousey.  She was suicidal for two years after Holley Holm knocked her out.  

Sober pats fans exist, and they tend to be fans from the age before B&B.

I live in NE and there is a HUGE disconnect between fans that grew up 90s and prior, and new age fans that only know Chamionships. Fans that lived through the Red Sox 86 year drought and 90s heart break, Bruins falling flat every year, and the Patriots mediocrity, only one the Celtics as the one team that would win.  You have a bunch of hardened die hards that have paid their dues,  and a bunch of over privileged kids... the fan base is largely split between the two. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's cute watching their fanbase continue to try to convince themselves that they have their franchise QB, too.

Mac Jones didn't have a terrible game last night.  But he didn't make a single throw or play that made your jaw drop, or that any other normal run-of-the-mill NFL QB couldn't have made, or that made you think he has a higher ceiling.  He's an average QB with an average arm who will have an average career.  He's not the next Brady and he will never be on a level with Herbert, Burrow, or Mahomes.... let alone Allen.  Deep down, their fans know this now.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In fairness…he is not wrong in pointing out we did lose 4 games to teams in the playoffs (Pitt, Tenn, Bucs, Pats) than we beat (Chiefs and KC).  And also had 2 embarrassing losses to Jags and Colts.  So to me, this isn’t like Nick Wright kind of click bait, just seems to be a guy not sold on us against better teams.  

However, he is NOT consistent in how he assesses teams.  He claims he doesn’t want to be pinned down about saying Pats were good earlier in the year.  Now claims it’s about what he sees now, that they aren’t good and that they collapsed after bye and there is a story there we don’t know yet.  But at the same time does NOT do the same for the Bills seeing what they have now done in their last 5 games.  

Bills have demolished Pats twice and also found consistency and balance with an emerging run game while playing outstanding defense.  If he is going to adjust his assessments based on how teams are playing recently, there is NO WAY he can look at the Bills and say they aren’t that good.  But he is holding on to his bias until he is utterly forced to change it.  And that won’t happen until we beat a proven threat like KC next week.  

I was just waiting for someone to point that ALL of the wins were by double digits. While we didn’t have a ton of wins over playoff teams we did some pretty obviously impressive things. The ifs were fifths statement is also funny cause of our one score record being so bad. Also agree with whoever said that it’s funny how he said the pats get worse but can’t change his opinion of the bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It kills me that their fans think something nefarious happened on the bye week.  Nothing happened.  After the bye they started playing better teams, with the exception of Jacksonville.  That's all.

There's also the very real possibility that the Pats and their QB hit their ceiling during that winning streak.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, BRH said:

Mac Jones didn't have a terrible game last night.  But he didn't make a single throw or play that made your jaw drop, or that any other normal run-of-the-mill NFL QB couldn't have made, or that made you think he has a higher ceiling.  He's an average QB with an average arm who will have an average career.  He's not the next Brady and he will never be on a level with Herbert, Burrow, or Mahomes.... let alone Allen.  Deep down, their fans know this now.

He's got a chance to be somewhere between Mark Sanchez and Chad Pennington... In other words, he plays for the new NY Jets. 

LOL there are so many bwaahaahaaa gigglesnort reactions Im having Today after the game we all saw last night and reading this thread. #snarkcentral

I am Gloating I cant help it VICTORY SUNDAY hahahahahaaaa

soooo much satisfaction. I came here hoping to find belichick tantrum videos lmaooooo giggling for real

m

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/13/2022 at 7:29 PM, NewEra said:

Lol….for s**** and giggles, enlighten me.  

You’re saying that, because our WRs/TE are better than their DBs/LBs that the pats can’t get pressure on us…..because the only way they can get pressure is by blitzing and Josh allen is undefeated vs the blitz.  Nice.  

so basically, there is no defense that can stop us now and it doesn’t matter what any coaches do scheme wise.to confuse us/get pressure.  Josh is a god.  I agree.  

Why did he suck so bad vs the falcons defense?  

you’re over confidant.  I feel we’ll win, but I also give BB credit for being a great coach with the ability to screw up an offenses day if his players execute.  They held us to 10 points just a few weeks ago

You were just enlightened last night.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

You were just enlightened last night.

I’ll be enlightened when/if this continues and we win the SB.  If we don’t and our offense happens to be stifled and our season ends your premise.  

sorry for taking a rational approach to a football game being played against a Belichick defense as opposed to acting like our team is unstoppable vs everyone.  We were last night 💯 and it created a memory that we’ll always remember but we still have to be unstoppable for 3 more games.  🙏🏻 for enlightenment.  

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yea, when you lose by 30 in the playoffs, you are going to get scrutinized pretty closely. Particularly when you are in a market like Boston.

They lost by 4tds and it was not even that close on the field. The scrutiny will be intense.

I live in NE and so this is especially sweet.  Before the first game in early Dec, this guy at work said to me "The Bills are good but they need to work on their defense", which was ridiculous since the Bills were 1 in yards and 2nd in points at the time.  He was just ignorant, I did not mention that stuff......cant wait to see him Tuesday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I love reading these articles from the pats writers about how this defense needs a total overhaul.  This was the number 2 defense!! 

They were kind of like us in that an easy schedule propped them up but they seem to rely on a lot of man defense and winning individual matchups so when they play a good team they get beat up.  We do some interesting things with our scheme so it holds up against good teams a little better 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They were kind of like us in that an easy schedule propped them up but they seem to rely on a lot of man defense and winning individual matchups so when they play a good team they get beat up.  We do some interesting things with our scheme so it holds up against good teams a little better 

Agreed.

i know Mills was out for them, but that team can’t play man against us even with him and win.  Diggs can win against Jackson every time. But he doesn’t need to. Josh just spotted the weakness yesterday and spread it out. Unless the pats have like 5 great cover corners, they will never be able to play man against us and win. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

Okay, this is beautiful to watch now. Ted Johnson is a complete tool and his comments are hilarious ("I don't trust Josh Allen to put up back to back games like that against the Pats")

Worst "I don't think they can do it again" prediction since August 1945.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed.

i know Mills was out for them, but that team can’t play man against us even with him and win.  Diggs can win against Jackson every time. But he doesn’t need to. Josh just spotted the weakness yesterday and spread it out. Unless the pats have like 5 great cover corners, they will never be able to play man against us and win. 

I’m a little (very) biased but I really don’t know where the pats go from here.  Macs ceiling seems like it’s not very high but he could be solid.  The defense though has a bunch of older guys who’s contracts are up soon and even with those guys they forced 0 points against their division rival two games in a row.  Barmore and Judon don’t really look special if their secondary isn’t taking receivers out of the game 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, BRH said:

It kills me that their fans think something nefarious happened on the bye week.  Nothing happened.  After the bye they started playing better teams, with the exception of Jacksonville.  That's all.

There's also the very real possibility that the Pats and their QB hit their ceiling during that winning streak.

patriots beat

jets

texans

jets

Chargers— start of 4th LA up by one. They throw a pick 6 early in the 4th to be down by 7.

panthers— NE 14-6 at halftime. Panthers driving and through a red zone pick 6

browns

titans— Titans had 3 drives and in turnovers on NE side of field the last of the 3 the score was 26-13.they score on these they probably lead the game.

bills— the ***** wind game.

jags

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll be enlightened when/if this continues and we win the SB.  If we don’t and our offense happens to be stifled and our season ends your premise.  

sorry for taking a rational approach to a football game being played against a Belichick defense as opposed to acting like our team is unstoppable vs everyone.  We were last night 💯 and it created a memory that we’ll always remember but we still have to be unstoppable for 3 more games.  🙏🏻 for enlightenment.  

Straw man.

We were talking about the Patriots and the Patriots alone.

In the last three games where we didn't have hurricane conditions, Josh Allen has absolutely shredded Bill Belichick.

Historically shredded him.

The three games that didn't involve hurricane weather? 38, 33 and 47 points and 2 punts total.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed.

The great thing is that BB will be focussing this year's draft and free agency on stopping Josh Allen, which is kind of cool when you think about it

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

Straw man.

We were talking about the Patriots and the Patriots alone.

In the last three games where we didn't have hurricane conditions, Josh Allen has absolutely shredded Bill Belichick.

Historically shredded him.

The three games that didn't involve hurricane weather? 38, 33 and 47 points and 2 punts total.

You were talking about the patriots but the reasons you gave regarding why they can’t stop us can be applied to almost every team in the league.  That was my perspective on the conversation we were having.  The reasons just don’t stand up in a vacuum.   

it was a helluva performance.  I’ll believe we’re unstoppable when we win the super bowl.  Not saying it can’t happen….but being unstoppable isn’t an easy feat to accomplish 

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I love reading these articles from the pats writers about how this defense needs a total overhaul.  This was the number 2 defense!! 

Driving home listening to the national post-game radio broadcast: analysts mention at least 3 times that the Patriots need to get "younger and faster," particularly on defense. 

I haven't tried to check for the offense and defense separately, but the "need to be younger" thing doesn't seem to pan out.

Average age of the Bills 53 man at the start of the season: 26.3

Of the Patriots: 26.5

Maybe they just need to get better (rather than younger or faster)

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I feel like this deserves its own thread because it's definitely great bulletin board material. This guy is an idiot. I have the link here starting at the relevant time (keep watching; it gets worse). Nice to see Matt Cassell defending the Bills though.

I give the other announcers credit for being honest and I will point out that Buffalo is why Miami and New Orleans are not in the playoffs. Michael Holley is a clown who is stuck on the Bills losing to Jags, which is one of biggest surprises in a lot of years 

3 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Worst "I don't think they can do it again" prediction since August 1945.

That should not be that funny.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The All-Pro-Knox Gallery said:

When you’re only used to winning you can’t accept defeat

aka can't be objective and continually deny what is obvious to any other thinking person. That the Bills Are a much better Team.... AND belichick had No answer,  no halftime adjustment and No CLUE what to do against our offense.  pats* fans acting like a bunch of immature spoiled brats.   Im sooo shocked  /Sarcasm

here's a crying towel patsie fan enjoy your offseason *wink*

lol

signed bills mafia

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

aka can't be objective and continually deny what is obvious to any other thinking person. That the Bills Are a much better Team.... AND belichick had No answer,  no halftime adjustment and No CLUE what to do against our offense.

It was remarked upon in the GDT... when was the last time you saw Belichick getting preposterated to the point where he had to call a defensive timeout in the first half? And that was the #2 defense in the league over the regular season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.