MNF: Browns at Steelers

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Jaret is a Moss-like back but with much better balance and a lot harder to bring down. He would have been a great for the Bills.

Neither Moss nor Singletary threatens the edge sufficiently. Brenda does but is unreliable, turnover prone and a dummy. Some kind of a duel-threat back with straight-line speed who can slip out and feast on check downs would be an element I think would encourage Josh to just take the check for the potential of big plays.

Looking at you, Christian Wade.

Is Snoop trying to talk about polishing the helmet?

Edited by Ralonzo

12 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

#1 overall pick Baker Mayfield literally stinks...5 of 17 for 65 yards, 1 INT. Can't run, can't throw, can't read the coverage.

2800 passing yards on the season, 13 games going 6-7, 15 TDs, 11 INTs

Makes me so glad the Browns passing on Josh Allen not once, but twice at #1 & #4 overall. 

RB Nick Chubb, that O line

2018 7-8-1

2019 6-10

2020 11-5 and paper tigers who were supposed to get to the super bowl in 2021. If only they had a QB worth a crap. Backup Case Keenum is a better QB.

currently 7-8 and looking to go 7-9. wonder if they draft a QB in the first round this year?

Maybe they were paper tigers, but they were one weird fumble out of the back of the end zone from beating the Chiefs (dumbest rule in the sport btw, a fumble out of the endzone should just give the offense back the ball where they fumbled, not a touchback for the other team).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I smile every time I hear Renegade now.

I do. Or Blue Collar Man or Come Sail Away for that matter.

Bogus holding penalty on Cleveland. Lame. Make an unwatchable game even less watchable. Didn’t these refs hear Goodell when he wasn’t yukking. 

16 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Neither Moss nor Singletary threatens the edge sufficiently. Brenda does but is unreliable, turnover prone and a dummy. Some kind of a duel-threat back with straight-line speed who can slip out and feast on check downs would be an element I think would encourage Josh to just take the check for the potential of big plays.

Looking at you, Christian Wade.

Is Snoop trying to talk about polishing the helmet?

Yep , a dual threat back who can catch over his shoulder would be amazing !  Josh’s int spree would come to an end with a true receiving  rb threat.  Thurman was the prototype !  Motor has to turn and come to a stop to catch. Loses so much yac that way.    Josh also has to quit fighting his own guys for Attempts lkke he did with McKenzie yesterday.  Really he is amazing but that hero mode , just like it can win games , can also lose games when he keeps forcing things.  

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If I was him I would be demanding to be traded during the off-season. Imagine Chubb here alongside with Allen and Diggs and Singletary. Oh the possibilities 

Yeah, but would he want to share carries with Singletary and Allen?

40 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

#1 overall pick Baker Mayfield literally stinks...5 of 17 for 65 yards, 1 INT. Can't run, can't throw, can't read the coverage.

Makes me so glad the Browns passing on Josh Allen not once, but twice at #1 & #4 overall. 

2018 7-8-1

2019 6-10

2020 11-5 and paper tigers who were supposed to get to the super bowl in 2021. If only they had a QB worth a crap. Backup Case Keenum is a better QB.

currently 7-8 and looking to go 7-9. wonder if they draft a QB in the first round this year?

Huge companies like Nike and Progessive waste millions on this terrible qb. Embarrassing pick for endorsements. 

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Najee Harris needed a ton of points to cost me my FF championship, and he pulled it off with that last TD.  I’m bitter!

Kind of dirty of him not to let Big Ben kneel the game out. Lucky for Ben the D got one more turnover 

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm just glad they're not overdoing the Big Ben tribute.

"Posted 20 minutes ago" - and just ended

Edit: Well he finally left the field at least

Edited by stevewin

8 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Steelers screwed up again just nabbing Harris!  Always a couple of picks ahead just at the wrong moment of our need in the draft! How good would he loook as a Bill when we might need him against the Titans as Henry returns for the playoffs!   Yet we can’t ever get Starr back!   Lol.  I swear he has retired but they are keeping it quiet in Mcd style! 

Except if he retired - why did he play against the Falcons?

They got Star back - I really don’t understand this post.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm just glad they're not overdoing the Big Ben tribute.

I switched it over to a movie the Mr Raper ball washing was nauseating :(

4 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

So everyone’s just forgetting this guy raped someone?

I think it was more than one co-ed that got slipped a roofie

8 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

2018 7-8-1

2019 6-10

I don't think any NFL team has ever doubled down on early first round QB's ;)

What a great way to divide a locker room ;)

5 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

So everyone’s just forgetting this guy raped someone?

Yeah, let's demonize him for the rest of his life because of one mistake.

10 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Steelers screwed up again just nabbing Harris!  Always a couple of picks ahead just at the wrong moment of our need in the draft! How good would he loook as a Bill when we might need him against the Titans as Henry returns for the playoffs!   Yet we can’t ever get Starr back!   Lol.  I swear he has retired but they are keeping it quiet in Mcd style! 

Harris isn't good. He's incredibly slow. He's not what the Bills need at all. Watching him try to gain the edge and make it to the endzone on that final play was painful.

• Dislike 1

Neither QB was good but at least Ben has an excuse of being ancient

31 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, let's demonize him for the rest of his life because of one mistake.

Harris isn't good. He's incredibly slow. He's not what the Bills need at all. Watching him try to gain the edge and make it to the endzone on that final play was painful.

Dude runs a 4.45 40...that's not slow

8 hours ago, Nitro said:

On side kick did not make sense with two time outs.  Kick it deep.  Get the stops and use the time outs.   Force a punt and get one try for a throw to the end zone.  

And if they did that and kicked it deep and the Steelers get a first down, you'd have said why didn't they onside kick.

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

46 attempts for ben to get to 123yds. Thats a 2.7 YPA..... Mother of god. 

That team is statistically ranked in the mid 20's in both offensive and defensive yards and points allowed its a freaking MIRACLE that they've ended up a game over .500

Tomlin is a great coach.  They were fighting for a playoff spot 2 years ago with Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges as their QB’s.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Tomlin is a great coach.  They were fighting for a playoff spot 2 years ago with Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges as their QB’s.  

I keep hearing about Tomlin...when was that 2019? Rudolph 5-3, Hodges 3-3. The Steelers went 8-8 that season. 

Yet, Tomlin has had Big Ben most of his entire tenure as HC of the Steelers. Let's see what he does without Ben.

Both Cowher and Tomlin have been Steelers HC for 15 years each.

Tomlin 240 games 153-85-2.

Cowher,  240 games 149-90-1, he did it with QB's like Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, Mike Tomczak, Neil O'Donnell, Big Ben his last three seasons. 

They both took their teams to two SB's and each won one and lost one. Both with 11 winning seasons. 

image.png.a52d9f1e31b92d54943b9b4a7ff172e0.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.