MNF: Browns at Steelers

YoloinOhio

Storyline was supposed to be a big division game that had AFC North winner/WC implications … it now has neither except for Steelers still being alive for a WC if they win. Biggest storyline now is that it’s Ben’s last home game. 2nd biggest storyline is that Aaron Rodgers isn’t afraid of the jinx and is tempting fate by going on the manningcast.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Storyline was supposed to be a big division game that had AFC North winner/WC implications … it now has neither except for Steelers still being alive for a WC if they win. Biggest storyline now is that it’s Ben’s last home game. 2nd biggest storyline is that Aaron Rodgers isn’t afraid of the jinx and is tempting fate by going on the manningcast.

Rodgers smartly going on after his team wrapped up a bye. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll give ESPN credit for actually doing something right, for a change. I probably wouldn’t have watched this game if not for the Manning Cast. I’ve only seen a few minutes of it this year, oddly, buy I enjoyed what little I saw. 

Just now, Augie said:

I’ll give ESPN credit for actually doing something right, for a change. I probably wouldn’t have watched this game if not for the Manning Cast. I’ve only seen a few minutes of it this year, oddly, buy I enjoyed what little I saw. 

This game is built to watch via manningcast, I agree. I recorded the one that they did during the bills/pats mnf game but never watched it. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was texting with a buddy who is a Steelers fan and is at the game.

We watched the 2004 draft together and he went nuts/angry when the Steelers picked Big Ben. He was like, “So stupid! They could have had Dunta Robinson!” We still remind him of that. 

Remember watching that draft.  Was praying the Bills would trade ahead of Pittsburgh.  Apparently Jax wanted too much in a trade up.  So instead Donahoe gave up the farm to trade up for Losman.  And the next 15 years was history.  

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was texting with a buddy who is a Steelers fan and is at the game.

We watched the 2004 draft together and he went nuts/angry when the Steelers picked Big Ben. He was like, “So stupid! They could have had Dunta Robinson!” We still remind him of that. 

I remember when Maddox(?) got hurt and steelers fans were saying the season was over, and then rothlesberger goes 14-1. It's crazy he's played this long. It seems like yesterday 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Remember watching that draft.  Was praying the Bills would trade ahead of Pittsburgh.  Apparently Jax wanted too much in a trade up.  So instead Donahoe gave up the farm to trade up for Losman.  And the next 15 years was history.  

Apparently, TD had Ben ranked as the top QB on his board and almost did that deal. Would love to know now how close/far apart they were. If it was like a future 3rd round pick, ugh….

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Apparently, TD had Ben ranked as the top QB on his board and almost did that deal. Would love to know now how close/far apart they were. If it was like a future 3rd round pick, ugh….

It was the ultimate double whammy because the next years no.1 we traded to get JP Losman, could of gotten us Aaron Rodgers.  Its how you set a franchise back 3 years.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t think that part ever came out, which made me question how much truth there was/is to any of it.

• Agree 1

• Simon pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wasn't Big Ben selected right before the Bills pick? I think ol' Whitey wanted Ben but had to settle for JP Losman.

The rumor was Donahoe wanted Big Ben and tried to trade up (Houston pick?) but couldn't swing a deal.

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t think that part ever came out, which made me question how much truth there was/is to any of it.

You're right on that because TD gave up a one plus to get JP, if he had Ben ranked that high, why wouldn't he of made a deal.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

The rumor was Donahoe wanted Big Ben and tried to trade up (Houston pick?) but couldn't swing a deal.

7 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

You're right on that because TD gave up a one plus to get JP, if he had Ben ranked that high, why wouldn't he of made a deal.

Donahoe drafted Lee Evans at 13. A great WR but a great QB would have better served the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.