Antonio Brown strips in EZ and retires mid game? Edit: and now feuding with Bucs

Process

22 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Blows my mind that Bell and brown had great careers there just to piss it away.

Brown played 9 seasons in Pittsburgh and made $70M there.  I agree that he could have made a fair bit more money in the years since if he had kept it all together, but he did have a long and lucrative run there.  It wasn’t the same situation as Bell. 

43 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Just because he’s rich doesn’t mean we shouldn’t empathize.  This is a sad situation.  We simply do not treat mental health issues well in this country.  He’s clearly sick and in need of help and it could end really poorly.

Have you tried to help an adult with mental issues? Nothing you can do. Most people try at first than give up. I know. He surely had had way more chances than most people.

And while it's bad we can't help them more, it's better this way then force somebody against their will to get treatment as the abuse potential would be way too great. 

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Weird how anyone who exhibits negative behavior is labeled mentally ill these days. Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. I wish him the best regardless. 

Yes, I agree....the thin line between mental instability and being an ####### has become quite blurred. I seriously do think Brown is mentally unstable though. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Difference between “negative” and “directly and consistently adverse to your own obvious best interests.”

True. But nobody called Vontae Davis mentally ill. They called him things like "bad teammate" but not things like mentally ill.

Watch the video. Losing interest in one's profession and walking out in the middle of a workday happens all the time. Taking off your work uniform and strutting around a crowd of 70,000 flapping your arms like an idiot is ... special.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

True. Nobody called Vontae Davis mentally ill. They called him things like "bad teammate" but not things like mentally ill.

Watch the video. Losing interest in one's profession and walking out in the middle of a workday happens all the time. Taking off your work uniform and strutting around a crowd of 70,000 flapping your hands like an idiot is ... special.

I legitimately do not think he knows the difference between right and wrong behavior right now - he seems to be sick.

17 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

It will be a travesty if any time ever puts him on a roster again.

It will be a travesty if people just trash the guy and don’t seek to get him help. We don’t know what is possible at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's been a headcase for longer than that

He definitely did not have the public issues before then.  Unless that was just the Steelers keeping things quiet while they wanted him there, his real problems started after 2016 when he took that hit from Burflict. 

• Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Yes, I agree....the thin line between mental instability and being an ####### has become quite blurred. I seriously do think Brown is mentally unstable though. 

I think the comment may be getting at this:

Did he quit in this flamboyant manner because he's a narcissist?

Or did he quit in this flamboyant manner because he has narcissistic personality disorder.

The moral judgement and the diagnosis are identical here. The only difference is the use of the active vs. the passive voice. My English teachers always favored the former. So do I.

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

It will be a travesty if people just trash the guy and don’t seek to get him help. We don’t know what is possible at this point. 

Why?

Tom Brady tweets something cryptic about understanding him or getting him help. Fine. But if AB is suffering from a mental illness, shouldn't they be treating him the same as a player with a physical illness? I mean, we don't cut a guy immediately after a game if he's suffering from a broken leg or cancer. If Brady thinks AB needs help and that his behavior is explained by mental illness, the correct response would be to treat it the same as any other illness. We've seen notable cases in MLB where that's exactly what was done:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/04/20/mlb-mental-health-reckoning-daily-cover

I don't see any daylight between Arians' view and Brady's view. Brady is talking a good game about "getting help," but he's acting in a way that supports a coach cutting a player with huge disciplinary issues.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Why?

Tom Brady tweets something cryptic about understanding him or getting him help. Fine. But if AB is suffering from a mental illness, shouldn't they be treating him the same as a player with a physical illness? I mean, we don't cut a guy immediately after a game if he's suffering from a broken leg or cancer. If Brady thinks AB needs help and that his behavior is explained by mental illness, the correct response would be to treat it the same as any other illness. We've seen notable cases in MLB where that's exactly what was done:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/04/20/mlb-mental-health-reckoning-daily-cover

I don't see any daylight between Arians' view and Brady's view. Brady is talking a good game about "getting help," but he's acting in a way that supports a coach cutting a player with huge disciplinary issues.

How many times has a guy quit on his team mid game?  Good riddance to him, if he wasn’t such a scumbag off the field I might feel a little bad for him.  Can’t wait to see his 20/20 when he’s in prison or bankrupt.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.