1/2/2022 Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

That's not much of anything...field will be slick but that's about it.

Yea hopefully affects ATL more than Bills. Either way we will likely see some lose their footing running routes on both sides. Just hope for Bills sake it doesn't result in any TO's

16 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Of the ex Bills on the Atlanta roster:  Matt Barkley, AJ McCarron, Lee Smith and Lafayette Pitts, Smith and Pitts can see some playing time.  Lee Smith was a favorite of mine when he was on the Bills.  Send them home with a loss. 

No wonder they're so bad....

Got my new TV set up in play for the first time this season. My missus got me a projector for Christmas so it’s the Bills 90 inches wide in the living room this evening. 

Add on a few spiced rum and ginger ales and I’m all set.

Enjoy the game, all 👍 

• Like (+1) 11

In a development across the defensive line, the Falcons have decided to keep Tyeler Davisoninactive. Davison recently came off the reserve/COVID-19 list on Friday. This means rookie Ta'Quon Graham and practice squad elevation Nick Thurman could see more extended playing time. 

Here is the full list of Falcons inactives: 

QB Feleipe Franks

QB Matt Barkley

CB Fabian Moreau

OL Josh Andrews

DL Tyeler Davison

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-inactives-falcons-make-decision-on-backup-quarterback-ahead-of-buffalo-b

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why did we waste such a valuable pick on Basham? We have almost nobody that is getting to the QB and this guy can’t even get active in week 17? Stop drafting Dlimeman. Obviously these guys don’t know what they look like in college. Just sign them in FA. Use those picks somewhere else.

Because nobody sees the future and nobody hits on all draft picks, that's why. Not to mention his career isn't over.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Because nobody sees the future and nobody hits on all draft picks, that's why. Not to mention his career isn't over.

It’s hard to give these guys the benefit of the doubt with the Dline draft history unfortunately. The guy not even being on the field isn’t something I feel good about. Why are we redshirting Dlineman? It’s not a giant learning curve here

Man, the level of admiration I have for 17 is gone to another level this year. With 3 years of tape and coming off 13 wins, a title appearance and MVP votes and getting every opponents best defensive shot… yet look at what this kid has done this year.

I feel blessed and downright giddy to call this stud a Buffalo Bill. Soak every single one of his performances in … simply amazing

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why did we waste such a valuable pick on Basham? We have almost nobody that is getting to the QB and this guy can’t even get active in week 17? Stop drafting Dlimeman. Obviously these guys don’t know what they look like in college. Just sign them in FA. Use those picks somewhere else.

Players develop. Give him time. Agree, he may not have helped the way we hoped this season, however give him an offseason getting in and NFL weight room, learning his craft a bit and he may well be valuable down the road. Shoot, up until early this year Oliver was iffy as to what he could become...and we see now he's pretty good. 

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Players develop. Give him time. Agree, he may not have helped the way we hoped this season, however give him an offseason getting in and NFL weight room, learning his craft a bit and he may well be valuable down the road. Shoot, up until early this year Oliver was iffy as to what he could become...and we see now he's pretty good. 

But I want it nooooowwwwwww!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s hard to give these guys the benefit of the doubt with the Dline draft history unfortunately. The guy not even being on the field isn’t something I feel good about. Why are we redshirting Dlineman? It’s not a giant learning curve here

Be sure to submit your resume to 1BD

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They really don’t play the same role. McKenzie running very different routes last week than Beasley. He had the speed to run those drag routes in man situations.  I think their usage over the rest of the season and playoffs will be dependent on matchups. McKenzie was matched up 1:1 with a backup CB who belichick never adjusted to give him help. Beasley consistently goes against the top slot corners. 

Yup. McKenzie was playing the John Brown role. Deep slants and crosses. Runnimg always from people in man and through zones.  Sanders and Davis do that a little but there games are more vertical.  As you stated that is not Beasley game.  He excels on short curls and quick out patterns. 

Hope to see more McKenzie on first and second down and let Beasley play some third downs when they need to pick up a short to medium gain.

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

No as artificial surface.   Am only aware of this being done on natural grass fields.  Maybe the new stadium will be heated as early indications are that it will have natural turf.  

Turf can be heated.  HS field near here is

just trying to keep it above freezing so it’s not hard

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BritBill said:

It wasn’t just the penalties it was them being called against players who weren’t even dressed after the officials had talked it over for 5 minutes. 

It was painful to watch. 

Most embarrassing game this year. Couldn’t believe the debating back and forth for minutes.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Thank you and all who wished well (I'm not sure how to quote multiple posts). It seems like she is going to be OK.

when I read your post I thought asthma or Croup. My son had croup as a child.... Very scary to hear them wheeze. The treatments they give n ER are fabulous. If they thought she was at risk of further complications they'd have admitted her. So the fact she is home is GREAT. Just keep a close eye kids are resiient its WE parents that need recovery from that kind of experience also. Yikes man. God speed and prayers for you all.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Don’t get me wrong, they have been incredible almost everywhere else. And I’m not even saying they can’t identify a vet that can get it done. I’d just stop drafting them for a bit.

Star, Murphy, Butler, Jefferson, and Addison were veteran singings. Star is ok at best. Addison is at best ok sometimes. The rest are awful. But I wanted to keep Lawson and he has turned out to be even worse than he was with Buffalo so they made the right decision there.

Hated the Oliver pick but he is playing well now. He will likely never live up to draft position but he is looking like a solid above average starter. I was ready to write off Phillips but he has had a nice month or two of games. Hope he finishes the season strong.

• Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yea hopefully affects ATL more than Bills. Either way we will likely see some lose their footing running routes on both sides. Just hope for Bills sake it doesn't result in any TO's

Atlanta might be looking to run back on the bus getting a taste of this weather

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Star, Murphy, Butler, Jefferson, and Addison were veteran singings. Star is ok at best. Addison is at best ok sometimes. The rest are awful. But I wanted to keep Lawson and he has turned out to be even worse than he was with Buffalo so they made the right decision there.

Hated the Oliver pick but he is playing well now. He will likely never live up to draft position but he is looking like a solid above average starter. I was ready to write off Phillips but he has had a nice month or two of games. Hope he finishes the season strong.

Leslie Frazier must be a god to have the number 1 D with such crappy players

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Curious if they are even gonna show the bills game today since there has been zero coverage about the game in the last hour and a half.

We are playing a garbage NFC team. There could not be a less interesting matchup.

Nice! Keep feliciano on the bench.

No more injuries please.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1