1/2/2022 Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just like that, the holidays are over. Decorations coming down, no more Xmas music on the radio and new gym memberships are beginning. BUT THERE’S STILL 2 WEEKS LEFT IN THE REGULAR SEASON! Nothing has been determined yet regarding the Bills playoff possibilities nor seedlings should we clinch a berth. This is crazy and it’s going to get crazier with an 18 game season and another Bye week in the near future. We’ve already endured possibly the worst weather season in team history and it’s January already. Either the League starts the season on Labor Day or we need a dome!

Speaking of covered stadiums, todays opponent is ‘Hot-lanta’, where we gave them their 1st ever loss in their new arena when we last played them. They’re suffering through another disappointing season and this could be Matty Ices’ last year with the team. But like every team, they have some excellent players and can win any game. Snow and temps in the low 20’s just may be an ally today! With the Super Bowl nearing Valentines Day now, 7/8’s of the season will now be played in crappy weather! Helluva era to finally have a great passer..🤦‍♂️

Nonetheless, Allen & company haven’t looked better than they have these last 2 and a half games. The weather has played a role in Josh not being named to the Pro Bowl, but he’s still having another record setting year for us. It appears we’ve minimized the Covid impact for now, we’re getting healthier all around and we’re playing great team football of late. 

It’s also just our luck that Miami & NE* are too good and final verdicts won’t be handed down until the regular season completes next weekend. So, weather be damned! Let’s go head first into a blizzard 6 game winning streak!

Happy New Year!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Chandler#81 changed the title to 1/2/2022 Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Pregame Thread
29 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Nothing has been determined yet regarding the Bills playoff possibilities nor seedlings should we clinch a birth.

Nice writeup Chandler81.  The word at the end of above sentence should read berth

Unless you are Travis Henry, Antonio Cromartie or Josh Jacobs 😎

Edited by freddyjj
  • Haha (+1) 9

Happy Game Day, TBD! I hope you have a great first Sunday of the New Year. For most of us the holiday break or swoon is over and tomorrow is the real back-to-work day. So enjoy this last one, and what a perfect way to cap it off celebrating a big Bills that locks them into the play-offs!

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 6

24 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Up early taking my 5-yo daughter to the ER because she woke up unable to breathe. Waiting now. Go Bills

Best wishes. Some things are more important than football. The Bills will carry on. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. 

• Like (+1) 7

35 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Get the win, stay healthy.

On a personal greedy note, I need Josh, Singletary, and maybe D. Knox(could play H Henry) to have a big game. Fantasy Football Championship Game in on the line. 

Love the “I need” posts…..atta boy!

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Up early taking my 5-yo daughter to the ER because she woke up unable to breathe. Waiting now. Go Bills

Prayers for your Daughter!  Please update us when you know more.

• Like (+1) 4

We had a bunch of BS penalties that game and I remember the Jags being blatantly Offside and it not being called.

Any chance they call a better game?   probably not, so leave no doubt Bills, CRUSH them!

Edited by stosh64
  • Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

We had a bunch of BS penalties that game and I remember the Jags being blatantly Offside and it not being called.

Any chance they call a better game?   probably not, so leave no doubt Bills, CRUSH them!

It wasn’t just the penalties it was them being called against players who weren’t even dressed after the officials had talked it over for 5 minutes. 

It was painful to watch. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

I know it’s juvenile, but every time I hear Land Clark this is all I can think of…

land shark GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

The jags had about 8 blatant false start penalties, all went uncalled

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Today is just as big a game as any so far. Have a chance to get in and that’s step 1. There’s nothing assumed in this crazy Covid infested season. Even a jet win isn’t sure because of the uncertainty. Get this win today and hope the Rams put us in and we can kind of breathe easy and just hang in for seeding. First things first, take care of this one.