Raiders @ Colts
Broncos @ Chargers 
Browns @ Steelers (MNF)

Mixed conference games:

Rams @ Ravens
Falcons @ Bills

Crap games: 

Jags @ Patriots 

I guess the potential AFC match-ups and teams are so up in the air that idk who to root for, aside from the obvious….

Current Seedings:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

If we can get one or two good teams (Colts/Pats/Ravens) OUT of wild card contention, and sneak in the Raiders or Steelers…then ill consider that a win.

Either way, go bills! 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Got some great AFC match-ups this week: 

Great Conference games:

Dolphins @ Titans
Chiefs @ Bengals
Raiders @ Colts
Broncos @ Chargers 
Browns @ Steelers (MNF)

Mixed conference games:

Rams @ Ravens
Falcons @ Bills

Crap games: 

Jags @ Patriots 

I guess the potential AFC match-ups and teams are so up in the air that idk who to root for, aside from the obvious….

Current Seedings:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

If we can get one or two good teams (Colts/Pats/Ravens) OUT of wild card contention, and sneak in the Raiders or Steelers…then ill consider that a win.

Either way, go bills! 

I hope Trevor Lawrence has his breakout game and stomps Macaroni Jones back into his pasta box!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Would love to see Bills win + Ravens loss , which puts Bills into the postseason I believe.  The rest is of limited interest.   

Yep, they should make it simple and remove the tie scenarios until that may come up.

Buffalo clinches playoff berth with:

BUF win + BAL loss or tie OR
BUF win + LAC loss or tie + LV loss or tie OR
BUF tie + MIA loss or tie + LAC loss + LV loss OR
BUF tie + MIA loss or tie + LAC loss or tie + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie OR
BUF tie + MIA loss or tie + LV loss or tie + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie OR
BUF tie + NE loss or tie + LAC Loss + LV loss OR
BUF tie + NE loss or tie + LAC loss or tie + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie OR
BUF tie + NE loss or tie + LV loss or tie + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie OR
BUF tie + LAC loss + LV loss + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

41 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I hope Trevor Lawrence has his breakout game and stomps Macaroni Jones back into his pasta box!

At this point since we can beat the Pats when not in a typhon so  I would rather have the Pats win barely but Mac Jones to have enough terrible game and accelerate his downward projection.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Dream scenario:

Capture.JPG

Only problem with that one is that I’d love to see the Colts take out KC, but that means we’d get them the next round.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Only problem with that one is that I’d love to see the Colts take out KC, but that means we’d get them the next round.

Yeah, I saw that but not sure there is a scenario where a good team plays against the chiefs otherwise. I think we can beat the colts but that beating by them is still fresh haha. Gotta play the good teams sometime. 

Just think though, Chiefs do the dirty work of eliminating the colts, then go on to lose to the titans or bengals. Bengals/Titans vs Bills conference championship is best case scenario i feel like, unless one of the wildcards surprises everyone (which could be the colts).

This is all a dream though haha, Chiefs and Colts aren't dropping their last two games.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Agree 1

Both Falcons and Jets are games a legitimate Super Bowl contender ought to win. A winning streak and closing out the division on their own terms is what I think is best for Buffalo's playoff run.

I am rooting for that and Jonathan Taylor being in safety/health protocols if we match the Colts!

Better yet, let Taylor get 20 carries for 40 yards against Buffalo so our run defense creates more confidence!

Edited by Wizard

18 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Need the Titans to loose their last two games to give us a shot at the #2 seed. Definitely rooting for Miami this week.

If the Dolphins beat the Titans, both the Bills and Titans will have 6 losses (assuming the Bills beat the Falcons).  The last games of the year are the Titans at the Texans, and the Bills vs the Jets, and both the Titans and Bills figure to win their games.  If it comes down to the Bills vs Titans for the 2 seed, obviously the Titans have the head to head edge.  

What if there are three 11-6 teams?  Say, Bengals, Bills, and Titans -- a very real possibility.  I am not sure how that would shake out, but Cinci would have the best conference record of the three.  Once again I don't think the Bills could get the 2 seed.  

If Tennessee loses both its remaining games, and Cinci loses to either the Chiefs or Browns, I think that's the only way the Bills get the 2 seed.

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

would like to see Dolphins, Bengals and Raiders get the W's this week

i think that is what happens. I see the Dolphins and Bengals both winning and Raiders facing the Colts without Wentz have a good shot I think. They'll need to sell out to stop the run and double AJ.

I think the Titans are not very scary without Henry and I'm fairly confident the Bills will beat them if they meet again.

45 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I don't see the need for rooting interest... just win out.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

true that.  Although, a higher seed than #4 would be nice

To me it’s more about match-ups. 

Obviously we want our team in the playoffs, regardless of where they land. However, there is a path of least resistance and favorable match-ups that could happen.

For example, even if we end as the 4 seed, we could play a number of different of opponents. 

Therefore, my rooting interests have more to do with WHO we will play than IF we will play. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

who’s more worrisome 

Mahomes & KC or Burrows & Bungles? 

KC still has a (1/2 game lead) on Buffalo with a the edge H2H.  

IMO, any game against Mahomes in the playoffs will be the more worrisome. I love Burrow and think he is going to be a great QB in this league for a long time; however, he is not yet in the same tier as Mahomes and hasn't played in playoff environments yet. To me, Mahomes and Brady are just at a different level come playoff time than anyone else, at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/12/31/22859957/bills-rooting-interests-for-week-17-playoffs-and-2022-nfl-draft-both-in-the-picture

Los Angeles Rams over Baltimore Ravens (8-7)

Denver Broncos (7-8) over Los Angeles Chargers (8-7)

Indianapolis Colts (9-6) over Las Vegas Raiders (8-7)

Kansas City Chiefs (11-4) over Cincinnati Bengals (9-6)

to root for the Bengals over the Chiefs so Buffalo can win the one seed, It’s a 0.2 percent chance of happening, so ——

otherwise the Bills can move up to the three seed with a small chance of getting to the second spot.

Miami Dolphins (8-7) over Tennessee Titans (10-5)

Cleveland Browns (7-8) over Pittsburgh Steelers (7-7-1)

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-13) over New England Patriots (9-6)

there are just too many reasons to list 

On 12/30/2021 at 6:24 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

not if the Jags pull out a Victory!

If the Pats do win but Jones looks horrible, throws for less than 50% completion, a pick or two, and under 175 yards for the game would keep the doubt growing for another beat down in Miami. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

For the Bills to get the #1 seed:

Week 17:

- Falcons at Bills

- Chiefs at Bengals

- Raiders at Colts (Colts could also lose week 18 vs Jags for the same effect)

Dolphins at Titans

Week 18:

- Jets at Bills

- Bengals at Browns

- Titans at Texans

- Chiefs at Broncos

Chiefs could have helped us out with a loss to the Chargers a couple weeks ago.
Titans probably should have lost to the 49ers last week.
Colts probably should have lost to the Cards last week.
Bills could have helped themselves by not losing at the last play of the game a bunch of times...

Imagine what that parlay would pay out...

Edited by DapperCam

On 12/30/2021 at 4:34 PM, Da webster guy said:

would like to see Dolphins, Bengals and Raiders get the W's this week

Partially Agree, but lets not stop there, also go for a win from Steelers and Rams too.  But no lets go Chiefs.  Bills aren't getting the #1 seed think I heard there's a 2% chance, Titans would need to lose two along with Chiefs and likely more losses than possibly can happen. Yes we beat the Chiefs, but other than a two way tie with them for the top spot, we'd lose most other tie breakers, i.e. Titans bet both us and Chiefs.

On the other hand the 3 seed is doable as can see the teams in the North all beating each other up, and have a little bit of a shot at the 2 seed, but not likely as can't see the Titans losing two.  Even then the Colts may still be ahead.

14 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Partially Agree, but lets not stop there, also go for a win from Steelers and Rams too.  But no lets go Chiefs.  Bills aren't getting the #1 seed think I heard there's a 2% chance, Titans would need to lose two along with Chiefs and likely more losses than possibly can happen. Yes we beat the Chiefs, but other than a two way tie with them for the top spot, we'd lose most other tie breakers, i.e. Titans bet both us and Chiefs.

On the other hand the 3 seed is doable as can see the teams in the North all beating each other up, and have a little bit of a shot at the 2 seed, but not likely as can't see the Titans losing two.  Even then the Colts may still be ahead.

All great...first is take care of business against the Falcons and watch Baltimore lose to the Rams.  That gets us into the playoffs.   Nothing else matters on Sunday 

• Like (+1) 1

Just some notes on playoff scenarios in the AFC

The Browns will win the AFC Central if KC beats the Bengals sunday, the Browns beat the Steelers Monday night, and then the Browns, at home, beat the Bengals in week 18..

The Raiders actually are in control of their own destiny.  no matter what happens in other games, if the Raiders win their last 2, they will be in the wild card. They have the Colts and Chargers to finish the year...so not likely, but they do have their own destiny in their hands.

The Chargers are in real trouble...they need to win out VS the Broncos and Raiders...AND need Dolphins loss mixed in between their 2 games with the Titans and Patriots.  Or they need the Patriots to lose out, or the Colts to lose out.  

For all intents and purposes, the Steelers, Broncos and Ravens are done.  The insane scenarios that would have to occur for any those teams to get in...are extremely inconciveable....they aren't technically eliminated, but they are done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.