Big Ben might, might not, maybe, but probably retiring.

aristocrat

I actually don't think he's going to retire - I think he meant that it's his last game playing for the Steelers at Heinz Field.  I think he thinks (incredibly) that he can still play, and I suspect we'll see one of those sad late-career "I've still got it" tours where he tries to latch onto some new team in need of a veteran QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 17islongenough said:

Everyone saw this coming for a few years.  Not sure why Pittsburgh didn't and never really got a replacement for Big Ben

Case: Philadelphia in 2020 drafting a 2nd round QB behind their franchise QB. Chaos ensues. 

That'd be my reason why they didn't. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I actually don't think he's going to retire - I think he meant that it's his last game playing for the Steelers at Heinz Field.  I think he thinks (incredibly) that he can still play, and I suspect we'll see one of those sad late-career "I've still got it" tours where he tries to latch onto some new team in need of a veteran QB.

I hope you're wrong.  That would be sad indeed.

The thing about Purgatory is it's actually a good thing.  You will get heaven eventually, once your amends are made.  Not as good as a straight shot to the Pearly Gates, but infinitely better than eternal perdition.

QB Purgatory though, is much worse.  Zero guarantees, no certainty, and the ever present inkling that you might turn into the Lions, or the Browns.  That you'll draft such a titanic bust you'll be pining for Duck or Mason.  I don't think this will happen to the yinzers, but I can hope.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The thing about Purgatory is it's actually a good thing.  You will get heaven eventually, once your amends are made.  Not as good as a straight shot to the Pearly Gates, but infinitely better than eternal perdition.

So, Joe Flacco is the Son of God?!  I am so confused! 🤔

37 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I agree. And some team will sign him and give him that chance. Personally, I would love to see him head to Cleveland to be "competition" for Mayfield. That would be funny to me on several levels.

• Haha (+1) 1

• aristocrat changed the title to Big Ben might, might not, maybe, but probably retiring.
1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Notice it said "likely" and "at Heinz Field." What wasn't said was "as a QB" or "a Steelers QB" or a "NFL job haver." If Fitz can earn a paycheck at his age, no reason Ben can't. This tweet can be true simply by him signing with an NFC team or a team that doesn't play PIT next year. 

Edited by benderbender
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope you're wrong.  That would be sad indeed.

Sad is relative. I say this from the perspective of watching the Broncos' QB play the last 6 years.

(Not saying it's a good idea, but the Broncos, for one, are actually a playoff team with the corpse of Big Ben starting at QB)

56 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He is still better then a lot of the Hot Garbage masquerading as NFL QB's right now.  Have you seen what New Orleans and the Giants have been trotting out on the field lately?  Winston, Taysom Hill, Trevor Simien, Ian Book!!  Winston doesn't suck, but it falls off a huge cliff after that.  And Daniel Jones, Mike Glennon and Jake Fromm.  My goodness I would take Big Ben over all of them.  The quarterbacking around the league on the whole when you get past the top guys is pretty rough.  And a lot of the guys starting in college suck too.  Any of you watch the Minnesota v West Virginia bowl game Tuesday nite?  Wow, did that set football back about 40-50 years.  Tanner Morgan for the Gophers and whoever the scrub was for the Mountaineers were atrocious.  (I had a bet on the game.  That's why I was so involved w it.)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.