1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

This may surprise some, but good defenses and their coordinators pretty much know what you’re gonna do regardless. Because they know what you can’t do. This is why players trump scheme. If you have superior players with superior execution, you could tell the defense what you’re gonna run and they’d still be unable to stop it most of the time. And I’m speaking less of the QB and receivers in this equation and more of the O line. 5 wide sets have their place, but if you don’t have an OL that can hold up, it can all go to crap rather quickly. As we’ve seen. 

agreed. Tom Brady proves this point. He just spent 20 years throwing 5-yard passes to Kevin Faulk (and various clones), and no one could stop him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Wonder if we're taking a page out of Belechick's playbook with Vernon and Jaquan? Stay home if you're sick (and so we do t have to test ya).

If you're symptomatic, I believe you get tested regardless.

The Covid tests have a substantial false negative rate especially on the first couple days of symptoms. 

If someone is symptomatic with symptoms that might be Covid, better to keep them home than to have them come into the facility and get other people sick if they're not perfect with their masking and other protocols. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

my fantasy team this year agrees. Just need one more great game out of CP for my first title in 20 years (yes, 20 years— that’s sad, I know).

Get it some other week

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Is Oliver going to be fine?  I know it is risky but I wonder if they should sit him and make sure he is 100% for the postseason.

You're putting the cart ahead of the hoss here.  The goal is to make sure 100% we get INTO the post-season first. 

We aren't there yet.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Get it some other week

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Not this game.

my opponent (not a Bills fan) has Josh Allen going too.

That said, I am not conflicted. I want Allen and the Bills to do really well, and to obviously win. But if it so happens that Patterson has a good game and— say— Devin vultures in to steal some of Josh’s TD’s, then I will resign myself to accepting that result. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I want him in Buffalo so bad. I’ve wanted him in Buffalo since before he signed with Chicago and then with Atlanta. 

RB, WR, KR, PR and a gunner. You’d condense Matt Breida, Emmanuel Sanders, Jake Kumerow, Marquez Stevenson, Taiwan Jones in to one player. 

Now you have 3 real RB active each week and 6 real WR. I think the flexibly to play RB but also split out and play WR would be an absolute nightmare in this offense. We’d have so much flexibility to run 5 WR sets with the ability to threaten run with him.  

At his age he probably gets $6-$7M a year for 2-3 years. The roster flexibility he would provide would be absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately I could see a bad team offering close to $10M/year and he’d be wasted. 

Singletary/Moss/Patterson

Diggs

Davis

Beasley

Patterson

McKenzie?

Stevenson/Draft Pick?

I’m with ya.  I was hoping we’d grab him.  I’d be happy with him and motor as our RBs next season.  He might’ve made himself 7-8M a year.  Spotrac has his estimation @ 2 years 18.2Mz. 9.1M per year would make him the 8th highest paid rb.  I’m sure that would be too rich for our taste.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you're symptomatic, I believe you get tested regardless.

The Covid tests have a substantial false negative rate especially on the first couple days of symptoms. 

If someone is symptomatic with symptoms that might be Covid, better to keep them home than to have them come into the facility and get other people sick if they're not perfect with their masking and other protocols. 

Good points.

Honestly, how many people are perfect with their masking and protocols, especially "invincible" young macho football players.

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Good points.

Honestly, how many people are perfect with their masking and protocols, especially "invincible" young macho football players.

Yeah, that's why I think Sills and the NFL medical experts went down a "wrong road" relying on masking and distancing to curb intra-facility covid transmission vs. Testing for All 🤷‍♂️  Plus, a lot of these guys are friends and will be getting together outside the facility, whereas if they know they're infected they would isolate.

So then we're down to hoping and praying they're right that these infections are largely asymptomatic in young NFL players.

But, they're the ones with the Data on contact tracing and transmission so we'll hope they're on the right path.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, that's why I think Sills and the NFL medical experts went down a "wrong road" relying on masking and distancing to curb intra-facility covid transmission vs. Testing for All 🤷‍♂️  Plus, a lot of these guys are friends and will be getting together outside the facility, whereas if they know they're infected they would isolate.

So then we're down to hoping and praying they're right that these infections are largely asymptomatic in young NFL players.

But, they're the ones with the Data on contact tracing and transmission so we'll hope they're on the right path.

Put another way, I think what they are really hoping and praying for is for one way or another, jam the season through and not have any player get seriously ill /die..

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’ve never heard of any of these guys outside of Hayden hurst but it being the falcons they could all be starters 😂

Franks is their QB2.  Hurst is TE2.  Copeland and Vaughters are OLBs.  They might be thin at OLB.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I understand.  He is not the guy that makes you regret doubling Diggs.   So far no one is.  After Diggs  - Sanders, Davis, Beasley, McKenzie is a pretty solid and deep group.  

4 solid guys competing for 2 jobs is a good thing.  Toss in Kumerow and Stevenson, and WR is not a concern right now.  

Makes you wonder how this team would perform with another star receiver. They have higher priorities elsewhere, however. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Community spread is the issue they have now chosen to ignore.  The players do not live in a vacuum or a bubble with just other players.   Just saying.  

11 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Weather beginning to look interesting for Sunday.

http://www.nflweather.com/en/game/2021/week-17/falcons-at-bills

Freezing Fog.  Wonder how the Falcons, a dome team with basically 0 bad weather games this year will fare in the elements.

That along with the bills mafia noise will be a shock to their senses 

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

My disappointment in him has less to do with his actual play and more to do with the expectations I had for him.  

My primary disappointment in Sanders has been that he's failed to haul in a number of passes he should have had. 

He has 6 games where he's caught less than 50% of the targets he had, including one game where he was 0 for 4 and one game 2 for 6.

He's only scored as having 3 drops on 72 targets, but the eyeball test for "yeah, a good NFL WR makes that catch" is higher.

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

I wrote, several times, that I thought he was the missing link.  That he would be the guy that allows this passing offense to take the next step and allow someone to be open on every pass play.  That wasn’t the case.  Partly because the OL regressed.  Partly because he wasn’t the player I thought we were getting.  I overestimated the impact his addition would make on the team. 

I'm with you - I thought that too and I've been disappointed.  But part of it is how teams are playing us and our inability to get them out of it with the run game and short passes.  I've seen some signs of promise the last few games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

my opponent (not a Bills fan) has Josh Allen going too.

That said, I am not conflicted. I want Allen and the Bills to do really well, and to obviously win. But if it so happens that Patterson has a good game and— say— Devin vultures in to steal some of Josh’s TD’s, then I will resign myself to accepting that result. 

I have the exact same player dilemma this weekend. If anyone scores for the Falcons, it better be CPatt.

As for Josh…I do have Diggs and Knox, so if Josh is gonna toss some TDs then those two only please!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.