This is what they are saying in New England Land

DefenseWins

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

That's quite generous. I was looking at fin heaven and there are several posters claiming not only that Allen was not elite yesterday but that Tua is a better QB. I swear... they think Tua is a better QB. 

Let’s hope Flores agrees with them!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Needed some violins in he background! Cry me a river!

I went to the Pats fan site and most fans realize the Bills have a massive edge at the most critical position on the field.  That was the difference in this game because our defence did not do much but Allen and our offence just kept responding even after Pats would score.  You kept thinking this would be the drive our o-line gives up a huge sack and we point when the Pats made it a 5 point game and Allen would come up with a big throw.  Our O-line played their best game of the season and that allowed Allen to make plays that we saw.  If this team can get some better production from their D-LINE over the next two games and into the playoffs then anything is possible because were now at least showing signs of a running game. Nothing huge but at least giving defences something to think about 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, george c said:

Allen, being happy with, and taking full advantage of the underneath stuff NE was giving up his was the most telling part of Allens growth into a complete QB this year.  
Give this guy an extra 2 seconds like he had yesterday…yikes…

That, and he was perfectly happy to throw the ball away when nothing was there.  No dumb turnovers, no huge sacks.  Just solid, mistake-free football with some ridiculous highlight reel plays sprinkled in.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

That, and he was perfectly happy to throw the ball away when nothing was there.  No dumb turnovers, no huge sacks.  Just solid, mistake-free football with some ridiculous highlight reel plays sprinkled in.

NE dropped at least two INT's that in other years, would have probably been caught. Levi had a drop that would have prevented a TD later in the drive.

I listened to the first 5 minutes, will listen to the rest later. All Pats fans should listen to this. These guys nailed it so far. NE doesn’t have the same culture since Tom left, they didn’t have the energy this week or last. Buffalo just beat NE and there are no silver linings. Jones isn’t progressing as the season goes on. Josh Allen is great. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

OP - Thanks for posting.  It was actually a good listen.  Those two were the most reasonable and level headed NE dudes I have ever listened to.  For those who don't have the time, here are some highlights:

- Buffalo was the better team.

- If Josh Allen is as good as the people in Buffalo say he is, then he had to be the best player on the field.  To his credit, he was the best player on the field.  (yes, they said that)

- Why didn't the Pats adjust to Isaiah McKenzie?  They just left their DB on an island to be abused....and it was not like he was battling and occasionally making plays.  

- Josh was willing to take the check downs early.  They mentioned that the patriot players talked about how Josh being willing to take the checkdowns early caused them a lot of problems.

- Hightower was taken out a lot in the second half because they realized that he could not cover in space.

- One of them said that he is not a "separation guy" but his view from the pressbox was that the Bills secondary blanketed the patriot receivers.

- Why did NE bring in these TEs and then not use them? - they particularly talked about Jonnu Smith.

- The Patriots have been a little too overhyped and that the talk was a year too soon for where they are in the rebuild, especially with Buffalo in the division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 15

Just got to the end....and it was the best....

- They believe that they would win a rematch against the Colts because they don't believe in Carson Wentz.

- They knew that the last win against Buffalo was "fluky".

- You have to face the fact that Buffalo, Indi, and KC are better teams than you.

- Today you got the best version of Josh Allen.  They have that and you don't.  (meaning Buffalo has Josh and they don't have anything comparable.)

They have that and you don't.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 10

1 hour ago, george c said:

Allen, being happy with, and taking full advantage of the underneath stuff NE was giving up his was the most telling part of Allens growth into a complete QB this year.  
Give this guy an extra 2 seconds like he had yesterday…yikes…

This is what I’ve been saying since the Opener! I seem to recall that in preseason they’d move right down the field with short passes; one after the other in rapid fire mode. Then the season started and Dabolls play calling became a seemingly random mess. I’m convinced that if they’d stick to what works they’d virtually never punt…just like yesterday.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And Schopp thinking he is so superior and intellectual.

WGR is unlistenable.  There is some new guy, this year or so, that is terrible as well.  The only show I catch, maybe once a week or so is OBL, and that only because it's the only show in town.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BearNorth said:

NE dropped at least two INT's that in other years, would have probably been caught. Levi had a drop that would have prevented a TD later in the drive.

And Manny Sanders dropped probably the easiest pass he was thrown all year in the end zone and Darrell Williams forgot where he was on the field on the Knox td pass that was called back so it would have even out with the ints anyway 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Expect NE to add a stud receiver or two in the offseason.  Amari Cooper? Devonte Adams?  Could see Beasley taking his insufferable act to NE too.

What’s to stop the bills from adding another stud TE and RB? Like seriously why worry about the pats you have the clearly superior qb now by a country mile 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

I disagree that the defense didn’t do much. They held the Cheaters to 7 points through the first 43 minutes of the game. 

Agree, yes they gave up 139 yards on the ground but only 139 in the air and alot of that was at the end when in the prevent (always thought the prevent is to prevent a game from being a blow out) for a total of 288.  Even the last NE game, they gave up alot on the ground, but little in the air.  In a 60 minute football game, a team is going to gain yards someplace, it's going to happen.  So overall thought defense was good!

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.