12/19/21 Gameday Bills vs Panthers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

25 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I've got a bad feeling about this game. A hobbled JA behind this nightmare line on a wet field.

I think this will be the pivotal embarrassing loss that loses McD his job as the boos rain down from the crowd. 

If you honestly think a single loss will lose McDermott his job after what he has accomplished you probably should just stop posting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I've got a bad feeling about this game. A hobbled JA behind this nightmare line on a wet field.

I think this will be the pivotal embarrassing loss that loses McD his job as the boos rain down from the crowd. 

Put your "money" with your mouth is. Ethan, the Bills win today and you don't post on the football side of this site until the season ends. The Panthers win and I'll not post until after the draft.

Deal?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Typically the Bills seem to make Moss inactive in games where they don't plan to run too much

Hope that's not the case.

Sanders was expected, and Epenesa a new injury from Friday so not unexpected.

Dodson, Dawkins and Feliciano on the Covid list don't get listed as inactives

image.thumb.png.3251bf3616b8b4597f60328e2182a13d.png

PANTHERS INACTIVES

WR Shi Smith

CB A.J. Bouye

LB Kamal Martin

OL Deonte Brown

OL Trent Scott

DE Darryl Johnson

28 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Just get Isaiah McKenzie involved.

Gabe Davis will hold his own. 

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If you honestly think a single loss will lose McDermott his job after what he has accomplished you probably should just stop posting.

I agree.  A coach has no control over illness or injury.  McD is safe for now.  

9 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Between the weather conditions and the likely need to run the ball against a weaker Panther run D, having Moss inactive again speaks volumes of where his value is being assessed by the team.      It can be explained away with "the game plan", but I think that's just coach speak.   

Watching the RBs in that game yesterday only reinforced the Bills having nothing close to the caliber of Taylor or even Stevenson. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Typically the Bills seem to make Moss inactive in games where they don't plan to run too much

Hope that's not the case.

I'm a little surprised. With Carolina thin at defensive tackle and strong at end, while the Bills are very weak at tackle, I thought they would try to run it down the middle and limit the passing. Maybe they're thinking screens, slants and passes in the flat. I sure hope Daboll isn't considering another all-pass day. Even Allen can't cope with swinging doors at tackle. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Naturally, YOU would have such a feeling!

33 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

GOOD! With your incredible record of wrongness, this game is in the bag!

I will put my reputation on this board against yours any day.

That said, I am rounding in the hospital all day so won't see the game live. 

As other have said, it would be great if Brown plays a capable LT today. Opens up all kinds of off-season options for the OL. If they throw Doyle out there to start then they might as well take JA to the hospital now.

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I will put my reputation on this board against yours any day.

That said, I am rounding in the hospital all day so won't see the game live. 

As other have said, it would be great if Brown plays a capable LT today. Opens up all kinds of off-season options for the OL. If they throw Doyle out there to start then they might as well take JA to the hospital now.

You can.  And you’d lose.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I really don’t think our offensive line can play much worse than they have been no matter who is in there lol 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If the Bills win out, the Titans go 1-3, and the Chefs go 1-2, the Bills get the #1 seed. I wanna Billieve!

(pair with a Dolphins win over the Pats week 18, and the Pats miss the playoffs for the cherry on top).

I do think the Dolphins sweep the cheats but very unlikely KC drops 2 out of 3